General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 309/309/220

Height: 5'2"

Default Cheat to Lose Diet?

Has anyone tried the Cheat to Lose diet? It was written by Joel Marion who was the 2001 Body For Life Champion. It encourages one cheat day per week and then the rest of the week starts out with 2 days of low GI eating and then increases carb intake a little each day until the cheat day. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this diet and liked it? Of course, you can't get much info without buying the book or signing up for the website so I was wanting any first had info anyone might have. Thanks.
mandi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/266.8/140

Height: 5'7"

Alright, please don't other people take my advice on this... I'm just giving my personal experience.

Whenever I'm in a rut, I kid you not I eat something that's way off my diet and I lose weight within a few days. When I was on Atkins, one day a week I would eat pizza (shh, like half of a medium one), and 2 days later I dropped weight.

I've never read anything about this... I've had personal trainers say to have a cheat meal but for the reason of not depriving yourself. Weight watchers allots weekly flex points for this as well.

HOWEVER... I swear to god, it wasn't a deprivation thing. My fiance is the same way now (I don't cheat very much now at all, maybe I should... I dunno) whenever he has some super cruddy cheat day, he drops weight a few days later.

My mom and I THEORIZED that it basically puts your body in shock. Maybe makes it go into overdrive? It throws your body completely off... I guess kinda like when you exercise the same way every day your body gets used to it? Same thing with food?

Some people also do this as carb cycling. Same principle, but within healthier parameters.
tormentated is offline   Reply With Quote