South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Humpday Chick Chat

It's a dark & gloomy looking daybreak here. I'll have to dig deep into my magic bag of tricks to find something fun to do with the girls today. After we colored Easter eggs yesterday, I took them to see the movie "Horton Hears A Who". I didn't expect that I would like the movie, but it was great! We really enjoyed it!
I think we have dance lessons today, too, but I'd better check first since most kids are away this week.

GONNA, I hope you are feeling much better today!

Cat, I hope you've found something that works for your poor doggie.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:18 AM   #2  
Determined to lose!

Hi all.... dark, gloomy rainy here as well. You know what they say, April showers bring may flowers.... so why's it raining in March? JK... we need the rain!

OK, so after a week of heavy looking at carpet, I've decided I can't afford the carpet!! So, the guy will be here to measure the kitchen, bathroom and wash area cause my kitchen does need it, and I'd like the bathroom to match. The kitchen floor has holes where my son decided to try to get a knife to stand up in the vinyl! The vinyl is 20 yrs old and faded anyway. The carpet is at least ten years old, but I am going to shampoo it again. Yes, it needs it, but I poor so any extra tax refund needs to go to savings due to the economy. I bought a toaster oven and will buy coffee mugs, but other than that and bills, away anything goes. I fear this is my last big refund if Joe moves out before June! Hey, can dogs qualify me for head of house? LOLOL

I have quarterly taxes due tomorrow so I've been busy trying to get things squared away at work... sorry for not doing personals in a spell.

As for the cats... I miss them terribly! but I'm NOT missing them getting on counters to avoid Jade! (they had never, I mean NEVER) gotten on counters before the dogs.) I have gathered all their things to hand to my sister hopefully this weekend.

OK, must keep moving.

Blessings all.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:34 AM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning Cottage & Loriann

I woke up bright & early this morning feel a wee bit better. I sure hate when I feel bad it makes me depressed and makes me feellike a failure in my weight loss cause I can't workout and I don't feel like eating much

We are supose to have rain here for most of the afternoon into the evening but won't matter much since I can't do alot.

Cottage thanks for the reveiws on the movie I want to go see it.

Hello & good morning to the late risers - I will try & check in later.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:43 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Nasty and raining here too...stormed all night. yuck

Cottage, glad you liked the movie! I used to dread taking my kids to "kid" movies, but usually like them once I got there.

Loriann, hope your floor comes out just the way you want! New floors really change up the look of a house. I would love to replace/go over my old wood floors with new ones (I want dark wide plank and I have beat up narrow light floors now!)

Gonna, hope you are feeling tip top soon!!!!

To all who follow, have a great day!!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

Default top of the morning to ya!

hi ladies!

the weather here has also taken a turn for the worse..the temperature has dropped to a chilly 36 degrees and rain and just general icky grayness prevail
i am curently working on my master's degree and was just informed that i will have to retake certain college courses here in germany as they were not able to figure out my us transcripts. major bummer. this sets me back an entire half a year! *sigh* academic bureaucracy. it's like fighting windmills.

cottage: i love dr.suess! sounds like a fun flic.

loriann: i missed out on telling you how sorry i am about your cats. sending some virtual sunshine ur way

gonna: glad ur feelin better

femme:

and a good morning to all the other chicas
Old 03-19-2008, 07:40 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning Chicks!

It's good to be back at the computer. Came down with the stomach bug Monday night and couldn't even sit up more than 5 or 10 minutes yesterday. Yuck! I'm weak but more myself today and soooo looking forward to eating real food.

I'm going to make some cereal and will be back in a bit for personals.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:46 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It sure is going to be a Hump Day with so much rainy weather, money worries and incipient sickies. Sorry I can't tell you it's gloriously sunny, healthy and financial heaven around here. May the day improve mightily as it unfolds!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:55 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks, another quickie for me, I will be glad when all this dance stuff is over. I am neck deep in to fundraising as we only have 5 weeks til Halifax and 5 fundraiser to go. I do have my taxes all done and ahead of time for a change. DH is getting back and DD is getting back and of course I owe... like normal.
Hugs to all that need it. And I will send you a few of my rays. The sun is shinning and the birds are chirpping. Take care chicks. Hopefully my life will be back to normal in 6 weeks. lol.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

HOwdy all... rainy day and lots to do. Just saying Hello!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:20 AM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi gals. This is the third time I've tried to post. My computer keeps closing windows of its own accord...

It's been a rough last few days - eating completely off plan, gained almost ten pounds in a week. Not good. I've commited to getting back on track today.

We had to say good-bye to Tom yesterday as he headed off to Florida. He starts school today. Looking into plane tickets, we couldn't find any for less than $400, so I'm going to drive the kids down there in a couple weeks. It'll be a long trip, but it'll be better than not seeing him for nine weeks. What a year this has been. I'm running out of optimistic perspective and just need to get to some semblance of normal.

Gotta get breakfast for the kids. It's our busy day, which is good since it'll keep our minds off feeling sorry for ourselves.

Kara
Old 03-19-2008, 08:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Howdy all. I wish I could take all of your rain and bring it here. I would gladly trade our sunny days for a couple days of at least some moisture!!

Cottage: Thanks for the movie review! I really want to see that movie, but I doubt DH will go with me. Sigh. I guess I'll just have to find some kiddos to take! Hope you and the girls have a fun day today!

Loriann: Wow. Bummer about the carpet, but it's so nice to see someone putting their refund away for a "rain-ier" day. I'm sure the new kitchen floor will look wonderful.

Gonna: Oh honey, don't feel like that! Just the fact that while you're sick you're thinking about being on track means that you're doing all the right things! I'm sure that you'll jump back on the healthy living wagon now that you're starting to feel better.

Cat! Stay dry!

jandaman: Oh, so sorry to hear about your classes. You're right, though. Academic bureaucracy is the absolute worst in my experience. Have you asked them if they're going to pay for your extra time in school? Yeah right, that'd be the day!!

Cyndi: I hope you continue to feel better! Get some rest and I'm sending thoughts of chicken soup over! (With whole wheat noodles, of course.)

Ruth: Here, here!! Have a good day!

LC: You're such a busy gal these days! I hope that this summer means a nice, relaxing vacation for you!

, FluffyK!

Kara: Another 9 weeks without Tom? You are my hero, girl! Too bad about your gain of 10, knowing you, though, it'll be off before the rest of us realize it! Try and have a happy day.

Me: Not much going on here. Just pulled my turkey-bacon cups out of the oven and am sitting here with a nice, hot cup of coffee. It is chilly here today!! Thank goodness I haven't packed all the winter blankets up. We needed them last night! There is a nice sunrise to look at, but I honestly do wish it would rain. We had a 60% chance yesterday, but nada. Thank goodness I didn't take the weather report seriously and watered Monday night.

Not too much going on tonight. I'm sure I'll be straightening the house a bit and then Ghost Hunters is on. That means I'll be on the couch with DH all night. Don't worry - I'll get my walk in before all the laziness starts!

Well - I really should swing by the P1 chat and then head to the shower. Hope everyone to follow has a good day.

~Kim
Old 03-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

UGH can someone turn off the rain? We have gotten over 4 inches in the last 24 hours and my yard is a swamp! Even the dogs had the look this morning like "you want me to do what out there?"

I have been taping yoga on the oxygen channel for the last week and getting up every morning and working out, that guy is a hoot and tries to kill me every morning but I am keeping up! Those who enjoy yoga might want to check it out, it is called Inhale and is on at 6 every morning.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays dry. Oh and Kara to you, I know you will get back on track you truly are an inspiration to many of us!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #13  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Thanks you guys for all the well wishes.

Cyndi I hope you get rid of that stomach bug

Kara What part of Florida will you be going to?

Thanks for the pep talk Kim Your such a sweety

Stephanie way to go on those yoga workouts
Old 03-19-2008, 09:16 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, everybody!

Fast run through--I'm trying to get a bunch of poster/flyers/etc. done before the students start pouring in. There's a hard essay due on Friday and I expect I'll see several of the students working on it either today or tomorrow (or...shudder...both!). I love helping the students, but hate it when there's a dozen of them all needing help at once because I'm only one person!

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great day! Cottage, I'm dying to see Horton--it's my all-time favorite Dr. Seuss book and with talents like Jim Carrey, Steve Carrell, and Carol Burnett, I think it must be fabulous! So glad you enjoyed it! "A person's a person, no matter how small!" (or in my case, "how big!" )

Gonna, not that I'm that great at following this advice, but try not to be so hard on yourself, okay? When you feel sick, you feel sick. Pushing your body to do things you don't feel up to is only going to make the sickness last longer. Check with the chickies in the Exercise forum--there's some rule of thumb about when to work out during sickness and when not to. I followed it the last time I was sick and working out actually made me feel better, but I had the type of cold that they say shouldn't keep you from working out. If you have the kind that necessitates staying home, please do so and refrain from guilt!

Thanks for the recommend, Stephanie! I love yoga but am having a dickens of a time trying to get to the ones at my gym. I'll have to look for that program!

Kara, hon, you are dealing with a whole lot. Just moving is stressful, but you moved COUNTRIES and will be doing so again in just a couple months. That's a LOT of stress. Couple that with not seeing your husband for weeks and weeks and being, for all intents and purposes, a single mom and you've got a huge recipe for stress, sadness, and fatigue! I think you're handling it extremely well, but give yourself some slack, okay? You have the right to want to wallow a bit. You know what makes you feel truly good in your body and soul, and I know you'll get back to that very soon. In the meantime, be good to yourself!

Wow, I hope all our sickies, recovering sickies, and soon-to-be-sickies are feeling much, much better very soon!

Lots of rain here, too--guess that's not news though, eh?

Me:
Yikes, I'm tired! I pulled another long night yesterday. Argh! I decided to make journaling my lenten commitment, which was a good idea in theory, but with my huge distaste of writing by hand (my hand hurts within a minute or two and no one can read my writing), I write it on the computer. And you can imagine all the distractions and temptations that lie there! I went in to journal around 12:00 and finally got to bed just before 3 am! I've got to do something about it!

Off to the gym after work and then home for a snack, shower, etc. before heading to church for our Tenebrae service. Does anyone else have a Tenebrae service at their church? It's an ancient practice and very moving and contemplative. I'm in the choir, so we do a ton of singing.

Have a great day everyone--hope the sun comes out to say, "Hi!"

Last edited by beachgal; 03-19-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks, I climbed into bed last night planning to watch TBL (I wanted to see the makeovers), and fell asleep before the end. Since the kids are off school today, I had no reason to get up, so I think I slept about 10 hours! Guess I needed it and maybe it'll help my weight drop a little this week. It'll be tough working with the kids around today, and surely some of their dumb friends will start showing up soon. Too bad it's gray and gloomy around here too, doesn't look like I'll be able to kick them outside! Well, other than work, trying to fit in a WATP, and my committee meeting tonight, not much going on around here.

Thanks for the recommendation cottage, I was going to look and see if there were any good movies out for us to go to this weekend, since we're not doing anything special over break. I'll see what they think about that one.
Loriann, I was listening to NPR on the way home yesterday, and everything about the economy sounds so bad right now, I was wondering about some of our planned expenditures coming up, and if it wouldn't be better to bank it instead. I think I need to sit down and take a good look at our budget for the year,
Gonna, glad you are feeling better. Hope you are over it soon too Cindy! Hope you are all better soon.
You have a great day too Cat!
Hi Jan, that's a bummer about the courses!
Hi Fluff and LC, good to see you popping in!
Kara, you know it's not possible to gain 10 lbs. of fat in a week. It'll be off before you know it. That's what I do when DH leaves, stay busy, busy, busy!
Kim, enjoy your night of laziness! I'm sure you are looking forward to it, as busy as you've been lately.
Pacer, I don't have that channel, sadly. I did get the Yoga for All DVD, but I haven't tried it out yet. Still stuck on the WATP. I've got a Richard Simmons too, that someone gave me, but I'm kinda afraid to try that one.
Closed Thread