View Poll Results: What kind of car should Wabbit get?
A minivan, because everyone else has one, she should suffer the same 0 0%
A hot snazzy sportscar cuz she\'s so darn cute 6 75.00%
The strange little PT Cruiser because she likes to look odd 0 0%
Another SUV to go with her tough ranch lifestyle 1 12.50%
A Rascal scooter, a girl\'s got to plan for her future 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 03:10 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Red face Catatonic Cows

I have nothing to say, I just wanted to start a new thread.

I think you should get a sportscar, Wabster.

Kiwi
Old 05-29-2002, 03:26 PM   #2  
fatter than U

Me too for the sportscar! A two seater with no room for groceries and other silly things.

I am udderly exhausted. Day two of the Three Day Headache, dh is gone overnight on a business trip and ds 6 has developed a fear of *everything*. Only 21 days until summer holidays.
Old 05-29-2002, 04:16 PM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default DON'T GET THE HITLER CAR!!!

SORRY BUT THE PT CRUISER LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING THE fURRREERERERE OR HOWEVER YOU SAY THAT WOULD BE DRIVIN'!!!!!!I have been sequestered watching my Beloved Maple Leafs lose to the Carolina Hurricanes---things are heating up here with graduation and prom---there is a coffeehouse tonight that the dd's are performing at and one of them just called to order up all the food and coffee!!!! it starts in a little over an hour!!! the ds is in the tv room wrecking the joint with a pal,and I have the plague {pms} etc---gotta go---love yas be back soon--happy day Sugar!!
Old 05-29-2002, 06:40 PM   #4  

Default what a card!

Kiwi, please not the Rascal just yet! I really don't have to worry about it for awhile. I can't afford a new car yet. The accountant's assistant was here today and we talked about EEEEK! income taxes. I pay this woman a bunch of money to come here and get my books in order and I end up talking her ear off because I'm so starved for another female type person to talk to. She likes to garden and she likes to read so we have lots in common. I'll probably be sorry I spent so much time talking when I get the bill.

Poor Sugar, with a headache and no DH. Poor Bagzie with PMS.

Bunco is at my house on Saturday. My house is a pig pen. I've got to get it into entertaining shape - ha! I also have to figure out what kind of sinful food to serve. I'm thinking triple layer chocolate raspberry cake w/ chocolate ganauche icing. Would that be sinful enough??
Old 05-31-2002, 11:55 AM   #5  

Default OK, I'll answer myself

I tried out the chocolate raspberry cake - I made one yesterday for my family. It was way too rich. So my plan B is to buy a dessert at Costco. I'm not 145 anymore. Guess what my weight of the month is now?

So where is everybody?
Old 05-31-2002, 06:13 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi Wabbit!

How can a dessert be too rich?

I'm making tiropetakias tomorrow for a party tomorrow night. I've never made them before. How much shall we bet on my buying something on the way to the party??

Gotta run. Too stinky to go out without shower. Must go shower. Bye.

Kiwi
Old 05-31-2002, 09:46 PM   #7  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default brown cow night

I had too much to drink last night at the bar I was singing at.There was a fundraiser for the local hospital and I had to sing backup for a guy----so tonight all I could have were two BROWN COWS----appropriate I thought.I am gardening my arse off,so that will be my excercise for the summer-----I will send kiwi a picture of me and ds shovelling mulch to prove I am working----good night brown cows.
Old 06-01-2002, 01:37 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Bagerino

Sounds like you had funnnnnnnn. I'm posting your pictures before I go make my little spinach pockets (think phyllo dough, spinach and cheese filling, triangle shape -- you've got the idea).

Tata,
Kiwi

First, Chez Greenhouse:
Old 06-01-2002, 01:41 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Bagz gets a workout

Shovel that ****, you gorgeous thing, you!!
Old 06-01-2002, 08:27 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default spanikopitas

Do you use feta cheese Kiwonk???I think we call them something else,but I LOVE them---are they fattening????must be if we like them----OKAY LISTEN TO THIS!!!! one of the girls I was singing with on Thursday night{a great gal with a great voice from Cape Breton---LOADS of fun!---fifty three years old-}----DID NOT GET OUT of BED the next morning---her husband found her at suppertime----no one knows how she died---they are doing an autopsy----either heart or stroke or anyerism{sp}---anyway we are all shocked and very sad!!! she was so much fun---I was to go to her house this Thursday for a party and then to the bar for Karoke----she was such a sweet girl----I just can't believe it
Old 06-01-2002, 10:46 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Good grief!

That is just awful, Bagz. I hope she had a really good time the night before. What a shock.

Yes, spanikopitas is what I call them too. The recipe called it tiropetakias, but what do they know? They have feta cheese mixed with cottage cheese, plus egg, spinach, seasoning. I forgot to put in lemon peel. So, they were really low calorie . Well, the cottage cheese was low fat. And the spinach was entirely fat free . Of course I slathered the pastry with butter. They went over like crazy at the party. DD ate about 4 of them herself...

Kiwi
Old 06-02-2002, 05:47 AM   #12  
fatter than U

Unhappy My hair is standing on end!

That's awful, Bagzie! So sorry about your friend. Love the greenhouse. And who's that enormous boy there with you? He's supposed to be a *baby*!

I looooooove spanikopita! Never made 'em myself, though. Everyone here hates spinach 'cept me. I've used yufka dough before (Turkish and a bit thicker than phyllo) and it was great just with cheese. yum!

*Still* fat with only three weeks to go 'til vacation. What a slob. I have no clothes, my house is a mess and I have to buys school supplies. Bleh.
Old 06-02-2002, 02:11 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Default So, um

why do you have to buy school supplies at the end of the year?

Only one week of school left here. I think of it as Marathon Week. Today is the high school graduation, and we are invited to a party, although we are not going to the graduation--I reserve that torture for relatives only. Tomorrow I am helping out some friends who are going on a 10 day canoe trip down the Allagash (Check this out!) -- I am riding with them for about 3 hours and bringing their truck back. Tuesday is a long evening rehearsal for DD's dance recital, Wednesday is her class's special day -- they are bringing in a climbing wall and doing other fun stuff. Then she has her dance recital dress rehearsal that afternoon, which is a marathon of sitting around waiting. Thursday is I Don't Know, Recover From Yesterday Day, then Friday is her last day of school and 8th grade awards ceremony, then dance recital. Saturday is 2 more dance recitals, one of which I am working at (I am obviously a sucker for punishment). Sunday we croak.

Kiwi
Old 06-03-2002, 03:55 AM   #14  
fatter than U

Default Why I have to buy school supplies at the end of the year

Well.......... we'll be away from the first day of school vacation until 5 days before school starts (Aug 1). The kids have to have *all* their supplies on the *first day*. All. If you try to buy them a couple of days before, they're *all gone*. We get a list now. Go figure. Wierd country. We also have to order and pay mega bucks for text books and workbooks. Annnnnddddd..........I have to make a large paper cone thingy with dinosaurs on it for ds 6 because all the first graders get one filled with candy, presents etc. to make their first day "sweeter".

Gee Kiwi, you're going to need to get someone to post for you this week. Good thing is, with all that action you won't have time to eat and you'll probably lose 10 lbs! Or not.

I am about to scrub my %§*&% kitchen floor. Someone dribbled apple juice all over it. Probably my. I dunno.
Old 06-03-2002, 12:08 PM   #15  

Default Monday am

Geez, Bagzie, that's so terrible about your friend. What a shock to her friends and family.

I'm trying to recover from the weekend. The getting ready for bunco house cleaning marathon was grueling. Then of course there was the cooking food for bunco marathon, then the eating and drinking mega amounts of food and liquor marathon. This is my recipe for a yummy drink that you all must try - called June Bugs. Equal parts of Banana liqueur, Melon liqueur (Midori) and Peach Schnappes. Mix with a splash of cranberry juice and pineapple juice. These are sooooo yummy! And they go down so smooth! You'll hardly know what hit you

Sugar, it seems so long ago that I had to do the school supply shopping thing. I love the smell of a new box of crayons.

Kiwi, how will you get through the week? You don't have a second to spare.

Bagzie, your greenhouse looks like you're churning out the plants. And so tidy. Please don't tell me that almost grown boy is the little sweetheart that rode in his stroller to Timmy's.
Closed Thread