South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 06:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday On The Beach

I had to re-check the time, it's still black as midnight outside. Looks like it's shaping up to be a dark, wet day. At least it will green up the grass.

Just the same old routine today, and maybe we'll make it to the library. I didn't get to it yesterday. Instead, I got a sneak preview of Maggie's ballet recital. Their costumes are in, so her class was allowed to try them on for their routine. The big recital isn't until June, but the girls look fantastic already! I took a couple of pictures for Cindy and Richard so they wouldn't feel left out. I'm hoping to catch Audrey's class next week.
I can really appreciate what LC goes through, teaching dance. That's a lot of work!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cottage!
Same here...just more of the same. My big "outing" today will be to run out and get onions...is that exiting or what???

One cute thing...my son decided it was time for Rupert the blue duckling to get swimming lessons and it may help with his coordination. He was so cute, I just had to get a video to send to my Mom. And yes, I made Beau scrub out my tub after the lesson was over!

I was horrendously sore after trying out the Fluidity advanced workout day before yesterday...so I did the WATP dvd yesterday to try to loosen up...that along with a couple of exedrin "back and body" and I'm in business again!

Back to resizing pictures for a new site. snore.

Last edited by femmecreole; 03-27-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

good morning cottage and all who follow!!

cottage: the day here has started out same/same. doom and gloom cannot wait for spring!

a little nervous this morning because i have to renegotiate my teaching contract. my boss has been stringing me along for too long and i must assert myself! i usually have a more than healthy level of self-confidence but, for some reason, i become meek as a mouse when in his office and berate myself afterwards. i wish i could just march in there and throw down an ultimatum cool as a cucumber all the while.
we shall see!

hope you chicas have a super bueno day!!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:41 AM   #4  

mornin' femme!

we simulposted and rupert is sooo cute! put a smile on my face.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, that video was just what I needed this morning to put a smile on my face.

janda, good luck today!

I'm getting ready to go out to my car and see what it smells like. Maggie spilled a carton of milk all over the back seat last night, and it was too late to do much about it except to sop up what I could with my jacket. I'm putting my foot down for good this time - No more eating or drinking in the car!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:55 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh my! That duck is just too adorable and gave me the first of my morning. Thanks, Cat. I'll never eat Duck a l'Orange again!

Cottage, yick to milk in the car! Maybe baking soda and water to neutralize the smell? Funny but my kids never thought of eating in the car - guess I was a mean mommy.

Jandaman, by now I hope you've marched into that office and have that contract. Stick to your guns.

Well, I think I'm finally caught up on sleep - 10 PM to 7:30 AM with just one wake-up for knee and pee should do it! I suspect I may have missed the garbage pick-up. They stuff has to be at the road by 6:30 but they never come until eight. I bet they're early today!

My PT Dude comes this afternoon and will probably give me heck for slacking off on the exercises. It's his fault for going to FL for three weeks. I need nagging to do things I hate. There's still more work to be done but I'm hoping to get back to the gym soon which will help. This evening there's a Fair Board meeting to finalize the entertainment for the Fair.

Sunshine is on the menu today so more of this white crud should go. I'm ready!
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Linda, I hope the milk situation isn't too bad, although I imagine you'll be in for it this morning. Maybe one of those cleaners intended for pet stains would help?

Cat, that duck is BLUE! Why is it blue? How very cute, though.

Jan, good luck today with the negotiations! What do you teach?

Ruth, I'm glad you got a good sleep! Hope the trashmen were late for you!

I was up and off to an early start this morning. Got my five mile run in already and have stretched and gotten a bit of breakfast. Then Avery woke up and Connor woke up sick and Kadyn, of course, couldn't miss out on the "fun", so it's been quite a day! They usually all sleep until at least 7:30, if not 8:00, so having the whole household up before 7:00 has cut into my Me Time! I'm hoping this stomach thing of Connor's blows over quickly and doesn't infect anyone else. Maybe it's just a boogie-drainage issue and will clear up after he's been up for a bit. At least he's smart enough to get himself to the bathroom in time. Poor Avery got sick a couple months ago and just sat there spitting all over herself with this sad, sad look on her face like "What is going ON here?!"

Gotta get breakfast for the healthies and jump in the shower. Whew - I stink!

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-27-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 AM   #8  

Default i am woman..

..hear me roar!

thanx for the support ladies! have got my powersuit on and am ready to rumble *grin*

kara: i teach english as a second language and english lit, hope the babies recover soon

toodle pip!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:38 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hello... ladies.

i'm working beck... so i have to devote time to that, i'm at work and have to devote time to that. i loved my sushi yesterday but need to push fluids today... does hot herb tea count as water.

yesterday was a rough day for me.

3 weeks ago brian was in a bus accident. he was the driver there were no kids on the bus but the bus was totalled. thankfully brian was not.

for the morbid among us here's the link http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ybugnessa/bus/
Old 03-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #10  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Good morning

Cottage-my DH is always getting after me because the kids always somehow will bring crumbs and such in the truch and he thinks I allow them to eat and drink in the truck but I don't. They are kids, they are gonna drag stuff in. But DH always gets after me for it. They are not allowed to eat in the truch---period.

nessa-what happened? it looks pretty bad. good that he wasn't hurt. At least it was a bus and not a little car. He probably would've gotten really hurt if it was a small car.

jandaman-good luck. I don't even have the guts to go into an office to ask for something as small as a pack of paper. I guess that's why I love being a stay at home mommy and owning my own cake business.

Kara-good morning.

everyone else-goodmorning

me-getting better everyday. those zyrtec pills really do make you drowsy. I didn't think it would but it does. I normally am up and going by now but I just feel so sluggish. I am tired. Gotta get going. I hear my baby crying for his bottle. Taking the puppy to the vet today so will check in throughout the day.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Nessa, oh my word. That bus was a mess! Thank goodness there were no kids on it when the accident happened! Good luck with your Beck program.

Jan, we'll be thinking about you today. Go roar!

Tawnya, I've been meaning to ask you how you keep your gumpaste creations from being wrinkly. When I made the snowboarder for my brother's cake, there were parts that were a little folded over and I couldn't figure out how to get the wrinkles out.

Kara

Last edited by tomandkara; 03-27-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:58 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girls! I'm a bit tired today. Was up all night with a sick boyfriend. I think Tommy must've picked up the flu from sitting with me in the ER. It's a nasty one, and of course since I've been off work all week with my own issues, I have to go back today. I feel so bad for him though.

Not much time to post this morning. Just wanted to say HI before I get in the shower and start my day! Hope you girls have a great day!

Lisa
Old 03-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #13  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Kara-do you have a pic of it? I might be able to help you better. if not, how did you do your creation?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Janda - I know what you mean - I remember those days of feeling like I was imposing to ask for a raise. I found out the trick is to go in hungry. When I'm hungry, I'm snappy and cranky, and it's just the edge I need.. I just did it when negotiating for a car, and it worked wonderfully.

Cottage - one of my kids did that. I'm sorry to say that it STILL after 18 months reeks of spoiled milk. Get out a rug shampooer and suck it all up this morning if you can. Air out the car if you can, too.

Cat - I can't do videos here.. I hate dial-up. If I get a few more contracts, I'm going to be upgrading to something else, but I can't justify the expense right now.

Kara - I know a lot of kids who get sick with post nasal drip. Fortunately, not mine, but still - you poor thing. That would cure me of eating for the day...

Me - just going to be cleaning house and doing some computer learning again today. I've got laundry coming out my ears, so have to organize the laundry room, too. Those jelly beans kept calling me last night, and I gave in to their siren song.. This morning is starting out well, though. Turns out I can't have those TLC Kashi stone ground crackers. I can't eat oats (well, I can but the rest of the house is not happy if I do... sorry, TMI) and they must have enough in them to get to me.

Hope you're all doing well today.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the video Cat I needed it as this morning has been a rough one for me.

Sorry I won't be able to read everyones post and respond as I am feeling a bit down this morning. It started with dh takin my keys with him to work which put me behind cause I had to wait for him to bring them and then the thought of never seeing my dad seems to keep hitting my like a ton of bricks and I just start balling. Hopefully all will blow over & I can check back in with yall.
Closed Thread