General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Default Getting Jiggly?

I noticed the other day that my legs and stomach are very jiggly! They have never been jiggly! It almost looks as if as I'm losing weight I'm getting softer and more jelly like? Has this happened to anyone? Will I go back to being more firm later? does the fat have to seperate or soemthing before it leaves?

I have lost 27 lbs so far does that have any impact?
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Actually, that is a pretty common phenomenon when losing weight. You may get a little jiggly as the fat is melting away. I can't remember the exact reason though why that happens. Don't worry about it
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #3  
Ticker-free

S/C/G: 216/204.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, I get that too, normally followed by a couple pound loss.
perclady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

My best guess (which doesn't mean a lot) is that maybe your skin needs a good nights sleep to conform to the areas where you have lost some fat.

-Liz.
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #5  
Meg

There's actually a physical reason for your fat getting all squishy -- and it's a GOOD thing!

When your body starts burning stored fat, it goes for the intramuscular fat first -- the fat marbled inside your muscles (like the fat in a steak). That intramuscular fat kept the fat surrounding the muscle firmly in place, nice and tight and hard.

Once you lose the fat in the muscle, the surrounding fat is loose and flopping around because its anchor (the fat marbled throughout the muscle) is gone. Everything starts to wiggle and wobble like Jello!

Tell yourself that fat getting jiggly is a very good thing! The next step is for that jiggly fat to disappear. So remember, if your fat is getting jiggly, it's on the road out of town.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #6  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I am getting so squishy too and it sucks, until you think about WHY it is happening. No more hard, angry fats for me!!!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hard, angry fats...

That was so cute-thanks for making me smile this morning!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:46 AM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

My stomach is very jiggly lately. But, knowing that my inner fat is being worked at first makes this very bearable! Even kinda exciting ^^
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #9  
Not so Slim...Yet

S/C/G: 211/191/128

Height: 5'5"

wow I've never heard of that happening it does seem to make sense though. I will definitely keep this in my mind.

Last edited by kwoodslim; 03-21-2008 at 12:09 PM.
kwoodslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:56 PM   #10  
active kids, active mom

That is so interesting Meg. I have been very surprised this time around at just how different my weight loss seems to be. I have never before gotten so jiggly. I was chalking it up to age. This morning I reached my low of the past 10 years. I have lost weight to get to this weight before -- but I never have felt this great doing it and I have NEVER been this jiggly. I keep thinking I must be imagining that it is different this time. Of course, this time I am also counting EVERY calorie I eat and exercising 5-6 times a week, with both cardio and resistance -- something I have never before done (I was a 3x per week/30 min. per session of light cardio dieter). So maybe I can take from your post above that I am losing the right kind of weight this time around?
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote