Old 03-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/266/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Hello! I'm new!!!

Hi everyone! I was told to check out this spot because although I don't technically have "100" lbs to lose, I am close and apparently you guys are fantastic! Soo, here we go! I am 29, gonna be 30 (*sigh*) at the end of April and am really motivated to lose weight and start out that new decade healthier. I am a stay-at-home mommy to 3 right now. Going back to finish my degree soon. I have an 8 1/2 year old little girl and 4 year old and almost 6 month old little boys. I have been dealing with a little post partum depression, and am a lot better as far as that goes now. Yay! My husband and I joined a Biggest Loser-type thing with people at his work. I had started on my own before they did and lost about 18 lbs. A lot of it was water and am slowing down now as everyone else is beginning, so I am really trying to stay motivated without the help of those big numbers which has been kinda hard. I know it doesn't help but I am so impatient sometimes. I just wanna see my goal there on the scale! I joined this site years ago, but never really knew where to start so I am hoping that I can find my way around and get the very most out of it I can! So many of you seem to be doing SO well it is a helpful inspiration when things seem kinda overwhelming, so congrats and thank you for that! My husband thinks our scale is off, but I am taking my daughter to the doctors this afternoon and am going to compare with his. I will have a more accurate current weight then. I'm cautiously hoping for a loss of course. Any boost will be nice. I am a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding in August. Although it isn't the only driving factor here, it is a big one. I don't want to be the big bridesmaid, and unfortunately since most the other ones are 110 dripping wet, the goal isn't to be skinny, but to look good and feel GREAT! Now that I have went on and on about me I am gonna close with another hello! And I can't wait to get to know you all!!! Good luck on your own journeys!!!
Andria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hey ^^ So glad you came over! Just wanted to say to the 100lb area
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:59 AM   #3  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

Welcome! You will like it here, I sure do and I've only been here 2 weeks. I'm a stay at home mom too! I was in a wedding last year and was the big bridesmaid so I know how you feel. Luckily (I guess) I was not the biggest but I was a very close second. This time I have to do this mainly for health reasons, my bp is a tiny bit high and I don't want to have other problems to follow. I can get out of this now so I must! But aside from that, we have a beach trip planned in August and I would love to be quite a bit lighter!!
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Hi and This really is a fantastic place for support.
joylove26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

You've come to the right place for support.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #6  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Andria,
Whoever referred you here was one smart cookie!
It's a wonderful, amazing group!

Congratulations on your loss so far, and also on your new baby!

We have a couple of things in common!

I just turned 30 this past December 30th, and it was the thing that pushed me over the edge and gave me the strength to start this journey all over again. I deeply want to turn 31 MUCH healthier than when I turned 30!!
And....I was just asked to be a bridesmaid too, for the first time in my life. My best friend is getting married soon. No date set, but it could possibly be in the fall.
I want to look beautiful, and FEEL beautiful!

I've lost 25 pounds since January 2nd...

I would be thrilled to have you join us!

Once again, welcome! And post away!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, nice to meet you
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #8  
Tired SAHM of 7

S/C/G: 290/269/190

Height: 5'7"

I'm from Michigan too! I'm in Flint are you close?

I also have a 9, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, and 6½mo. So we have some commonly aged kids too!

Last edited by Slingnmom; 03-18-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Slingnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #9  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

You came to the right place!
Hopefulpinkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #10  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

You've found an awesome place!! Glad to have you here!
sarahdafiregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #11  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Hi and welcome! Yep, this is the place to be alright!
Looking forward to seeing you on-line.
Robyne
Healthy Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 276/266/180

Height: 5'8"

Stephanie-I'm actually way up north near Traverse City...but I grew up in Oakland County...Clarkston/Waterford/Holly area..you have beautiful kids. You must be busy, lol. I know I am!
Andria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:04 AM   #13  

Welcome, from one Michigander to another! You have found a great place to be.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:29 PM   #14  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

hi andria and welcome to the forums you will find plenty of us stay at home mummys here .. losing weight with young kids is more challengiing then many relive.. you actually havwe to take your attention off the kids and think about your self.. It can be tricky to suppervise you kids and exercise as well.. lol I now exercise when the kids programme are on in the afternoon .. then o lock my self and my daugfhter in our family room and get on the elliptical.. its the only way i can comfortably get a whole 30-45 minutes on the thing with out having to get on and off it every 5 minutes to check what she is up to.. It is easier if my son is home he is very good at keeping an eye on his sister for me and wil get her drinks or help her get something she wants ..while im working out . Lucky for me she is toilet trained so we dont have to worry about that.
Im 27 and a sahm with a 7 and 3 year old.. I am not on a diet i am a calorie counter and i find that works well . unlike diesting if i go off track a bit i dont gain weight i just dont loose any. where as on a diet if i go off track i gain straight away. Calorie counting is made so easy by the free online programs like calorie king and fit day.. i used to use fit day but have since switched to calorie king as it is alot easier to use and has a much better database.. anyway. im probably boring you i just thought id say welcome lol
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote