View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #43
dixied
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
May this has been asked at one point in the past (I joined 3FC two months ago and I did not start watching TBL until late February I think) - but do you think it is fair to have men competing against women in weight loss? Even though they do calculate the percentage of the total body weight lost, can a woman actually beat a guy in a weight loss contest?
I think's it's been debated before, but since you asked...nope, I don't think it's quite fair, but the women who sign up know what they're getting in for. I'd like to think that when they sign up they do it to actually get healthy, not for the money. In my mind, if I only made it one week, it would still be worth the experience. After all you get a great trainer and diet plan without shelling out the $1700/week that the spa costs. I looked up the price of the spa that the winner of last weeks challenge is going to go to, and it's about $1700 a week, if you share a room. So in my mind, if I take $1700 and multiply it by the weeks I remained on campus, that's how much I'd have "won", even if I wasn't the Biggest Loser. Does that make sense? I'm hopped up on painkillers right now because my back is out, so I'm probably just rambling. *hey look a bunny* lol