South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 123/116/110

Height: 4'11

Default ok...weight question

Hi!!!

As you all know I started phase1 3 days ago.. I weighed myself at 123pds when I started, this am I was 119pds!!! YAY!!!!

but last night I was 122pds before bed, and this am 199pds???? WHY???

is it the water that Im drinking?? why such a difference?? and is the 119pds the "right" weight??

thanks!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I always weigh more towards the end of the day than in the morning. I think it's the fluids and food you're taking in, waste products building up, etc. As long as you weigh at the same time of day each time, you can take that as the "right" weight. As for me, I always want the lowest weight I can get, so I weigh in the morning, before dressing, after peeing... you get the idea.
I also kind of think when you are losing, a lot of that happens while you are sleeping. I don't know if that's right or not though.
But the variation is normal. I've seen my weight vary up to 7 lbs. in a day.

BTW, great job and congrats on your loss!!
77 lbs. is a lot to gain overnight though!! I know, that's a typo...

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-18-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kristi, have you read the book yet? Also, you'll find the answers to several of your questions in our FAQ section. Here is a link to one of the threads about the scales -

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42510

I hope this helps!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #4  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Wow, I didn't know all of that.

Thanks! I feel better about things now. (Just now starting to get over the terrible fear of those numbers on the scale...)
Old 03-18-2008, 11:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/140/125

Height: 5'4''

Way to go, Kristi!!! That is so exciting!! (I will pm you back as soon as I get to 10 posts!)

Thanks for the link, cottage--how interesting.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #6  
Enjoying healthy living

Height: 5'9"

Because I am a neurotic scale freak, especially when trying to lose weight, I know for a fact that on average I weight 2 pounds more at night than I do first thing in the morning (after I go to the bathroom, but before I take even a sip of coffee). Sometimes it's only one pound, but most times it's two.

Naturally, I take the morning weight as the 'official' weight!

Does anyone else have little scale idiocyncracies like me? I also get on and off about 10 times just to make sure the needle didn't get stuck or anything! I also won't buy a new scale in case a new one weighs me 'heavier'!! I've tried to 'scale back' on the scale frequency, but when I do, I feel a loss of control, so, I don't care! I'm weighing myself every day, usually morning AND night! hee hee
Old 03-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Kristi.

STAY off the scale.

it's just ONE measure of your success.

take your measurments instead.

i can fluctuate 5-7 pounds DAILY!
Old 03-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #8  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Scales....friend or foe???

There are some threads that seem to have a life of their own. This is one of them.

I guess, my two cents worth, is that everyone looks at those numbers differently. I used to be a "scale addict" but now I weigh myself twice a week. I feel it serves the useful purpose of keeping myself honest with myself. Obviously, most of us fluctuate depending on how much sodium we consumed, what we ate, when the last time we had a BM, etc.--you get the picture.

I think, the underlying issue here is learning to trust the process. I figured that even if everything went exactly as I would like it to I won't reach my goal end weight until Easter 2009. And, that is if everything goes exactly as I would like it to. Well, life may or may not agree with me. I guess, I will just have to put one foot in front of the other and walk forward with some faith. So, why be so frantic about what the scales says today. Easy does it.

If we follow our food plans the way they were developed, if we modify our behaviors to support our eating and exercising plans, and if we are patient we will see results.

Along with everything else that has been said here, try some patience along with the other suggestions. Works for me!

Last edited by pamatga; 03-18-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Life of it's own. This has to be the most frequently asked question along with "Do I need to read the book?"
The question has been answered so I'm closing this thread.
Closed Thread