Old 03-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #1  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

Default Telling your weight

I'm curious, do you tell your family members, especially you SO how much you weigh? I never tell any of them!! When I set up my account here I was reluctant to put my weight in just in case they came across this site and now that I added tickers, I'm REAL nervous about it!! Is it just me?
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I tell anyone who asks. It's just a number. I am me, regardless of that number, and I don't think that people are fooled into believing I don't have an over fat body just because they don't know the actual number on my scale.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

I actually tell EVERYONE my weight, and have for a long time. I also tell everyone my size. (Actually, only if it comes up in conversation and I think there's a reason to share it.) I know exactly why you're hesitant to do so, and I completely respect your decision to keep it private. It's just one of my "I am not ashamed of my body, my weight, or my size" things. I am still larger than I would like to be, but it is not a sin to be overweight, and accepting that was a huge step on my road to fixing it. I used to refuse to eat in front of anyone - ever - and I'm working on that one as well. I will not say that I don't have any secrets, but I find my life is simpler if I am very open about my shortcomings. (Besides, it takes some of the glee out of it for gossips!)
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #4  
Finding My Bliss

I don't think it's "just you" though at all. Lots of people have mixed feelings about actual weight/age etc.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:10 PM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Wendy, I was scared anyone I know would find me and see my weight. Horrifying! Now IDC I guess cause I even posted my pic. I do know what you mean though.

By the way, I live in your area, we just moved South of Charlotte.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:14 PM   #6  
In Onderland!!!!

I remember I stepped on a platform at a Ripley's Believe It or Not back when I was just getting into the 200's and my husband was like "Holy Crap"! When I looked up I saw it was a scale that showed your weight really big on the wall for everyone to see...I thought I was going to die! Then once I got weighed at a Doctors office and the nurse who weighed me said "Wow, I didn't think you weighed that much, you hide it well" So I guess my complex over this started years ago
Old 03-20-2008, 09:16 PM   #7  
In Onderland!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lois lane View Post

By the way, I live in your area, we just moved South of Charlotte.
It's nice to see someone else here from around here. I am actually in Mint Hill which is a little town squished between Charlotte and Indian Trail....are you familiar with there?
Old 03-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #8  

I don't tell anyone what I weigh, not even my bf.
I will not step on a scale in front of anyone.
I know I'm obviously overweight, but I think a lot of people would be surprised to know my actual weight.
hotmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #9  
Finding My Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lois lane View Post
Wendy, I was scared anyone I know would find me and see my weight. Horrifying! Now IDC I guess cause I even posted my pic. I do know what you mean though.
You are a beautiful woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendymeows View Post
Then once I got weighed at a Doctors office and the nurse who weighed me said "Wow, I didn't think you weighed that much, you hide it well" So I guess my complex over this started years ago
I ALWAYS have to tell the medical assistant who weighs me (there are 6 or so of them on rotation) to "Keep going..." because they start out with it at LEAST 50 pounds lighter than I am!!! They are always shocked too. Once, one even said "Na-ahhhh, really?".

Yes, really. I am heavy! Gasp! Sigh! Scandalous, isn't it!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

I don't mind telling people how much I weigh. I never have. BTW, my highest weight ever was higher then my starting weight here (over 230~not sure how much over~didn't weigh myself back then.)

As far as the doctor's office, I always set the initial weight myself before they get a chance. I guess I'm just pushy?

Last edited by zenor77; 03-20-2008 at 09:28 PM.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #11  
Finding My Bliss

No, not "pushy", PROACTIVE.

After that silly reaction, I adjusted it where it needed to be most of the time too.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #12  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

I tell. I figure it's no big secret that I'm carrying a whole lot of extra weight. I think part of making a change is facing the issue, and for me that's the thing.

I like what SoulBliss said, it's just a number. It doesn't define WHO we are.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:40 PM   #13  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

DH knows my weight. I'm very okay with that. Anyone else, I don't tell them how much I weigh. I do tell them how much I have lost. They can probably figure out approximately how much I weigh from that.

No one has ever asked me what I weigh, either - so not sure what I would say if that situation ever arose.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I don't tell my weight in general because it's nobody's business. I've chosen to tell my SO, and my closest sister, and two friends who are also losing weight.

No one knows what my screen name is--so it's unlikely anyone I know would be able to identify me.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #15  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Wendy, haven't heard of it. I think I'm actually sw of charlotte though. Heard of Blacksburg? Very small town. DH works in Charlotte for telephone.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote