Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2008, 12:14 AM   #1  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Question I think my tongue is broken...

OK... for the past 4 days I have bought French Fries...
I bought them for lunch at work twice, and I ate a couple of my boyfriends from Wendy's the other day, and I just bought some from McDonalds for dinner....

I didn't eat more than 1/4 of ANY of them.... What's wrong with me?!!?!?! French fries were the ONE thing that I think I could have scarfed down at every meal in "biggie size" quantities... And now I can barely eat 10 fries before I'm ~done~...

I know it should be good because fries are bad for you, but I really liked them!

Is this happening to anyone else with foods (particularly the yummy-nummy fast foods??)
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:22 AM   #2  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

I'm exactly the same.
I think that my stomach has shrunk or something because the portions I can manage are literally about half what I used to eat and then I'm done. I just can't eat any more. It's weird but it's awesome!

With things like fries though, I just have about 8 and then I just cannot have any more. I think it's because your tastes change when you're eating them a lot less?

Last edited by Jadeybaby; 03-26-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:12 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yup yup.

My parents brought me back cupcakes from NYC...special thing to me, I'm on a mission to find the best cupcakes in the nation, and they flew them back by hand for me, so I planned to eat my fill in delicious cakey goodness.

Before, I'm guessing 2-3 cupcakes easily would have gone into my mouth...and onto my waist. But this time? I had one (and that was a stretch)...and I was done. I wanted more but...no. Wasn't going to happen.

Luckily, I had family near me, so I could do taste-samples and actually try four flavors (we were cutting cupcakes in quarters for a taste comparison)...otherwise, I'd never have been able to try all the flavors.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:43 AM   #4  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

The foods I use to love, especially high fatty food have becomes ick worthy! Fries, potato crisps, burgers... all make me feel sick. Still a sweet-addict although I can't eat anywhere near as much nor do I crave it the same as I use to.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:05 AM   #5  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

Yeah... and Also--today I got my hands on a tin of Cheddar Pringles.... There's more than half of the tin left! That NEVER Happens....
I'm a little freaked out because this didn't happen when I was on Weight Watchers... But it's happening now (and I'm Calorie Counting). Is this a good sign that this time will be ~for good~? lol
weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:01 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

I guess I go through phases with this. Sometimes french fries still taste like the best things in the world (what do you mean, ketchup's not a vegetable?), and sometimes I can't fathom eating them ever again. I do know that when I feel like junk food I can't eat nearly as much of it as I used to, nor do I want to ever eat that much in one sitting again!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey weegreen,

Yes, tastes do change! The more you eat wholesome, decent foods, the less appealing you will find junk foods. That's the good news.

The not quite so good news is that you can easily go the other way if you work at it. Aren't there better choices you can have than fast-food french fries? Those are little calorie bombs! 250 calories for the small size.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:20 AM   #8  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Man, I swear... I'm like the ONLY person whose stomach does NOT shrink while dieting.... and I can still eat HUGE portions if I wanted to!!!

I've been at this three months now and hit the Thirty Pound mark today... and could STILL eat just as huge of meals as I was before. Which makes it THAT much harder! I wish I got "full" after 8 french fries! Man oh man!
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #9  

If you just need fries, try Alexis (organic freezer section) sweet potato or the rosemary and olive oil. Much lower calories and very very tasty.

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 03-26-2008 at 10:25 AM.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #10  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

BrandNewJen - I don't get full after HUGE heaping plates of veggies...I only get that "wow, I can't eat as much as I used to" feeling when I try to eat high calorie fare.

I don't think my stomach gets any smaller, really...I just think it says "eww, too much grease" way earlier than it might have otherwise.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm with mandalinn .. I don't get full from 8 fries. But after eating 8 fries I can definitely tell that I've consumed grease and salt and my body kinda says "ok, that's enough of *that*"

It's the same with ice-cream. My husband brought home Ben & Jerry's ice cream a few nights ago (choc. fudge brownie - mmmmm) and I had a small scoop and when I was done, I felt a little ill. It was yummy .. but waaaay too rich. And before I'd have eaten the whole container at a sitting and not felt bad. The container has sat in the fridge since Saturday and I haven't had any more - and haven't wanted to.

Your body adapts. When you eat lots of junk, your body processes lots of junk. When you stop eating junk, just a little bit makes your body say "whoa there".

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #12  
The Princess

S/C/G: 225/206/150

Height: 5' 7"

I've noticed the same thing with french fries. I used to love a good burger and fries. Now, I just prefer the burger.
Dorys Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #13  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Thanks guyz... now I want fries...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

Tastes really do change. 4 months or so ago, I loved french fries and would easily scarf down a large order of them with no second thoughts. Today, just the thought of them.. so salty, greasy, and bleh... makes me sick.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I had a similar experience a few days ago with white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I ate a piece, and it didn't taste all that good. I was so shocked that I had to have a couple more pieces, just to be sure it didn't taste "all that good". Well, by the time I was done testing/tasting, those cookies tasted very good, and I ate too many of them. The moral is, if it doesn't taste good, sit well, whatever, don't push it. Be grateful that your body is getting used to good food instead of junk and leave the sugar/grease alone!!!! Hollering at self, here.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote