View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Sweetcaroline
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Default Anyone Remember Deal A Meal ???

I'm not making fun... I'm sure it helped a lot of people 'in the day'... but I cracked up with my memories of ordering my Deal A Meal 'kit'... Richard Simmons was on TV Dancin To The Oldies, with 'real' overweight people on the stage, 800 number was flashin... I called in to order, I think it was the first time I ever gave my credit card info over the phone... LOL... I think I got the 'total' package... the deal a meal wallet, the recipe and diet planner and those CARDS ... I lasted about a week, digging that wallet-thingy out of my pocketbook or looking for it somewhere in the house... trying not to forget to move that fruit I just had from one side of the wallet to the other... It looked like 'fun' on TV, but as with most attempts to lose weight with the latest and greatest, I didn't use it for long... it went into the "what was I thinkin" heap, along with the AIDS chocolates, the Jane Fonda VHS and that Suzanne Somers thing .... OMG what was the name of that thing ???

~ Caroline~

~Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change~

~If it is important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse~

~Progress Not Perfection~

~To My Tuxedo Boys, Your Paws Have Left Prints On My Heart Forever~
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote