View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #19
JuanitaG

I just completed 6 weeks of PFFS - two rounds of the 3 week plan.

I am going to switch to another one just to see if I like it better. I'm actually going with a local 3-day a week home delivery M-F plan, so we'll see. It's more expensive, but not too much more, so we'll see if I do a better job eating the meals. I was extremely excited about the food when i first started, but then i got bored with the selection and found myself eating out more and more, and meals left over in my fridge.

For the most part, I like PFFS, but as others have noted there just isn't that much variety and I kind of got bored with it. The food itself is pretty tasty, and I like that nothing is ever frozen. I just got to a point where I was ordering the same stuff every week cause I didn't really care for the other stuff - more variety will definitely help. In the 6 weeks I did it, the menu NEVER changed, so i'd be interested to hear if they do start to add more stuff.

My faves ended up being:
Breakfast - the smoothies and southwestern skillet

Lunch - all the wraps, i usually don't like eating hot foods for lunch. grilled chicken chick pea salad, rubbed beef steak with quiona, tomato soup

dinner - the italian lasagne, basil chicken salad, chicken mung bean salad (i love spicy!), beef steak with mushrooms

The only one that i just couldn't eat was the one with the squash spaghetti - what on earth is that one all about?!? i found the portions to be pretty good, and the food remained fresh for about a week, after that, it did go down in quality - even though they say it will stay fresh for 2 weeks.

i guess it's just part of the whole food delivery service, but i really hated getting rid of all the packaging - huge box (i'm sure my fed ex guy will NOT miss carrying that!) and all that dry ice and foam - on the flip side, my food ALWAYS arrived fresh, ice still intact, etc etc. And they do a nice job of packaging, nothing ever crushed, everything labeled nicely, fruit is bubble wrapped. I figure much of the money goes to fedex delivery/packaging, so since i live in an area with lots of home delivery options i'd rather the money go in to the food, rather than shipping.

So, i would still totally recommend PFFS for their freshness and overall quality. I might even go back to them if current one doesn't live up to expectations (first delivery on monday) and/or if they improve the selection. Also, i haven't tried any other plans so i really have no basis for comparison.
JuanitaG is offline   Reply With Quote