Old 03-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #1  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

Default Just some questions

I've had some curiosity questions come about while trying to lose this weight and I wanted to ask you guys because your always so helpful. Please excuse the questions because they sound silly but I really want to know.

1. On calories....are we supposed to be burning all the calories that we take in throughout the day?

2. Have you noticed, um...well...that you are pooping more since you started dieting? I knew the pee would increase because of the water but I just wanted to know if it's just me

3. I know our bodies will leave skin hanging here and there with weight loss and I am ok with that. But...I have big boobs that are not perky so to speak *lol* but as the weight comes off do they get droopier and skinny or just smaller? I know they will never be perky again but it just occuried to me that my boobs could become worse than they look now!

Sorry for the 10 year old questions but I am such a curious person about the little things and don't know where else to ask.

*sticking head in sand now*
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 267.2/254/150

Height: 5'6

I could use some answers on these questions to
ThatsSpify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #3  
The Princess

S/C/G: 225/206/150

Height: 5' 7"

1. You should be burning more calories than you take in to create a calorie deficit so you lose weight. Exercise helps with this. On average, I think you need at least 1200 calories per day just to maintain your normal body functions. That's just for breathing and heart beating, etc. It doesn't include additional calories that are necessary to support things like high intensity aerobic workouts.

It's a simple math equation. If you eat 1500 calories per day and use say 1700 (moving around, exercising, etc.), that's a 200 calorie per day deficit. In a week's time, you'll be 1400 calories short--about 1/2 pound. You'll lose weight.

2. I find that I pee quite a bit more. I always know when the weight is coming off--I'm guessing that water is a by-product of fat burning. As far as the other goes, not so much. Less input = less output.

3. Saggy boobs are never gonna get better. When I was at 260 pounds, my boobs were saggy and full. Fifty pounds later, they are still droopy, but they feel empty, if that makes sense. I figure I'll just deal with it. I'd much rather have a smaller, droopy chest and be healthy. The alternative sucks.

Last edited by Dorys Girl; 03-28-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Dorys Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

1. To lose weight, you have to eat fewer calories than you burn throughout the day. To gain weight, you have to eat more calories than you burn throughout the day. To maintain, your calories in = your calories burned.

2. If you are eating foods with more fiber (such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains) then yes, you'll notice an increase.

3. Probably droopier, but I think it's pretty individual. I can only tell you my own experience.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

You've been given great answers to your questions.

As for #3. I figure I'll save up and get me at least a lift when it's all said and done. Mine have sagged and aimed south for so long, I wouldn't mind saving up to make them look perkier
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

My poor boobs look like 2 oranges in tube socks! Ah well, they look awesome in a great bra and a fitted sweater
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:19 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Glory!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

#1) Jay explained it so well that I have nothing else to add....imagine that!
#2) Oh yes. Everything runs like clockwork now....and its often!
#3) *sigh* 2 rounds of breast feeding, followed by menopause, age and fat....my girls will never look like new again. Thank God for spandex and underwires! And, if I win the lottery someday, I'm not against having a little bit of nip and tuck.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #9  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

as for number 2 (question that is.....cracking myself up ) you get used to it. my friend and i have joked about that since we changed our eating style. she said every good diet plan should come with a free plunger!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:17 PM   #10  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
My poor boobs look like 2 oranges in tube socks! Ah well, they look awesome in a great bra and a fitted sweater
Amen sister! Here's to great bras!
Healthy Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

hehe... the answers here are cracking me up!

1) yep you have gotten the answers
2) I'm purchasing stock in the Quilted Northern company!
3) When I'm at goal the first income tax that comes in after it is paying for lots of work! I'm sure my belly will need some major work and for the first time since before kids I will have a set of boobs that have nipples that I can at least see with out having to force them upside down! (am I the only one who forgets they have nipples on those things?)
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 267.2/254/150

tooo too funny. Thank god im not the only one with saggers. I have always been chunky and I have never had perky boobs Oh well I cant wait to get rich
ThatsSpify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #13  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

OMG....your answers are both helpful and funny!! It's nice to know that we can all laugh at the changes our bodies are/will be going through! That's why I like this place!! Too bad we don't all live in the same neighborhood so we could walk and laugh together!!
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

*cracking up*

Great questions and answers! And all I have to say is "thank heaven for underwires, to wire you in place!"
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:25 AM   #15  

Height: 5'10"

I'm glad I"m not the only one that poops more! lol Especially if I have a day heavy in salads or broccolli, whoa buddy! As silly as questions can sound, they need to be answered. Mysteries need to be solved! It's good to know we're all in this together.
jewelrymaker81 is offline   Reply With Quote