Old 03-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Default It's Getting Harder

Hello Everyone!

Please forgive me because I am about to rant!

Now that I am close to my first long term goal, I am getting nervous. When I was over 300 pounds, 30 pounds was a short term goal but now it is my ultimate goal! I usually make short term goals and really try to keep them but now I am a little discouraged. I am overwhelmed! I set a 15 pound goal for Mother's Day. I don't know if I can do it. I feel like I dont have the same "power" or "strength". I am not cheating (often). I am doing as I did before...eating 1400-1500 calories a day...working out 4-6 times a week. But I feel like I am just going through the motions. Sometimes, I feel like I keep sabotaging myself although I am still losing. ANyone, ever feel this way as they got closer to their goal? Thanks for any advice you can give. I really enjoy this site. It truly is a blessing to me!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:57 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

You can do it. It seems the further you go, the slower the weight loss is. It seems as though the 'decades' are lasting longer and longer to get through.

Have you popped over to the maintenance board? Those folks are very inspiring on how to live the life and never give up!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 303/252/150

Height: 5' 5"

I don't have any advice but just wanted to say that I am so very impressed with your progress. I hope that, even though you are currently struggling, you are proud of the work you have done so far. Good for you!
KidsLibrarylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

117 pounds lost ! That is fantastic!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:36 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Wow, you have come such a long way, so I wouldn't be surprised if you are just rather tired!!! I mean, we can't keep up a level of excitement forever. It's like an endurance test... So, take it easy on yourself. Your way of life is very different now. Just keep doing what you're doing, and don't worry that you don't feel all that "up" about it.

Do you want to make that Mother's Day goal? You can--just one day at a time, take it like that, one good day and then another. You'll be successful if you keep on plan this way, and even if on that day you aren't down the whole 15 pounds, you'll be less than you are now. So stay with it! You can hang in there a little more, I know you can!

Maybe find some new exercises to do--new workouts--new videos. Or try some different on-plan foods that you haven't been eating as much. Give yourself some variety.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #6  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Way to go on losing 117 lbs. I would try to mix up your foods and exercise a little more. Might help give you a little boost. Keep up the good work you are doing great!!!
Hopefulpinkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #7  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

you are an inspiration to me! i think what you've done so far is fantastic! i hope you make it to your goal by mother's day, but really in the grand scheme of things, if you don't you've still had an outstanding weightloss, don't forget that.

pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #8  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

Athena - look at your progress. You can do anything you set your mind to do. I think you have even MORE power and strength than when you started! you can do this.. you've done it 117 times already!
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Thanks!!

Fiberlover- Thanks for the idea. I think I will go over to the Maintenance Forum and give it a look. Perhaps, seeing people where I want to be will give me that motivation I need!

JayEll - Thanks! I did revise my workout. I did something with a little more intensity today. I currently do WATP. But I am going to finally start lifting weights and I want to get Turbo Jam!

Hopeful - Thanks for the suggestion. I do calorie counting. I think I will try to change my calorie sequence (high vs. low some days).

Thanks to you all for your support and kind words! I really appreciate it!!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

You have done such a great job so far! You can do this!
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

You can do it! You ARE doing it!!! Look how far you have come!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #12  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Maybe you just need a break? I know that Nelie on here has lost her weight in chunks and then maintained in between....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #13  

Hi, I'm a lurker but thought I would jump in and help out if I can. I am doing weight watchers for the hundredth time but this time I'm also seeing a therapist which I believe will be helpful. I've been seeing the therapist for about 6 months but just joined WW three weeks ago. Nonetheless, we were talking about self sabotage just yesterday and her suggestion is affirmations. She is a big believer in them. Twice per day, I write something encouraging: I, Rachel am successful at Weight Watchers. I also write, I, Rachel deserve to be healthy. I also have this pop up on my desktop (outlook) calendar. My therapist believes it's important to write your name and say I AM SUCCESSFUL, not I will be successful.

Good luck, I hope this helps a little.
hoodling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:34 PM   #14  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I agree with Jen415. When I've gotten to the point where I felt overwhelmed (and it has happened more than once), I've taken maintenance breaks. Purposefully took a few weeks where I wasn't trying to lose weight, I was just trying to stay where I was. I still tracked calories, still exercised, but I could eat more and felt no (self)pressure to try to lose. Of course, that won't get you to goal as fast, but it certainly made me feel better.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote