Old 03-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/262/135

Height: 5'2"

Default I need help.

I have attended 2 OA meetings in the very distant past (I had to drive an hour one way to get there). I work Mon-Fri from 3-11pm so it is hard to find a meeting I can attend that fits my time schedule. I have access to a computer all day so anything online would be great. I also need to get a sponsor. As I am a 17 1/2 year member of AA I know the importance of having a sponsor. I don't know any of you yet but would any of you like to be a temp sponsor to me until I get to know all of you? I am so ready for help! Also, where can I find the 12 Steps of OA. I haven't read them in so many years I don't remember exactly what they say.
whisperinghope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:37 PM   #2  

I think if you just substitute "compulsive eating" for alcohol in the steps you are there. As for sponsorship, another person posted on a thread today about posting her food here to at least get that part of it going and it was well received. I call a food sponsor every day (she has not done the steps) and it really helps, plus I write my food plan for the day down. Others I am sure will chime in about on-line meetings and sponsorship. Welcome!
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 355/326/219

Height: 5'10"

whisperinghope (beautiful name by the way!),

i encourage you to check out therecoverygroup.com. they have meetings around the clock at 12, 3, 6 & 9 am & pm. The online meeting takes a little getting used to but it's a great sub for a f2f meeting.

also check out oa.org--the twelve steps and traditions are posted there. I also recommend getting the OA 12 & 12 book...it's written specifically for OA. I do like reading the AA Big Book (I knew nothing of AA when I started) but find I respond better to the OA 12 & 12...as it is written for MY compulsion. There's also a workbook to accompany the OA book.

this group is a great place to be...there's a lot of support and encouragement. I joined back in January and have come from being a sobbing, helpless and hopeless mess to a person that is filled with LOVE & HOPE--mostly because of the help I received here! The gals here are so good at leading you in the right direction.

Welcome...keep coming back! It works if you work it...and you deserve it!

Blessings,
junebug69 is offline   Reply With Quote