Old 03-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Shaking things up a bit

I dunno what my issue is. Maybe it's as simple as just eating too much. But whatever it is, I have to do something to get out of this rut!! Last time, I started just stringing good days together with green x's and I dropped ten pounds. Now I have been stuck at 237 for awhile. And as you can see from my ticker, it's because I have been going over my calories. Usually not by much... 1600 or 1700, but apparently enough to mess me up.

So my new plan is this:

Keep counting calories and staying under 1500, with the green x method.

Cut out the waffles and latte every morning. It is under 300 calories but I don't think it is helping any. So starting next week, instead of carbs for breakfast I will go back to making fat free yogurt/fruit smoothies for breakfast. That's what I had in August and September, and I lost weight well.

Up the exercise. I think my knees can handle the bike 5-6x a week, 20 minutes a day. I also think I can start strength training this week and that will help.

I also have been leaning on snacks like 100-cal granola bars or low fat crackers. Again, I think cutting the carbs and starting to eat more fruit will help.

That's my plan... thanks for letting me think out looud here and make a strategy to get another ten pounds off.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:04 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Good plan! You can do this!!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Good plan, keep us updated!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like a good idea! When I cut out my lattes I feel better without the caffeine hype anyway!
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Sounds like a good plan to me! I know when things stall for me, it's time to shake up my exercise--either more intense or just different. I think you will see a difference w/ adding strenght training!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

This sounds like a good plan - we are here cheering you on!

Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #7  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

It sounds like you've put some serious thought into it and have come up with some tweaks that should work for you. I think you'll be successful. I always look for your green x's in your posts. Looking forward to a green x for you this week.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

sounds like a good plan to me!
YOU CAN DO THIS!
michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Cutting out the waffles and lattes sounds like a good idea... Try adding some protein foods. I think you're right that things may be too carb-heavy.

Good Luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hope this does the trick for you! You mentioned more fruit, but I would also suggest replacing the carbs with veggies, veggies, veggies! This always really seems to help me.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Good luck! Let us know how this works for you!

What do you make your fruit smoothies with?

The lattes are tasty, but don't do much to fill you up. How about whole-wheat waffles and some fruit or protein? Peanut butter, 40-cal/slice bacon?
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for all the support! I am really ready for a change. I have been having too many "slightly bad" days.

Darkblue, I make my smoothies with nonfat, plain, organic yogurt, fruit, and ice. Often I put in a whole peeled mango for the fruit. Sometimes I use peaches or berries. I also add a little orange juice or mango juice for sweetness.

My lattes are actually made from chai tea and skim milk, and I love em, but I do add 2 tsp sugar to them. I think I am ready to move off those for the most part. Maybe have one iced for a treat once in a rare while.

My waffles I have been eating are whole grain kashi waffles. Sometimes Vans Flax waffles. I would have one with peanut butter and jam. The calories are not bad, but somehow I think I will do better with smoothies or the occasional egg beater omelet.

I have bought myself a cute little notebook and am putting together a strength training routine for myself and will keep track of my exercise in there.

My DH is leaving again on Weds for 3 weeks. My goal is to have ALL GREEN X's for the 3 weeks he is gone. I think I can do it. No junk in front of me makes it a lot easier.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote