Hi! Joined yesterday

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone! I just joined 3FC's yesterday. I have been a yo-yo dieter for a number of years now and really hope I suceed this time. I tried several diets over the years including Weight Watchers and LA Weight Loss but fell off the wagon, so to speak, each time. My problem is I get discouraged very easily and have been going the diet route alone. At my worst weight I was 229 lbs. I quit smoking in July and gained even MORE weight. I didn't realize how much until I weighed myself today and tipped the scale at 258 lbs!!! OMG! I really feel determined now, and I really think with this site I will have the support and determination I need to drop the pounds. I don't like sweets but love the foods that are bad for you like wings, burgers, potatoes etc...

I have started two days ago with my own diet which basically consist of watching the calories and fat, eating veggies, fruit, and smaller portions. I am also exercising on my tread mill. Anyway I would love to hear from people going through the same thing and support each other along the way.

Cindy
  • Cindy
    Welcome

Each good choice we make takes us one step further to the more healthy thinner person we want to be.

When you think you are on this journey all alone. When there isn't a person in sight to give you the encouragement you need. Remember, God is right there beside you. Usually yelling, put down that candy bar.
  • Hi there Cindy

Welcome to the 100 lb club forum area
  • Cindy,
    It's great to have you!
    Sounds to me like your plan will work great! In fact that's pretty much exactly what I'm doing, except I'm VERY bad at making myself get on the treadmill...so at this point I'd say I'm doing it on food alone for now. That is something I really need to change.

You will find amazing support here...as much as you could need.
    It's a fantastic group.
    Welcome, once again!

Linda
  • Hi Cindy - welcome to 3FC! I think a lot of us here are in the same boat. Trying to get healthy, stay motivated and see results And I hear you on the wings - I could eat them for days (with bleu cheese of course!)

It's a great group!
  • Cindy! This is a great place for support!
  • Hi Cindy, Welcome! You have come to the right place for support. This is a great place for all kinds of support.
  • Hi Cindy...I am also new and and have been doing WW (at home on my own) for a week now and can't wait til my April 1st Dr. appointment to see how much I have lost! I'm like you and don't care too much for the sweets...I want the real deal *food* *lol* Since I was used to only eating two really big meals a day, I now eat something about every two hours. That keeps me from being neither hungry or full all day long which is wonderful! Welcome to the group, you will like it here! I've already met some really great people!!
  • Welcome to the group Cindy!
  • Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I really do feel good about my chances of losing the weight with the help of all you good people! I look forward to my first post where I can say... Hey! I lost 10 pounds! LOL Thanks again everybody!
  • Hi Cindy! Welcome! I could have written your post. In the past I have had trouble sticking with programs. Now I'm counting calories, trying to make better food choices, and walking everyday (with strength training 3x per week). I'm glad you're joining us!!
  • Welcome! This is a great support group. You are off to a great start! You will be feeling better soon, I just know it!
  • Welcome! I'm new too, but I really like it here.
  • Hiya cindy! welcome aboard!!! happy to have you here sigh...wings...mmmm damn their crunchy goodness!!! hehheh I went to a chinese buffett last week (didn't do too badly!) and they had honey garlic GIANT chicken wings and omg i wanted to jump into the entire vat of it! hahah back awayyyyy from the winggggsss!!!

Good luck on your journey and we're all here to help
  • Cindy to the group. You have found a wonderful place for support.