View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #65
GrammyRN
Buffalo Girl

S/C/G: 220/209/128

Height: 5'1"

Thanks Leenie and mistymed! Yes, isn't it funny how every doc is different? Actually I had to go back to full liquids after a couple of days -they had told me "mushy" (like yogurt) was ok - NOT!! Talk about running to the bathroom every few minutes and still having accidents. Not fun.

So I went back on liquids although since I was so shaky and weirded out (my brain was boggled, hehheh), started drinking Boost Glucose Control along with water and watered-down V-8 Splash and an occasional chicken broth. That seems to be working much better, and my mind is actually sorta-kinda working again! Never have tolerated anesthesia real well anyway. At least the gas is gone (along with my caffeine headache, LOL!)

It's a whole new mindset, isn't it? I really haven't wanted Real Food until I smelled my husband's broiled salmon tonight - ohmygosh! And I don't even like salmon! Boy was I ready to chow down! But, bit the bullet, went into the bedroom and sipped on the Boost. But you know what? That feeling really did pass pretty fast - happy to say

So, onwards on this great adventure!! I'm SOOO grateful you're all here to share and support on this journey!
Love, Carol

Last edited by GrammyRN : 03-18-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: add avatar
GrammyRN is offline   Reply With Quote