Old 03-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #1  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Ibs ...

... I used to think I had IBS. I've never had consistent bowel movements, sometimes it's painful, but most of the time I'm okay.

Well, my reason for posting is this. My Dad and his fiancee have been visiting for two weeks from France (I'm English, but I live in Florida, they are English, but live in France!)... and we've basically spent the past two weeks drinking waaaaay too much wine! They left yesterday but about two days ago I noticed I was feeling bloated and crampy and feeling like I need to go to the bathroom but I don't..... does that make sense?

I'm wondering if this is probably just caused by the alcohol and if I detox myself for the next week or so, do you think it will probably fix itself?

I know no one here is a doctor, but it COULD be this, right???
MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

I have no idea if the wine could cause that. I know sometimes I get that way when I drastically change my diet..like recently I have been eating really really really healthy but today I had a tiny slice of meatloaf and I was not feeling so hot if you know what I mean.

Sorry you're all icky feeling, feel better!

-Liz.
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:30 AM   #3  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

I would think its the alcohol. That has happened to me a couple times after drinking heavily. I am not really a drinker...but when I do drink a lot, my stomach gets really messed up. It happened the day after my 21st and New Years. Maybe you drank more than you normally would and upset your stomach. My stomach usually is fine after a day or two.

I also just found out that excess amounts of wine or beer can cause an over growth of yeast (candida) and causes IBS like symptoms. My mom has a wealth of knowledge...hehe.
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #4  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Thank you soooooo much for the responses. I drink like... never. I used to drink a lot more when I was younger, but now I have kids... I have like a beer or a glass of wine once every couple of weeks... lol.

This past two weeks with my Dad we had dinner round the table together every night with a couple of bottles of wine and would sit talking all evening. My diet consisted of food, wine, tylenol and water!

I'm soooo detoxing right now... and hopefully my system will get back to normal. I might add some yogurt into my diet if yeast is possibly a cause.

Thank you soooooo much.... *hugs*
MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote