South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 06:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday's Twitterings

Good morning!

Sipping my coffee and getting ready to go to Curves. I haven't been there for the past 2 weeks, so it's time to get my behind back into that routine. It's just too easy to loaf around the house all morning. I just keep thinking about the warmer weather ahead, and the fact that I want to be able to fit into my spring wardrobe!

Who wants coffee?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks Cottage

I was at Label Shopper yesterday oohing over all the spring clothes. I need an entirely new wardrobe and am looking forward to shopping but dreading the expense. I'm not buying anything until the weather improves though. At this rate I might lose another size by then!

Have fun at Curves!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

good morning chicas!

weeelll.. it is already 11:30 over here but i still feel sufficiently morningish
have just finished my yummy P1 breakfast..overdid it a wee bit over easter but a few days of p1 should set me straight. the weather here is absolutely insane..snowstorms, sunshine, hail etc.
i def feel the need for a second cup of coffee this morning..my kitten has decided that 3:30am is a great time for playing and bouncing around on my head *sigh* but she is sooo cute that i just can't get too angry (yet)
am also feeling pretty lazy and loafish on my vacation but i need to get out and run errands *yuck*

cottage: what exactly is curves?

double skim milk caramel lattes and a great day for everybody
Old 03-25-2008, 07:19 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just plain old instant here. For some reason I really don't mind the stuff if I make it strong enough and it sure is fast. We have another day of cold sunshine but I notice that the snow mountains are shrinking a bit. Pretty soon I'll be crabbing about muddy paw season.

Hershey goes to her new fur-stylist this morning. It's her second time going to Susie who does a super job. My girl looks her gorgeous show dog self when she is done! Now I need to get the winter weight off her. It;ll be better when we can go for walks.

Food exhibited a little slippage this weekend (no chocolate) so it'll be back on track today. I need to think about spring clothes. I tried on my favourite flowered jacket Saturday night and discovered it was too big to wear. I can't believe it as I've lost only 16 pounds. Looks like a major alteration job is in my future!

Time for a fruit, milk and Fibre One shake. See y'all later.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for starting the coffee, Linda. I do love the smell, although I refrain from imbibing. I'd be too crazy on caffeine!

Cyndi, you'll have such fun getting a new wardrobe! Too bad you can't get one of those makeover TV shows to foot the bill...

Morning, Jan! Curves is a gym here in the States that gears its workouts to women. There's a circuit set up with resistance machines and some cardio stations, and the whole thing takes thirty minutes to get through. The idea is that women who would normally be intimidated by going to a gym with a whole bunch of folks who are hefting trucks over their heads and whatnot can feel more comfortable among other women who are at similar fitness levels. Hey, I've got a question to you! I've been hearing about these Volksmarches (I probably butchered that spelling...) and how wonderful they are. What's your take on them?

Enjoy your shake, Ruth! And congrats on the jacket! Do you take your things in to be altered or do you do it yourself?

I'm back from my run and have fed one-third of the munchkins. Avery seems to have a gloppy nose since yesterday and I hear Connor coughing in his room, so I'm hoping another cold isn't going to bring them down. They've been a wee bit sick ever since we got back Stateside and it would be nice for them to not have any more of the runny noses! I've been able to avoid it so *knock on wood* I'm hoping to sidestep this one, too.

Have a pleasant day, all! We're just up to the same-old-same-old.

Kara
Old 03-25-2008, 08:11 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning all... first day at work since THURSDAY ugh... so much to do.

scale is a solid 227 but i also had a solid P2 day yesterday YAY ME!

Coffee sounds great... but i'm at work where i do tea.... i do coffee on the way in.

Kara I will be in Central Jersey on April 5th.... where are you in relation to that

Cottage enjoy curves. I miss the gym so much now...
Old 03-25-2008, 08:12 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Chickies!!!

Cottage, have fun at Curves!

Cyndi, I have a boat load of new spring/summer clothes (saved $ by shopping sales/internet/target!) and of course it is in the low 30's!! Guess I'll have to wear the "big stuff" till it warms up.

Janda, enjoy your vacation!

Ruth, I think it's almost as fun to take the doggies to the beauty parlor as to go myself. I need to bring one of our in to get "even" in a few weeks since my son decided to shave part of him (where his allergy was really showing up) He seems much better since I started cooking his food myself...he just looks like a deranged lion with his "hair cut"

Kara, hope Connor is feeling better soon and that no one else gets sick. It's so hard when our babies get sick (no matter how old they are)

Me: nothing exiting. I have a ton of work to do. Working on 2 new sites plus regular work on 2 sites I have to work on daily. I need to go get some food in this house too...cupboard is bare.
Some friends dropped by yesterday afternoon to bring us some sago palm babies (and we gave them some ginger babies) and I made my "greek yogurt ice cream" for them and they loved it. They were suprised it was a "diet" recipe. We had a nice visit with them on the patio.

Last edited by femmecreole; 03-25-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:12 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Nessa...we were posting at the same time! Hope your work day goes quickly.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Hi Cat... have a great day... and know that one day i'm bringing my DH to New Orleans... i was there last summer for one night and fell in love with the city!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:35 AM   #10  

I'm back from Curves and feeling all positive and good about myself now. Thanks, Kara, for explaining what Curves is all about! The nice thing about Curves is that you can increase the intensity of your workout, or just do the normal circuit routine, according to how you feel. We're lucky that ours is one of the larger franchises that has all the latest machines and whatnot. And, yes, you did spell "volksmarching" correctly. We really enjoyed it while we were living in Germany. It's a great way to meet the locals and enjoy the countryside while getting some exercise at the same time!

Cyndi, do you have a thrift shop or even a Goodwill store nearby? I've gotten a lot of clothing there, and most of it is in very good, almost new, condition. I think it's a great way to have things that fit you without spending good money on an item that you know you will be too big for you in a few weeks!

Ruth, that's wonderful that you had the added benefit of losing a lot of weight along with getting a new knee! It's a shame you have to suffer through all the pain, though. You really, really deserve a major shop for a new wardrobe after all that! I hope you will take some snapshots of Hershey for us, all ready to greet spring!

Nessa, I hope your day back at work is a good one! How's Bri feeling?

Cat, don't work too hard today!

I have a pot of butternut squash soup simmering, and a big baking pan full of butternut squash, brussel sprouts, onions and pecans roasting in the oven that I'm going to mix with some sauteed spinach and dried cranberries. I'll be eating good for a few days!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-25-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:38 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning chickies!

Another day closer to feeling my normal self. I am hoping to get back to exercising this evening and doing a lil treadmil while I watch the Biggest Loser other than that same ole same ole.

Kara glad your trying to get back to a routine again. I sure hope the kiddos don't get this sickness thats goin around

Cottage hope you made it to curves.

Hopefully today at work won't be so hectic as I have alot of catching up to do around here.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:42 AM   #12  

janda, how did I miss you?!!! Good morning or early afternoon, whatever it is in your part of the world. Yum, caramel lattes!!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:43 AM   #13  

Good morning to you, too, GONNA! I'm glad you're feeling better!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Good morning, Cottage - I've gotta drink decaf, so I'll get mine brewing in just a minute. Flavored, too - I think today is Hazelnut Cream.

I have only lost enough so far to fit comfortably into the clothes I was growing out of. I must lose more to go down a size.

Janda - I get to stay home today (yay!) but only because my house really needs cleaning up again (boo!).

Ruth - I forgot about muddy paw season. Kids let the dog in and out at will, so I'll be cleaning up paw prints all the time. Great job on the coat being too big!

Nessa - great job on sticking with plan the whole day yesterday!!! Hope you can get to the gym soon since you love it so much.

ME: Just cleaning today. I'm leaning toward a P2-ish P1. Does that make sense?

I am mostly doing P1, but I bought some stone ground TLC/Kashi crackers (1 gm fiber EACH and only 30 calories!) to eat with my avocado. I also have some all-bran bran buds to mix in with my waffles. I bought some Flax & Fiber bread (4gm fiber per slice and only 80n cals). I'll have ONE of those things each day, not all of them. I didn't have it in me mentally to go strict on P1 again and was afraid I'd give up completely. We'll see how this goes as far as cravings.

Also - found a new hummus at Wal-Mart yesterday and found 2 new flavors: Roasted Pine Nut and Artichoke/Spinach. I LOVE artichokes!!

If it warms up today I might get a walk with the kids when they get home. I think it's only maxing out at 40.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

kara :thanx for the explainer! just another example of expat out of the loop
as to volksmaersche/volksmarching i actually had to google it because i had never heard of it but it sounds great, cottage aptly described it..competitive hiking thru germany's gorgeous countryside. i do know one thing for sure..germany is fantastic for hiking! so i hope you will enjoy your stay here

wishing my city had a curves *pout*

ta!
Closed Thread