Old 03-31-2008, 05:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Smile Accountability - planning - menus - Week of March 30 - April 5

Looking for some accountability? A place to post your menu? Support? A little of everything? This is the place for you! Come on over!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:31 AM   #2  

Hi friends...I had a good on plan day yesterday - I am grateful. After my overeating Saturday night - it felt good to find some refuge in my food plan.

Here's today:

PT
Taxes
meditation
stretches
lots of water
journal/log food
PMA

breakfast - ff cottage cheese with canteloup, pnb on ww toast
snack - carrots
lunch - wrap with ham, lite cheese, lite mayo, asparagus
snack - yogurt with bran cereal
dinner - 12 grain pancake, turkey sausage, sf syrup, green beans
snack - cereal, flax, fruit, skim milk

I hope everyone has a great day. Be good to yourself and do the best you can.

Sara - Hi and welcome back. So sorry to hear that you needed to have knee surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery. You have a good plan for the day. I wondered where you were.

Math - yes, stay positive!! I like your spirit. Remember - everyday is a new beginning. Carry on, friend.

Purple - WOW = great job at the buffet! Buffets are really tough to face. Great idea to have your MIL take the kids over for dessert! Good exercise too!

snflgrl - Your menu/plan looks great. I am so glad you found us. What does HNS stand for??

schmoodle - so nice to get to sleep in now and then. FANTASTIC for all those on plan days.

Rhonda - hope ladies night was fun.

Brit40 - My food plan is "organized" calorie counting. Making sure I have lots of fruit & veggies, limited fats, heathy starches, lean protein, lf dairy and limited goodies. However, I do have treats now in then. I like to include tastey and fun foods in my plan everyday. I can eat what I like - alot of it is about portion control.

bgtxmomma- Glad to hear about your OP day. Hope you had a good time at the Y. I LOVE that place.

Carry on everyone. Hi to any folks I missed.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-31-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:15 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends.

It’s Monday morning and I’m sitting here singing the same ole song. I went off-plan again this weekend. Ladies’ night got the best of me. I’m incredibly frustrated with myself. I’ve set a goal to be in Onederland by my birthday – July 14th. I really really need to find some commitment and motivation on the weekends so that I don’t totally destroy any progress I make during the week. At this rate, I’m only managing to maintain. That’s just not acceptable to me. So, I’m starting over yet again.

Sarah – It is so good to hear from you again. You’ve been missed. Sorry to hear about the knee surgery.
Purple – Congratulations on handling the buffet with such grace!
Snflrgrl1962 -
Math – Great job with your self motivation for the gym!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Friday night I did not get to go for my walk because it was pretty cold here. Saturday and Sunday I went for 2 mile walks each day with my son. I am hoping that it warms up enough here today to take him for a long walk. By the end of the week it is suppose to be in the 60's so I am hoping to start 3 mile walks! I did also get my running shoes dug out of the closet.
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks! I am happy to report another on-plan day! I was worried because we took DD1 out for her 21st birthday and she wanted sushi, which I love and is not on my plan. However the sushi place she wanted to go to was closed, so we ended up at a tavern-y place, and I was able to get a salad, steamed veggies, and a yummy rare tuna steak. My scale still has not budged, but that's no biggie. I am in for a drop soon, I can just feel it!

Rhonda, you are not starting over, just picking up where you left off! You definitely need to figure out a plan to deal with those ladies nights. We'll have to see what we can come up with. And maintaining is much better than the third alternative!

So glad you had a good day BeverlyJoy! Today will be another one!

I'll be back in a bit to come up with a plan. Right now, I've gotta walk the kids to school. See ya!

Okay, today:
B: Chocolate cheesecake smoothie, coffee with milk, 3 slices turkey bacon, tomato juice
S: hardboiled egg
L: Refried beans with salsa and cheese, raw carrots
S: latte, SB snack bar
D: marinara sauce over veggies (DH making spag & meatballs)
S: yogurt with slivered almonds

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-31-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:12 AM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I am working a weird shift today so I can accomodate some staff training. I am not pleased about doing it, but will be glad to get it done! This is a really hectic week--seems like something 'extra' to do almost every night, but I will NOT let that throw me off!

This am I got up and did a 2 mile watp dvd. If I get a sticker today, I will have earned my pedi! I SO need it...kinda feel bad for the person who will get stuck doing it....my feet are really icky...

I hopped on the scale and it hasn't moved...I have to say I am a bit disappointed. I know I am still bloated--I am getting too much sodium from somewhere--need to pay more attention to food this week, once that goes down there WILL be a loss, I just can't officially count it yet. I know it is not all about the # on the scale. I also know I am doing good things--making healthier food choices, working out regularly--this is all good stuff! I can feel the changes, so it's all good!

This week is going to be a bit hit and miss w/ the gym--I will go tomorrow (can't tonight b/c of work, and Wed the dogs have a vet appt)-so I have to make the most of my workout time.

I saw an interesting commercial this am--it said for every pound you lose, you take 4lbs of pressure off your knees. I wonder if that's true? I'll have to ask my ortho next time I see him.

Beverlyjoy--Thanks for starting us off! Good for you for getting right back on plan!

Rhonda--Sounds like a great goal. You know what you need to do and we are here for you!

Scoobie--Great job w/ the walks!

Schmoodle--Great job!!! I am SO w/ you on the scale...it is getting frustrating for me, but I will NOT give up! I know I am doing good things!

Purple--Fantastic job at the buffet!

Math puppy--Great job getting to the gym!

txmomma--How are you?

K, gotta finish getting ready for work! Have a great on plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 AM   #7  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hey guys!

Sigh, last night we went out for Indian food. Soooooooooo good. I had tandoori chicken. Sooooooooo good. I didn't overeat, and I savored every bite, and that was even more pleasurable than stuffing my face. So I'm so glad about that.

I woke up early and showered and am headed to the Y. I'm going to try out the morning thing.

Yay mj! Taxes are over!! Woohoo!! The scale will move soon. I can feel it. Are you drinking lots of water? You exercise so much. Oh yea, what the heck do you do at the gym? For now I'm sticking to the cardio stuff. Do you know how to use the weight lifting thingies?

Beverly, good for you for having a talk with yourself. I get weak around rolls and butter. =/ It sounds like you had a nice supper with your neighbors. =D And that's awesome you had a good op day yesterday. =D

Rhonda, the weekends are so hard. =/ My plans got foiled each weekend for the first month I was on here. Then I started getting fixated on my Monday morning weigh-ins, which is the ONLY motivation I have for not going off plan on the weekends now. =/ Plus then you can have a slightly higher calorie day after a weigh in to give you something to look forward to. But you can do this. ONDERLAND IS WAITINGGGGGGGGGGGG FOR YOU!

Schmoodle, I'm glad you were able to have such a good dinner out. =D I bet the scale will budge for you soon!!

Scoobie, good job with the walks!!!!!!!

Math, a controlled binge is way better than an out of control, flinging the oreos in your face binge imo!! Did you tap your cravings away? Yay on going to the gym. =D

Purple, YAYYYYYYYYYYY! You do so well at the buffet. You should be proud of yourself. =D

Welcome, snflgrl! Nice menu. =D
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:39 PM   #8  
mj5

Hi again! Ok, so it’s technically lunchtime, but I have only been at work for an hour….since I want to stay on track w/ my eating, I am going to eat my lunch now and have a snack before I start training this afternoon…SO glad I don’t work this odd shift every day!

Txmomma—Mmm, Indian food, sounds yummy! Great job not overeating! How did it go at the Y? What did you do there today? Lately I have been doing a little more cardio—either treadmill or bike, but last week I FINALLY started adding the weight training again. For my legs I use the machines—they are very similar to the ones I used at pt, so I am comfortable w/ them. For my upper body, my brother showed me a free weight routine. I am hoping he will have some spare time soon so he can show me how to change it up—I think one of the reason I have been avoiding it is because I am bored w/ it. That and sometimes I still struggle w/ feeling intimidated walking into that weight room--most of the time I am the only woman and definitely the most out of shape. Usually I just turn up my music and walk right in, but every once it a while it 'gets' to me.....I WILL be doing arms/shoulders tomorrow. See, now that I have posted it, I have to! Plus, I really want to wear a tank top this summer and my arms are SO not ready

Have a great day!

I am drinking lots of water, but I am going to try upping that too and see if that helps.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

So our family has been struck again by another bug. Yesterday I was in bed all day and we had 2 sick kids. It was quite the day. Luckily hubby has been healthy, but feeling under the weather too. He's still in bed recovering from lost sleep.

I mentioned a post or so ago about something that happened so here goes: The incident that scared me so much happened at a neighbors house. I was right with her when her baby (7 months old) chocked on a inch and 1/2 piece of ceramic tile that was shaped in a V. It was the scariest moment of my life, and the closest I have been to witnessing a near-death. The mum stuck her hand down her throat and tried to rip it out (I know you aren't supposed to do that) and she finally riped it out, blood everywhere...the mum was freaking out, and all I could remember to tell her from CPR was that if she's crying = she's breathing...because it was at least a minute or so where she couldn't breathe at all. Anyhow, reflecting back on it, lots of things weren't done right, but ultimately the baby is fine now and that's all that matters.

Anyhow, I'm still on track. The scale has not budged. I'm still sitting at 252. It's okay though. I'm hoping for a better week next week.

Cheers,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:47 PM   #10  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Oh dear lord, Ginger. =( That's so scary. I got a tense feeling in the pit of my stomach from just reading about it -- I can't imagine how frightening it would have been to be there. =( =(

I'm sorry you guys are sick, too. =( =( Lucky DH that he didn't get the bug. Illnesses always seem to miss my DH, too. Good job maintaining!!

Yea, I went to the Y. It was insanely crowded! I had to wait for a treadmill, lol. It's deserted on the weekends. I like it crowded, tho. But I did 20 min on the bike, interval mode. I got a good sweat. Then I went on the treadmill for 20 minutes.

Right now I'm just doing cardio because the weight room intimidates me too much! I totally know what you mean, mj. I look in and see all these buff guys or tiny little teenagers hanging off the buff guys. =/ I think I'll take a class at the women's center at the Y. They have small 4-person classes on weight lifting. I bet once I actually know how to use the equipment, I won't be as frightened. =/

And yea, now you HAVE to do arms and shoulders tomorrow!!!!!! =D lol You're committed to it now.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:53 PM   #11  
mj5

Hi again!!! Yea, training is over! At least it was pretty interactive.

Ginger--OMG! I cannot even imagine how scary that must have been!! The good news is, the baby is ok!!! Hope you are all feeling better at your house!

txmomma--Good for you for going to the Y and working up a sweat!!! Knowing how to use the equipment is key! That way you won't hurt yourself or look like a dork (two things I am worried about!). Yep, that's why I posted it here....now I have to do it!

Ok, it's time to go...have a great night!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Ok, the week is starting off well thus far.

Breakfast--hot tea w/ one tsp real sugar, Raisin Bran, skim milk, apple juice

Lunch--turkey/broccoli/cheese Lean Pocket, small can of V8, whole banana, water

Dinner--I deliberately ate less earlier in the day, to budget calories for this meal. DH was here for dinner tonight, which is somewhat rare.

--roast pork tenderloin and mushrooms--cooked in a mixture of lt Italian dressing, apricot nectar, Dijon mustard
--mashed potatos, iced tea, green beans with onion
--made gravy for the rest of the family and limited myself to one small spoonful
--one Oreo

Believe it or not, less than 1500 k/cal, and ~ 22g fiber Whoot!

April points challenge begins tomorrow...am hoping I can do it.

-----------------------

GirlyGirl--you can do it, take control on the weekends, don't let errands and dining out, family/friends keep you from your goal.

Schmoodle--am with you on the scale not budging situation. It's frustrating, but at least we are making better food choices.

mj5--four pounds of pressure off the knees? That's a goal in itself!

Txmomma--good for you, staying in control and eating slowly at the restaurant!

Ginger--that's really, really scary. I hope the baby's throat was okay afterwards from the scratches.

You all are so good about going to the gym! However do you find the time?
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:40 AM   #13  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hey gang. Im not sure if I counted my cals right today because I guesstimated. (felt a little lazy) but ive been doing this long enough that I think im pretty accurate. (hope)
I was a little worried when I didn’t at all feel hungry in the evening. Not stomach growl, just jones-ing for a snack. But the feeling finally came so I know I was at least close tonight. I only have two more lbs till I can take another progress pic!! Im so excited. I hope I can lose 2 this week!

Been looking at cat pictures all night on flickr.com i gotta get back to that. There are some sweet pics on there.

Chow for now meyow.

Bev- onplan days! There is no better feeling!

Girlygirl- “only one thing is 100% certain, the hard times will come” im glad you are battling it. And its not starting over! You have lost 35lbs already, just keep going. You cant do it Rhonda!

Schmoodle- hee hee, the sushi bar was closed because someone up there is smiling down on your plan.

Ginger- that’s soooo scary! Glad everything was okay. I choked on a mint when I was like, 4. I don’t remember it and considering it probably isn’t be a fun memory I’m glad.

Mj- 4lbs off the knees? That’s a little fishy. Let me know what your ortho says. Hey, did you get your sticker? Don’t leave us hanging!

Bigtxmomma- I love how much you have been going to the y! im so proud of you. I like to lift weights (I noticed you asking mj about that) but I don’t know much about it either. I just do the stuff I learned when I had sessions with a trainer (always money well spent) and some stuff I learned from books at the library on weight lifting. Going to a class would be great! Let me know how it works out.

Darkblue- of course you can! Good luck
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #14  

Hi Chickies! Yesterday was a good on plan day - I am grateful.

Today I go for my yearly check up, pap, labs and all. It's at 9:30 this morning. By the time it's over and I then take my thyroid med and wait an hour before I eat, it will be close to 11 am before I eat.

My taxes are about half done. Yay...getting there. Being self employed takes lots of time to add up and figure out deductions, etc. Then...I'll take it to the accountant.

DH started his new position yesterday. It's at the same company. He'll be home more - which is nice. I told him up front that I have been doing well with my eating for months. And that he needs to eat healthy along with me - I am not willing to fix unhealthy meals just because he is home more for dinner. I am grateful that he smiled thru pancake night last night He says he's anxious to start grilling again. Spring weather is here!

more taxes
doctor appointment
stretches (done!)
meditation
lots of water
journal/log food
PMA

Brunch - kashi waffle, egg white scramble with ketchup, soy bacon, applesauce
snack - cottage cheese and pineapple, crackers
dinner - Turkey polish sausage, sweet potato, asparagus
snack - cereal, flax, fruit, skim milk

Rhonda - Everyday is a new beginning. You can do this. Take it one day or meal at time. Drink lots of wanter. We are here to cheer you on or hold your hand.

Math - glad you did well with your food. Great goal - two more pounds and you'll do another picture. GREAT.

Dark Blue - great plan! Good luck with the challenge.

Mj5- Glad to hear the training went well. Good job with the water. Did you get your sticker...oooo- you're getting so close to your pedicure.

Ginger - oh my goodness - so, so scary - the choking incident. How is the baby now? I hope you and the family feel better soon.

txmamma - Maybe someone at the Y can show you how to use all the workout equipment. Your class will help...Great! Wonderful job on eating the indian food slowly and really enjoying it.

Schmoodle. YAY- so glad to hear about another on plan day. Don't worry about the scale. You and I are similar in that - the scale moves in it's own time not depending on whether or not we deserve it to go down.

Scoobie - great job on the walk....running shoes are coming out!

I hope you all have a terrific day. Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-01-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #15  
mj5

Good Morning! We are getting teased w/ some Spring weather today! Then it is supposed to get cold again...it's ok, though. I'll take it!!

darkblue--I know, I hope that is true! I'll let you know what I find out!

mathpuppy--Next time I go to my ortho I'll ask...I just wrote myself a note so I'll remember...

beverlyjoy--Good luck at your appt...not that you'll need it, of course! Yea for having dh home more! Good for you for not cooking two meals, I don't either. YEA for taxes almost being done!

purple--How are you doing?

Rhonda--How are you?

Sara--How's the knee doing?

Now I know my efforts are paying off....today I am wearing a shirt that has ultra short sleeves and buttons up the front. It was quite snug when I bought it, but was on clearance, so I bought it anyway. The arms fit great and it is actually loose now! The jeans I am wearing were snug in the hips and are now loose!!! I would still like to see the scale move, but it's ok!!!!

Today I WILL go to the gym and hit the weight room--arms/shoulders today. This am I did a 2 mile walk slim dvd and I was sweating up a storm! I did most of the intervals, too.

For those wondering....YES, I earned my sticker! Pedicure here I come!!! Now I just have to find the time to fit it in! It may take a couple of weeks, but that's ok, I know I have earned it! Now I have to pick a new reward! I really want a new pair of sandals--to show off my pedi, so maybe that will be it, not sure though.....