Thread: Phentermine
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 04:01 AM   #100
fabulousonadiet

S/C/G: 342/275/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionaccomplished View Post
I am taking the Phentermine along with weekly Adenosine inj w/ B12. Dr supervised. This is not a fly by clinic that has popped up. It is a local well know clinic in our small town. Several in our town are all on this diet. To get your RX refilled you have to visit the dr. Just pop in once a week for injections. I have lost 24 lbs. in 2 months. Adenosine is is something that our body already produces and it is used to treat fatigue. Those patients saw their waistlines getting slimmer and that is why it is being used in weightloss. (that is how she explained briefly) Dr requires us to journal our food and exercise. follow a 1200 calorie diet (similar to a diabetic plan) although I do not follow the diabetic plan, I try to stay close. And exercise is required 3x week, but she prefers 5x.
I am taking a water pill...after the first month on the phentermine my BP increased slightly and I was retaining too much fluid on my legs. I only take 1/2 HCTZ when I have that tight feeling (like my rings) about every other day. I have not been dehydrated and my BP was lower this last visit. I am still holding a little more water than she would like, so I will continue the HCTZ another month and see how it goes.

I know all of the horror stories about phentermine, but I think that I am being well supervised. If I can get my weight down to a reasonable weight I expect to gain some back when I stop the meds, but also, I have, as a result of the medical care, the know how and the want to, to monitor my eating habits and control what I eat and how much I gain back...something that not even WW was successful teaching me.
This plan was VERY similar to my dr's plan as well and I lost well over 60 pounds in just a few months! I would have lost a lot more, but well sometimes I veered off! Exactly like you said, they're not fly by night clinics, it's medically supervised, well known/respected dr's in my area as well (I was in Florida then). I'm in Greece now and I take the B6 and B12 orally and I've contacted my dr's office and they're willing to send me the shakes and fat burners *not the phentermine of course - damn! lol* and I'm super excited! This plan - especially the phentermine - was a Godsend for me! I had several friends on the plan as well and they all did fantastic!! Thank goodness I had NO problems at all on the phentermine - I did years ago when the whole Phen-Fen was going around... My dr also has an online program if anyone is interested for info, feel free to PM me!

Back to the phentermine, I really have to say I had great results using it during my diet plan as did my friends too! I think of course as well all know, up to each person.. and I think any weight gain you may have after Phentermine is really up to you - the pill can NOT make you gain weight, you have to use it with a diet so you can train yourself to eat better!

Good luck everyone!
fabulousonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote