Old 03-23-2008, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Smile accountability / menus / planning - week of March 23 - 29

Looking for some accountability? A place to post your menu? Support? A little of everything? This is the place for you! Come on over!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:10 AM   #2  

Hi chickies - yesterday was an on plan day - I am grateful. DH is still sick and it will be a quiet day. I was going to do taxes yesterday, but, decided to hang out with my DH. We watched movies and basketball. It felt good just to hang.

My mom might come over for dinner - but, I think she may want to avoid DH's germs.

today -
taxes
meditation
water, water, water
journal food
stretches
PMA (positive mental attitude)

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, npnb toast, apple
lunch - cottage cheese and banana, crackers, brocolli
snack - yogurt, flax
dinner - turkey, dressing, asparagus, salad with lite dressing
snack - cereal, skim milk

Patchy - YAY for staying with your plan...that's great!

bgtxmamma- sounds like you had a great day - glad to hear it.

darkblue - remember that everyday is a new beginning...whether you've eaten to much or stayed with your plan - we all get a fresh start. You can do this...we are with you.

schmoodle - GREAT job on cooking ahead. It's nice to have it right there. Glad you got rid of the temptations...will power only last for so long.

mj5 - hope your headache is all gone. I am so so glad to hear that your knee is feeling better today!

Have a GREAT day, friends. Be kind to yourself in every way.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-23-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:10 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

patchymama--Good for you! I know, right?! But, I always feel good afterwards!

txmomma--Thanks for checking in! Sounds like you had a fun, busy day yesterday! Did you get to adopt a dog? Or just check out all of the cuties? I can't watch some of the commercials on tv--one in particular, I think it is Sarah McLaughlin about adopting pets...it makes me cry every time! I'm such a sap! Sounds like you had a fantastic day w/ exercise and food! Gread job!

Darkblue--Yea, I have been there many times....It's an easy 'trap' to fall into. Today is a new day! I have been there more times that I would like to admit! You can do this!!! They are dvds, but you do not do on the treadmill. The work great for me--I have a small living room and you don't need a lot of space to do them.

Schmoodle--I'm not exactly sure what the 'technical' difference is....I just know the Walk Slim is more intense...I am sweating SO much at the end of a Walk Slim and I can only do about 2 miles of a Walk Slim and can do more WATP--even if I use weights. Not sure if that makes any sense...That's awesome that your library has some you can check out before you buy. That's awesome that you were in the cooking mood!

beverlyjoy--Glad you were able to spend a nice relaxing day w/ dh! Yes, headache is gone and knee still feels pretty good! How have you been feeling lately? I didn't do our taxes either! I need to get on it, but not today. Hopefully by the end of the week.

Yesterday by the time I went to workout I was still a little headachy-so I did the Walk Slim - Fast Firming dvd. I did everything, except the lunges. My knee is finally feeling a bit better and I didn't want to chance it! I'll have to come up w/ something to replace them, lunges just aren't a good idea for me. Let me tell you...I can totally feel it in my arms and shoulders today! In a good way, though, not like I over did it! Today I will do a Walk Slim 2 miles. Normally I don't workout on Sundays (my day 'off'), but I know there will be lots of temptations at dinner today, sO I want to make sure I give myself an extra boost. Plus, I know when I workout I am less likely to go off plan...who wants to waste a workout on icky food choices? Of course, that is easy to say sitting at home w/ few temptations!

Hope everyone has a great on plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:45 AM   #4  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

hello acountibilla-buddies
i been MIA these past two days, and not very on plan. but its wasnt too bad. i didnt keep track of my cals one day, and the day i went over i didnt eat enough to gain any weight. so, now im back.

no matter howmany times i go off plan, i will come back !

the whole "keeping track of how many days in a row im on plan" has really opened my eyes. staying on track for me is HARD! if its this hard to stay on track when im counting, no wonder the scale didnt move when i wasnt keeping track!

oh well, monday is a whole new day. ill count everything i eat, and its the new day one! yay. i hope you all have a good day beverlyjoy and mj5, good for you checking in on easter! hope your dh is feeling better soon. and mj you are such a work out inspiration. i know pleanty of people that would just give up on work outs because of bad knees ect. you always find ways to work with what you got. it gives me hope for myself
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:02 AM   #5  

Hi Chicks - I stayed on plan yesterday - with some extra nibbles of the corn bread stuffing (so yummy). It put me in the upper range of my calories - but, really it was a successful day. I am grateful.

Today-

PT
water
journal food
meditate
stretches
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle with npnb, applesauce
lunch - wrap with lite cheese and turkey, asparagus
snack - apple, yogurt, flax
dinner - 12 grain pancake, soy bacon, sf syrup
snack - cereal, fruit, skim milk

Mathpuppy - good spriit! Yes, do - always come back. Life happens - we pick up and carry on. Keeping track of on plan days is an eye opener. Glad you checked in!! Have a GREAT day.

Mj5 - I am glad you could get some exercise in - glad that you took good care of your knee too. Good idea to workout on your "day off" - it helps when tempted with lots of goodies.

To all my buddies here - have a GREAT day.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:55 AM   #6  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! Hope you are are doing well! I have to take the dogs to the 'spa' soon...LOL! They are getting a bath, nails clipped, and their anal glands 'expressed'--something we could learn how to do, but I refuse! It is $ well spent in my book! The lady at the kennel we use also does grooming and she gives us a discount, since we kennel there sometimes. Plus, while they are there I will clean their crates, wash the blankets we snuggle w/ at night so everything will be nice and clean! I can't wait! My 'girls' will be white again (well, at least their parts that are supposed to be white) and they will glisten like crazy!!

math puppy--I am so glad you came back! I totally hear you...my whole "sticker plan" makes me look at things differently too! Good for you for getting right back on track! Ahhh, thanks! For a long time I did use my knee as an excuse....even when I knew (how could I not...I had my pt, and my drs telling me!) how much I needed to exercise to keep the muscles strong and that it would be helpful to lose weight. Of course I knew better....I know I can't use it as an excuse anymore--I may need to modfy what I do some days, but I CANNOT give it up! I am so glad that I give you hope! Hearing that, helps me push myself too! I have to say, I love this place for support!!!

Beverlyjoy--Great job! I did well yesterday--I think the extra workout helped! Plus I wore a new pair of pants that were a little snug when I bought them, but are now loose in the legs--that was a great reminder not to eat too much! How are the kashi waffles? I really like some of the cereals and have wanted to try the waffels, but they are a little expensive. If they are worth the extra $, I will get some, though.

So, as I said to Beverlyjoy, I did well yesterday. TOM is here today and I feel really icky. I will NOT use that as an excuse! After we drop off the dogs and I get the cleaning done (not much really--probably 20 mins worth), I will do a watp dvd, then relax for a while. Both dh and I are off today, so we are going to just hang out at home--I think.

I need to eat some breakfast....I'm sure I'll be back later!
Old 03-24-2008, 07:56 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends.

I'm going to be honest here and tell you all that I did not do well this weekend. This is the first Easter that we've not spent with my brother and his family or with my Dad...it was just my little family. I was feeling very down yesterday, but trying not to let my Hubby or the girls know. I used the food for comfort and to celebrate. I did enjoy the day....we had a great dinner, blew bubbles outside and watched Enchanted. However, I'm paying for my overindulgence this morning....my stomach is not very happy. And, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed this morning. Sometimes, I get frustrated with myself as my comitment is so often not what it should be. But, here I go again. The only thing I can really comfort myself with is the fact that I've managed to maintain my loss, even though I haven't managed to move much further down the road...yet.

Today's plan - Count the calories, stay away from the leftover ham and do at least 30 minutes on the treadmill. Its looking like another extremely busy work week. But, since I moved into this new position, all of the weeks are turning out to be extremely busy and stressful. I can't keep using this as an excuse to not exercise.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:58 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hey, MJ. We posted at the same time. I'm with you on the whole "excuses" thing. I also need to quit making excuses. I know what I need to do to get where I want to be....and, I am the only one that can make myself do this.

Enjoy your day off.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #9  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hey guys. =D

I had a good Easter. Today will be less crazy.

Technically I lost 11 pounds this week, which is freaking me out even though I know I didn't actually lose 11 pounds. When I officially weighed in last Monday at 294, I had a ton of water weight because of TOM and had been weighing 290 a couple days before that. I weighed in yesterday and it was 285, and then I weighed this morning and it's 283.

I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING UNHEALTHY, I SWEAR! I've been drinking wayyyyy more water, mostly because I've stepped up my exercise. And we've gone swimming for the past couple days. I think the scale is just normalizing from TOM, etc.

Be back in a bit for personals. I need to work on breakfast!
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks! I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday, whether you were celebrating the holiday or not. We had a fun time at my mother's visiting with family. Overshadowed with some sadness that my Great Aunt passed away on Friday.
I was not well-behaved, as the desserts were too awesome to pass up, and I knew I'd be on Ph1 today, so I used that as an excuse. I did notice a difference from past family dinners though. My mom and dad are both trying to lose some weight, and my skinny SIL is always watching her weight (which is why she's skinny, I guess), so we had meat, bread, mashed potatoes AND (get this) butternut squash, steamed cauliflower, steamed asparagus, roasted carrots and turnips, boiled rutabagas, and salad. I've never seen such a veggie spread at one of our dinners before. And a gorgeous fruit salad as an alternative to the desserts. So, maybe we're making some progress.
Anyway, I'm commited to finishing out the month with a bang, on a strong Ph1.
Today's menu:
B: Asparagus and cheese omelet, coffee with milk
S: Tomato juice, leftover veggies
L: Beef-veg stew
S: latte, Greek yogurt with almonds
D: Fireside white bean and sausage soup, roasted asparagus
S: Sugar-free jello cup
Drink all my water and get in my exercise, and I'm on my way!

Beverly, hope DH is well soon, and you stay healthy!
Rhonda, you can see you're not the only one! We're back, that's what matters...
mj, good for you for sticking to plan yesterday! Give yourself a pat on the back from me. I get the Kashi waffles, although they are not quite on-plan for me, but they are very close. They are a little expensive, but I only have one once or twice a week, with a little natural peanut butter spread on, and it's one of my big treats I look forward to, so I make that box last a month at least, and I feel like it's worth it. Better to treat myself that way, than with something unhealthy! Eggo also has a nutri-grain waffle that is pretty good.
mathpuppy, I am going to borrow the days-on-track idea from you and Rhonda. My goal is 14 completely on-plan days for Phase I. I may even break out the stickers!

Let's get back on plan and back to work and make this a great week, chicks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi bigtx - sounds like the perfect storm - TOM, water weight, upping your exercise, etc. As long as you are doing it the healthy way, enjoy your big week! I know how excited I would be to have 11 pounds gone alll at once! If you were on TBL, you would definitely be TBL of the week.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #12  
mj5

Rhonda--New day, new plan! I know you can do this. It isn't easy, in fact some days are SO hard, but I know we can do it! Yes, I am the queen of excuses...I need to get back to looking at my time at the gym as 'my time to myself'--that always helped to get me there too. You deserve the time to yourself to exercise!

txmomma--WOW! That's great! Keep doing it the healthy way!

Schmoodle--I am so sorry to hear about your Great Aunt. Sounds like there was a lot of progress at your dinner! Good luck w/ Ph1! I say, break out the stickers! I like having a visual! Thanks for the waffle info!

Oh, I didn't weigh in today..w/ TOM I know the scale is up.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #13  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Okkkkkkkkk personalssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Beverly, I hope DH feels better. =( I've never head corn bread stuffing. Sounds yummyyyyyyy.

mj, ANAL GLANDS EXPRESSED??! o.O I think I'm gonna rethink this whole dog thing. lol Just kidding. =D We didn't adopt one, but I keep thinking about this one that we met. =/ I think we'll start seriosuly looking when we get back from my brother's wedding, which is at the end of April. Gah I'm such a sap, too. Esp with rescue dogs. Sigh. They make my heart hurt. I'm glad your knee is feeling better. I can see why you refuse to express anal glands.

Rhonda, I'm sorry you had a tough weekend. =( It is depressing not to be with extended family and doing the usual ritual around holidays.

Math, yay for coming back! I know what you mean, though. It's so much better to move on and stick with it than to torture yourself for a mistake and give up. =D I'm so proud of you!

Schmoodle, I'm sorry about your great aunt. =( That was an impressive veggie spread. =D I'm looking foward to your phase 1! And thank you for the kind words. =D

I'm going to check out the Kashi waffles. Or maybe come up with an equivalent recipe. I love Kashi.

Rakel, wherever you are, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING!! I hope you check in soon so we can hear how it went. =D

Ok I'm going to look at the old thread now.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #14  
mj5

txmomma--Didn't mean to scare you w/ the dog anal expression talk! Not even really sure why I felt the need to share that?!!! I didn't even know that was something that needed to be done (and I had dogs all my life!), until Casey our 5 y/o ended up w/ an 'infected-impacted anal gland. I will spare you the disgusting details. Bottem line, the poor little thing was in so much pain and it was really expensive (a couple of vet trips and antibiotics) to clear up. Since it happened once, she is prone to it happening again....I refuse to express them myself, so off to the groomer we go! It only has to be done a couple times a year, so it really isn't bad. The 'girls' are all pretty for Spring! Yea for considering a rescue dog! I know, they pull at my heart too! I would get another dog if I thought we could do it, but two is really enough for us.

TOM is kicking my butt today....I feel really sick and worn out, that doesn't normally happen, thank goodness, so I have been happy to just kind of relax today.

Back to work tomorrow, but at least it will be a nice short week!

Tonight, even though it is really cold, we are busting out the grill....we are having some steaks, a nice salad and I'm not sure what else. Just waiting for dh to get off the phone to get it all going.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Breakfast--
pomegranate juice, hot tea, milk
waffles, 2, Kashi, frz
real maple syrup--1/8 C--it's so sweet I can't eat much of it
bacon--35/cal slice
butter, tsp
strawberries, 1 C

Lunch--
Yogurt, YoPlus
9 All-Bran Crackers
tuna mini-cup with mayo, lowfat, 1 tbs, green olives, 1 tbs, minced onion
almonds--7 (for the salty crunch)

Dinner--
ham steak--4 oz
veg mix--steamed broccoli, carrots, cauliflower
canned corn, 1/3C

green tea with honey

~1400 k/cal, 17g fiber

GirlyGirl--I'm with you in sympathy...bad weekend here too. But we can get back on track with Monday!

mj5--what did you all make on the grill? Good job with the exercise despite the knee. It's a lesson and a motivation I need to learn!

Schmoodle--that sounds like a great Easter spread to me! I'm sorry to hear about your Great Aunt.

txmomma--wow, 11 pounds! Whatever the reason, that rocks!

Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote