Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 04-01-2008, 06:22 AM   #1  
Mel

Default Lift and Chat: April 1 - 15, 2008

Happy April haha, it's pouring!

So what was the best April Fool's prank you ever pulled?

Back later,

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Wow - I can't believe it is April!!! Time just goes by so quickly sometimes.

Today I have my first yoga class. After my morning walk with the dog I am heading to the gym.

In other news - I found a brand of cottage cheese here that is actually cottage cheese!! I am SOOOO excited. Before I moved here cottage cheese was one of my diet staples & since I've been here I've been unable to find any cottage cheese that isn't dry & crumbly - ick!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

May I join the lift and chat?
I do bowflex, so it's a bit different than the NROLFW.

I have never pulled a prank (how lame am I??) - but I heard on tv this morning that one guy proposed to his GF on April's fools day as a prank. Bet he is single now!

Last edited by fiberlover; 04-01-2008 at 11:19 AM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #4  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Ew, that is cruel, and he's probably lucky to be alive!

I'm feeling a bit more energetic yesterday and today, so am hoping that today's workout doesn't bring on the fatigue that's been making my other workouts torture.

It's been hard, emotionally, to deal with the whole scale stall-out. It's been my only real sign of success in this journey so far, and it's hard to see "exhausted and bloated" as a benefit of weight training, lol. I'm toughing it out, though, honest!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:31 PM   #5  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning ladies!

I got home Sunday night after an exhausting week, which included a rerouted flight originally from Minneapolis (where I was for a conference) to Boston through Milwaukee. Ended up going Minneapolis, LAS VEGAS, Boston - ick...... But I made it to my FIL's funeral on time, it was literally the only way. Anyway, we leave tonight to go to Montana til Sat, then Sunday to the Grand Canyon for a week of hiking. I feel like I've done nothing but sit on airplanes for the last week. I'm off to the gym as soon as I finish this, then home to finish packing. See you in 2 weeks! If not, please tell them to look in the bottom of the canyon.

Last edited by WaterRat; 04-01-2008 at 01:32 PM.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Morning everyone!

Welcome home Pat. You've survived the less pleasant trip and now I'm certain you are going to have a great time hiking and playing. Have fun!

Welcome Lori! No one is obliged to do NROLW--some don't and some do.

Lifeguard, I hope you enjoy the yoga. I've been going and keeping quiet about it. I'm still on the fence but I can see why people like it.

I just got back from the gym where I did 4B2. Damn prone cuban snatches! I did my deadlifts (3x8) with 45lb plates today which puts me very, very close to deadlifting my bodyweight! I'm going slowly with them as a consequence of my dl injury a few weeks back, but I am certain that I will be able to do 145 next week. Yay.

Happy workouts ladies!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #7  
No description available.

Hi guys,

I just wanted to post that I think I am done with this weightlifting thing. It's too hard, plus I don't want to get all huge. I mean, that is not very attractive and I know I will just bulk up. The diet restrictions are not good either. What's wrong with carbs anyway? Food is actually very important to me. I'm tired of making these choices. I would rather have chile cheese fries everyday and I am going to make a conscious decision to eat what I want when I want it. Life is too short to spend in a gym and not eating gooey cheesy goodness. So thanks for all your help and advice, but I've really had quite enough. The soreness is cramping my style.

April Fools!!!

If anyone fell for that, then that is the best April Fool's joke I've ever done!! Have a good one!

Last edited by midwife; 04-01-2008 at 03:32 PM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #8  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

I wasn't buying for a second Midwife.

Drive by post. DS2 is playing busdriver (has all the kitchen chairs lined up single file) and is threatening to leave me behind.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

That's too bad midwife. And I just have to say - as a woman - you won't bulk up without a LOT of work. Good luck!

I missed the yoga class 'cause I'm apparently a bit dope & I didn't know there was this little room in the corner & couldn't figure out where to go. I didnt' find it until 15 minutes in & by then I was too embarassed to go in. I'll try again Thursday.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #10  
Meg

Midwife, you've convinced me. I read your post, took a long, hard look at my pathetic life and hit the drive-through. Burp. Thank you for opening my eyes to the error of my ways!

... but what am I going to do with this closet full of size 4 clothes that I won't be able to wear?

Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:17 PM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Maybe I should call my mom and tell her I'm pregnant? She'd kill me.

Lately, I've been having the bagel crisis, yet again. I see bagels, I like bagels, I want to buy a bagel. I told myself I can have bagels if I want after I get back from my trip to visit my family.

Today, I'm going to do the specials workouts for phase 1. I may also do some kettlebells We'll see.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

LOL, you did have me for a second midwife, but it was so unlike you that I was more perplexed than anything!

Lifeguard, nevermind. Next time!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:50 PM   #13  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Midwife, that was a good one! You ladies are all troublemakers!

I'll be doing workout 1A4 today, with a little less weight, because I did something stupid to my left shoulder during my last workout, and I'm going to experiment with taking 2 off days between workouts, at least for a while. I just don't think I'm getting enough recovery time, or it just may be that the weights were too heavy on the UB exercises. I'll try and just have to find my own way, I think, and might go back to every other day later, if my recovery ability improves.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Cheryl,

The first few weeks workouts for me were really bad in that I was sore sore sore. It will improve
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:57 PM   #15  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Nelie - bagels are my second love, after DH . I do have them twice a week, I fit those into my plan. We just go out and have them, so that I don't have a bunch sitting around at home.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote