South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Talking how many days a week do you exercise

I exercise 6 days a week.(would be 7 but the gym only has child care 6 days a week) Mostly Cardio with some weight lifting.
I find it ALOT easier to stick to a diet when I exercise...when I want a cookie I say " I just busted my butt on the elliptical I dont want to waste those calories on a cookie"
though there are some days I just walk on the treadmill but it still helps me keep my cravings under contrl.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #2  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

In general it's better to have 1 day off a week, so it's good that childcare isn't open all 7! Although doing something low-key like walking on your day off is supposed to be OK.

I do 6 days a week myself too. Any less and I would "Argue" with myself if I was going to exercise or not. Now there is no choice.

Last edited by Idealmuse; 03-30-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #3  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I exercise every day that I would like to lose weight.

So, I exercise every day.

One of those days may not be at the gym, but I get in a walk or do some yoga all the same.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

WHEN i can go to the gym (i'm on medical leave right now due to stress fracture in my ankle) I do yoga and cardio on mondays, wednesdays fridays and sundays
i do cardio and weights on wednesday and saturdays
so basically take tuesday and thursday off but i've been known to get in there for cardio with a friend...
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Cardio every day, PT stretches and ab exercises every day, free weights every other day. I'm going to add yoga on Friday mornings starting next week. For me if my goal is every day and I miss a day now and then it isn't so bad but if I decrease my goal and them miss a day..... Seems like everything is about keeping me on track and I -do- like to make excuses
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I go to Curves at least 3 times a week, and on good weeks I'm there 5 days out of 7.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:01 PM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Every day except for Sunday (today was an exception...I ate a big hunkin oatmeal cookie last night and I worked off the "guilt" this morning) I NEVER eat cookies that I make for the family, but last night, it just yelled at me to eat it.

I switch up every other day between Fluidity Fitness and Callenetics in the mornings before work and sometimes yoga in the late afternoon if I'm having a particularly stressful work day.

Last edited by femmecreole; 03-30-2008 at 07:11 PM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I run five days a week and usually end up walking and/or doing an exercise video on my two off days.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:35 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

5 days a week for me 2-3 times a day for 30-45 minutes each
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:52 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Dang, girls, you put me to shame (and make me much more motivated--so thanks! )!!!

I do cardio for a half hour three days a week. That happens every week, no matter what. Every so often something else gets in there--like a long, brisk walk, shoveling snow, or a yoga class. But I've had the hardest time trying to fit in more exercise than my three sessions at the gym. And I'm supposed to be doing four, at least!

So, tell me--especially those of you that are doing cardio + weights, or cardio + other things in one day--how the heck you make the time??? I just can't figure out how to get everything done in the week now, and adding more stuff in seems impossible... I have Tuesdays and Fridays off, so I could fit time in then, but I have three appointments every Tuesday, have my usual responsibilities (cleaning/tidying the house, walking the dog, grooming the pets and getting them to vet appointments, making dinner, laundry, doing dishes, etc.) at home, and have five or six friends that want to spend time together (that's a whole 'nother story--spending time with friends should be fun and a stress-reliever, but trying to fit in time to spend with them just has me incredibly stressed--and as soon as I get through the whole bunch, I'm back at the beginning trying to find time for the first one on the list. ). I find myself running ragged every day off and I'm not fitting in any time for "fun stuff" for myself--which is leading to lots of extra eating. My therapist and nutritional counselor are both really on me to find time each day for something fun. *big sigh* I'm so frustrated trying to meet all the responsibilities!

I have stuff going on nearly every night of the week most weeks (this week I have two nights off, which feels like a miracle!) and that keeps me from exercising longer when I go to the gym after work (those are the three days a week). Usually, once I'm there, I love to stay for hours. When I wasn't working--I usually spent about 2 hours at the gym every day! Now, I have to run as soon as my half-hour on the elliptical is over. I have to get home, have my snack, feed and walk the dog, take a shower, make dinner, and eat it (that rarely happens until 9 or 10 at night, though) before heading to whatever is on the schedule that night, and it all has to happen between 5:15 and 6:45. Yeah, right!

Right now I'd like to add in yoga on Thursday nights, whenever that night is free, since it's the only yoga class our gym has that I can make it to. That would involve doing cardio for a half hour, then going to the yoga class about an hour and a half later. I'm a bit scared that I'll be too worn out from cardio to do yoga--how does it go for you, Nessa? Do you have enough energy? I want to add in strength-training and cardio time at the gym on Fridays, but it's my only possible "sleep-in" day, so it gets pushed aside a lot. Maybe if I get up and do it, I'll be forced to go to bed earlier during the week through my fatigue?

Sorry for the long post and the whining here, chicks. I'm sure you can tell this is something that's been bothering me for a long time--I think exercise is SO key to weightloss and I really miss my old fitness routine, which I managed while working full time and going to school full time. Go figure.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:23 PM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Laurie, I get up early and run before Tom's dad leaves for work (so he can listen for the sleeping babes). Then I fit in videos when the girls nap in the afternoon. I have to do my exercise in the morning or else the rest of the day compounds upon itself and makes the scheduling of workouts impossible.

Regarding the yoga, I took an hour and a half class every Saturday morning when we were in Korea. I ran to the gym (about a mile and a half), did an hour on the elliptical, and then did the class. Sometimes I ran afterwards, too. Yoga and cardio are two seperate entities for me. I actually quite enjoyed doing the yoga after a strenuous cardio session because my muscles were SO ready to stretch that I got a lot out of the class. Plus, I had worked out my frustrations in the cardio time, so I had less muck in my head when I was trying to zen out!

I hear you on the sleeping in bit. I never get to do that anymore! If the baby's not up at 7 to nurse, then the other two are raring to go early in the morning. I always dread the alarm going off when it's still dark, but once I get going, it's exhilerating!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:46 PM   #12  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

My goal is every day that I am not working 12 hours. So, that would be 5-6 days each week as my goal.
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:16 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal View Post
So, tell me--especially those of you that are doing cardio + weights, or cardio + other things in one day--how the heck you make the time???
Kara is my role model in this, seriously I figure if she can do it with three little ones at home I just have no excuse. I have to admit though that I often feel that I have no life. I work full time with 1.5 hours commute every day. I get home, read a little email, cook dinner, eat, digest, work out, have a snack to replenish, work out some more, go to bed. In between I do a little cleaning, talk to my Mom or daughter, read a little 3FC and news. I am lucky that I get to work at home one day a week, so three days are easier without the commute.

I often worry about how I will maintain it. I hope to get out for half hour walks in the mornings as it gets light earlier so I will have an extra half hour at night. Yoga on Friday mornings will also require some juggling. I could not do it if I had young children.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:27 AM   #14  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Monday, Wednesday and Friday I do at least 2 Leslie Sansone walking/aerobic videos each day. I do at least 6 miles a day but I shoot for 8 miles so the number of videos can vary depending on which videos I choose. The videos are 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 miles each video. I also do 40 Min's of some kind of resistance training each of those days.

Tuesday and Thursday I do at least 2 walking/aerobic videos each day, at least 8 miles. Sometimes ( I try to do this once a week to switch it up a bit ) I do a 1 mile at a time walking/aerobic video marathon. I make sure I do at least 8 miles but I shoot for 10 miles. This is on a Tuesday or Thursday since I don't have resistance training those days. All of this can depend on if my knee or hip is hurting. On those days I may only do 3 miles.

Saturday I clean house from top to bottom and spend in general 4 hours food shopping and such. If I don't have that much to do around the house and don't spend that much time shopping ( very seldom ) I will do a video or two. I don't generally exercise on Saturday at all. Very very seldom do I exercise on Sunday. The body should have one day off a week to relax and do not much of anything.

I probably took me 6 months to be able to do this much. I can remember when I started with a one mile video and I had to pause it to catch my breath.

Have to admit years ago when I was working 10 hour days I only did 2 miles a few times a week.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 04-01-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks, chicks, for bringing this up and showing me how little I was doing--I sat down with DH and figured out a schedule for my two days off this week so I fit in 1 hour of strength training on Tuesday, am doing yoga tonight, and am doing a half hour of cardio tomorrow. I won't get as much done at home, but it's worth it for my health.

Thanks!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote