Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-25-2008, 02:37 AM   #1  

Default You last visited: 1-9-2002: 6 years and I'm still fat?

I think it's time to really do something about my weight. I can't believe I have let it go this long, and let it get this far. Sigh. In the time I have last visited this site I have gained and lost 50 pounds, gotten married, and had a baby girl. She's now one, and it's time for me to get in shape for her.

I went to the gym today, and that is my first goal. Go to the gym every day. My second goal is to stay in touch with a community like this one, where I can find inspiration to continue my journey.

I'm glad it's still here.
Keurigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

You were gone for a while, but the important thing is that you're back. And now that you're back, you can and you will do it this time. You came back here for a reason, after all. This time, stick with us, though.

It's nice to see that you're taking it in steps/goals instead of the typical "I want to lose x number of lbs by x date and I'll hate myself if I don't!". You've got the right idea, you already know that you are very well capable of losing weight(Congratulations on losing the 50 lbs!), and therefore I'm sure I'll see you post a "Goal!" thread on here some day. In the mean time, I wish you the best of luck on your journey to getting there.

Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:20 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Back!

You can do this! Heading to the gym when you can is a great start Staying in touch with 3FC is as easy as browsing around a few minutes a day and knowing that we're all trying to be healthier. Same as you! Have a good look around. Post where you're comfortable.

Best of success!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Do you have a food plan to go along with your exercise?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #5  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

I hope you find what works for you, and what you like to do on a daily basis to facilitate your weight-loss. I check in with 3FC every day to help me stay on track, and there are a lot of women here that want to see you succeed. Good luck!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/213/150

Height: 5'6

Glad you're back and setting goals! Just thought i'd throw in my two cents-- do you think that the gym every day is a reasonable goal? I feel like 4-5 times a week in the beginning might be much easier to acctually attain; your body will need some time to recover, especially if you haven't been working out at all. I've been working out for years, and i still need a day or two off per week especially after a hard or new workout when i'm especially sore.
But i'm glad you're starting again, and i hope you find the support you need here! Sorry if this was at all negative, i didnt' mean it that way, i just don't want you to set an unattainable goal and be disappointed with yourself, and without knowing your previous workout habits it's hard to know if this is one or not.
nutrition junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #7  

Thanks girls, for the welcome!

I will be 30 years old in October, so it would be nice to get some weight off and feel better about myself as I begin my next decade.

I don't have a food plan right now. Food is my "issue" and those issues go deep. I have found that the best success for me comes in establishing a good workout routine first, and then as I feel like I am succeeding, it gets easier to watch what I eat. But for now, I am focusing on getting to the gym.

I'm shooting for 5 days a week, but even if I just GO the other two days and do something like a lazy swim I'll be ingraining that routine in my head.
Keurigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:27 PM   #8  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Hey, welcome back! I've bounced in and out of here over the past few years myself, gaining and losing, rinse, lather, repeat. I was 30 when I 'discovered' exercise and I agree that establishing a rountine for this is extremely important. Once it becomes part of your day and part of who you are, the food part can be a bit less intimidating. Good luck, stick around and know that - - - yes, you can do it.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Welcome back! I am new here, and can say that this site is a huge part of why I am celebrating day #7 on my new way of life. It is so easy to get discouraged and give up.

Just think of how good it is going to feel when your little girl becomes a great conversationalist, and you can tell her about your journey and show her old photos of the heavier you! She is going to be so proud of you when she hears of your journey.

All I have to share with my 8 year old is photos of me, skinny and him not thinking that could be me! That makes me so sad, but I think about him as a teen and how he will be proud of having been witness to me becoming a better person.

You can and will do this! At first I thought "gee that 7 days per week gym thing may be biting off too much for a person" but your second post explained your plan better. I think it is great that you are committing to getting to the gym, even if you are giving yourself an easy day a couple times a week. Once it becomes routine, and the pounds begin to shed, you are going to be so disciplined!!

Keep movin' girl!! You are going to do great!
motomom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:42 PM   #10  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Hi, Just wanted to join in and tell you that I'm also a 'newbie' 2 weeks or so.. I'm kinda addicted to coming in here every day, but its a good addiction LOL.
I've been taking it slow and steady and planning, planning, planning... Good Luck to you........
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Sweetcaroline, welcome back 2!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #12  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

everyone falls off the wagon at some stage. I know I have, several times. I have recently come back after about a year away. And this time Im here to stay too. The people are friendly and full of good advice, and the sence of community is brilliant. Keep up the good work!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote