Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #1  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Default Lets concentrate on the good today!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful and positive day. And if you are not, lie to yourself I just did something that is like amazing for me and it may not seem like much but I feel I have accomplished a lot. Since I am feeling that I have accomplished a lot I am wondering what big(or little) things you guys have done today that has helped you stay on track!!

Ok...now for mine, I was bad yesterday and ordered a pizza. I had a lot of slices and the rest went in the fridge. I texted my roommate and said "throw it away!" I am so pround of myself because pizza is one of my foods that turns me into a vaccuum and all today I was like...if I go home I will have some...if I go home I will have some.

Now its out of my life and I can have that salad
SkinnyGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Wow, good for you...that is a toughie.

The good thing i am doing is pulling myself out of a fast food addiction. I ate clean today and didnt have seconds at dinner, even though the rest of the family did and i almost justified it to myself because it was *healthy*...then i asked myself "would having a second helping get me closer to my goal?". I try to ask myself that about things that I am on the fence about. If i am on the fence about exercising, i ask myself that too. So far so good this week.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

We probably should have a daily thread that's all good. It's pretty easy to get bogged down in the muck of life, isn't it?

Today I am one week clean of smoking cessations products oh and cigarettes too.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #4  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SUSANB ~ Congatulations for getting rid of the ciggies; DH and I celebrated our 5th anniversary of NO SMOKING on March 20, 2008. It was hard at the beginning, but with each day, it got easier and easier; and boy are we glad we did it. Not only do we have more disposable income for other stuff, but more importantly, DH can breathe so much better now; and he was able to throw away his 'PUFFERS' too!!!

YOU CAN DO IT, SUSAN!!!

ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 AM   #5  
Shalu

S/C/G: 162/145/132

Height: 5.6"

I went to Round table pizza today with my family..I had just one piece..Instead i ordered garden salad and felt full..I am really proud to say that i was not even tempted to taste more than a piece
shalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:22 AM   #6  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Well I took my wedding ring off today! And no not because I'm seperated (still very happily married) - I've lost so much weight it won't stay on! So pretty happy there, now I just have to wait until I reach goal so I can get the ring re-sized.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Today I got into the 170's, which I haven't seen since I was 10 years old!
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh my gosh!

What fabulous accomplishments!

I was thinking of all the times someone says "what's new today" and we say "nuthin'" .... This is much better!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #9  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Congratulations everyone! That is great to hear! I know how it can be to get bogged down on the negatives but when you look at the little things done each day (or the big things, congrats on quiting smoking guys!!) it makes our days seem more productive towards weight loss. That is true Susan, when the focus is switched slightly then we see some of our "routine" activities as they really are, accomplishments
SkinnyGina is offline   Reply With Quote