South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Chick Chat

Good morning!

I wanted to get a few things taken care of around here before I checked in. Seems once I sit down in front of my computer, nothing else gets done!

I"ll be putting in long days the rest of the week since the girls are on spring break. They were so happy and excited yesterday when I picked them up at the airport and talked non-stop all the way home. Cindy and I could hardly get a word in edgewise, LOL! We didn't have time to make Irish Soda Bread, they were too fired up, anyway. We don't have any set plans for today, but we'll probably color Easter eggs this afternoon.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, have fun with those eggs!! I miss doing stuff like that with my kids.

Those up north may hate to hear this, but it is already 70 this morning and is supposed to get up to 80's by this afternoon. VERY windy...may get up to 40 mph gusts...feels great, but a bit humid. A girl I work with is turning 40 years old today, so everyone is dressing in black. I love it cause it makes me look skinnier!

On an off topic subject...Do any of you make your own dog food? I'm still dealing with my poor little allergic maltese. He seemed be getting better when we switched to "allergy free" dog food, but over the last day has again torn himself to shreads even with the special shampoo, zyrtec etc. The pollen here is everywhere...all the cars are solid greenish/yellow, so I think maybe that is aggrivating the problem. I was thinking about mixing together brown rice, chicken thighs, carrots and peas. I will have to feed it to all three dogs as I can't keep them out of each other's food.

Got my Callenetics all done this morning and a bath with my new French soap and feel ready to face the day. I'm on a new "routine". Callenetics every other day and fluidity every other day and am trying online yoga classes in the afternoons for a "work break". So far, so good. Don't want to overdo it, but I feel so good afterwards. Taking a break on Sundays.

Last edited by femmecreole; 03-18-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Cat and Cottage, the two Cs. I could have started us up at 3 this morning but decided a couple of Advil and bed was more tempting. I'm getting better about sleeping through the night but last night was back to the old routine.

Cottage, Easter egg painting! Now that's fun! I may get Eric and Jack (Claire's grandboys) to do some for my kitchen table. Easter is so darned early this year - we need cheery Springlike stuff.

Cat, I will try to remember your weather reports come mid-simmer when you are sweltering and will chat to you about cool and balmy breezes. I have made my own dog food many times - poor Hershey has been eating commercial since my operation because her stash is gone. I may do some more soon. PM me your email addy and I'll give you details - it's not something I'd post in the recipe section although it is Beachy!

No sunshine today but the temps will be above freezing. The lads are going to start tapping my maple bush today for the syrup run IF they can get into the bush. I usually go with them (with coffee and muffins) for tapping day but that's not going to happen this year. My knee can't navigate snow drifts. Ernie C. uses horses and a wagon for his work and I have always loved riding in with him. Next year!

This afternoon I go for my first haircut since before my operation! When your hair is short, it sure needs styling faster! I feel like Rapunzel. I am going to take it easy at home this morning to see if I can minimize the leg swelling - it'd be nice to wear real boots instead of my Crocs when I go to town!

Good grief - nearly 8:20 and I need my oatmeal! See y'all later.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:14 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Cat my friend with her allergic Maltese pups feeds them fish based protein foods... if that helps. and I remember Callenetics... OMG...

oh and everytime i see your avatar I miss N'orleans. I ate at Cafe Du Monde and have big honking coffee mugs from there for my saturday morning coffee..

Cottage have fun with the girls

today will not be totally beachy for me as we have a party for my boss at 9 and I do plan to indulge in a panera multi grain bagel.... and some brie... and a few other things.... but following BECK, i will eat sitting down and be mindful of what i'm eating.... and eat slowly!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:14 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

Ruth darling you posted while i was typing... enjoy your haircut!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning ladies
cottage, I've been trying to figure out how NOT to have to dye eggs this year. I was hoping they'd do it at Girl Scouts or something. I saw your other post about the peanut butter eggs. I'll see you your eggs and raise a couple of handfuls of M&Ms while I was stuffing eggs yesterday.
Cat I used to make my own cat food. It was a recipe I had from one of my cat books, but I'll bet you could find a dog food one on the internet. I put in meat ends from the deli, tomato juice, sprouts, and a little garlic powder. They loved it! BTW, is your soap the olive oil stuff? My MIL sends us a care package every year full of the olive oil Marseille soap, and it's all we can use now. Otherwise my skin gets itchy. I love the Le Chat brand too. Sounds like you are doing great with your exercise routine.
Ruth, have fun going to town. Maple bush?? I thought they were trees? Am I showing my ignorance? In any case, tapping day sounds really fun. Very Little House in the Big Woods!
nessa, how is that Beck thing going for you?

I've got to run to the office for a meeting, so lots of car time for me today. I hope I have the energy to fit in my WATP when I get home. I'll need it, I always feel like an old lady after a day in the car. Have a good one chicks!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Schmoodle, it's a maple woods or forest! They are huge trees. Around here "bush" is the term for a smallish forest. My "bush" is five acres and absolutely glorious in spring with wildflowers.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Cat - I have made my dog's food when he had tummy troubles, but I don't do it regularly. BIL did it for many months as his dog was having issues. Basically, they roasted a turkey and mashed carrots, peas, rice and potatoes all in with it and made this big gloppy mush. You might want to start with white rice, as brown rice has more allergen potential. See if it works and then move up to brown and see if there's a change. You could just feed it to the one if you could feed them separately and keep the others out.

Ruth - my hair needs cutting, too. Since my last "do" (Two months ago) I have had to modify my hairstyle 3 times because it's gotten too long to do the previous one. Now it takes too much energy, so I definitely have to get there SOON! I figure after Easter when the kids are back in school.

Schmoodle - have a good day...

Well, I decided that since yesterday was going to be an OP day, I wasn't going to fight it and gave myself a cheat day. It was fun, but I'm ready to be back OP today. I did my grocery shopping, looked for garbanzo beans (dried) to make my own hummus but didn't find them. My stores are pretty small, so I'll look next time at a different store.

Oh, and I did go back up that pound... It'll be back down in a couple days, though.

I notice Kara is still incommunicado - hope that's a sign that everything is blissful. I wonder how many smiley's she'll have in her signature when she comes back?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #9  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Short & sweet for me today as I am coming down with something. I was in bed at 5:30pm and did not get up til 6am this morning. I feel achy, cold, running a fever, tight chest & sore throat. I have loaded up on meds & high vitamin c foods but I just don't feel like eating.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

GONNA, stay in bed and take care of yourself today! I'm sorry you're so sick. Hot tea and broth, and Advil for you today. Feel better soon!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good morning ladies! Bring on the coffee! It is a rainy day here and they are calling for 6 inches of rain in the next 36 hours! Not going to complain though it could be snow!

Cottage I am hoping I convince my DD to color eggs this year, I miss that!

Cat I just saw on the food network this weekend Rachel Ray cooking food for her dog. DH looked at me like I was crazy for watching it so I ended up turning it. Sorry not much help here!

Ruth gosh does tapping the maple trees bring back memories of growing up in Michigan!

Nessa sure is good to "see" you back in here on a regualr basis!

Schmoodle Hope your day goes well!

Fluffy good for you getting back OP, I'm with you on the upward tip of the scales but dang TOM started yesterday so I am not going to stress it for the moment!

Gonna get better chick, we need your smiling face around here!

To much going on in my world to even go into in depth, but found out my middle daughter is getting married. No parties here, I haven't even met the guy yet and her dad says he is a worthless SOB. UGH! They are waiting a year so hopefully things will change, I think I will buy a years worth of birth control and send it to her, I refuse to be a grandmother this early. Ah the joys of motherhood! How can 3 kids from the same parents be sooooooo different??????

Alright gotta get my arse in gear and get to the pile on my desk! Have a great day ladies!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Nessa...
Apparently Callanetics is making a big comeback. They have new DVDs, but after doing a little research, the consensis is that the old one is still the best. The clothes and hair are definately "80's" but it IS working. I really like it...soothing too.

You are going to have to come back and go to Cafe Du Monde again! I could not live without my CDM coffee and chicory. My husband calls it "Nectar of the gods".

Last edited by femmecreole; 03-18-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone - things are busy here today! Don't think I'll have much internet time for the next few weeks. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #14  
ONEderland here I come!

Schmoodle, Beck seems to be working so far so good. The book is pretty intense it has one task each day for 42 days. for example day 5 is to eat slowly and mindfully... a very very had task for me but day 6 which was find a diet coach was a "piece of cake" LOL.... I can see how if you work this program in conjunction with healthy eating (as it requires) that it can really really work....
Old 03-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies:
With it being easter week and friends visiting from far away (England and mercilessly bringing chocolate) Its going to be gastronomically challenging! But I think as long as I eat clean on my own I can balance it out.

Cottage I'm dying eggs with the inlaws on saturday. My neice and nephew arent coming till april so I requested Egg dying! We're goign to make Popcorn bunnies too (Challenge?)

Cat My MOm's dog a shih tzu has killer allergies. . .they give him benadryl it helps
Ruth Enjoy your haircut!! I got mine done the other day and mind the swelling! do you have compression socks? They help a lot! Yep I'm 31 and every other day slap those bad boys on Soo Sexified!
MOrning Nessa!
Schmoo that soap sounds dreamy!! I have really dry itchy skin too
Hi Fluffy!
Gonna please take care!
Pacer We'll pray for her to make the right decision! I don't think people really think when they get engaged. . .maybe a longer engagement?
Cat (PArt Deux) I'm going to have to try that coffee!!!!
Kim hey honey hope all is well.

Me tryign to get my head on straight for the day. I need to make a gift for my gf who's visiting and do some other assorted stuff.
bbiab
Kier
Closed Thread