Old 03-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #1  

Default Losing too much too fast ?

Hey Guys i 've got a question. Since weighing on Feb 27 at 308 I've lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm really happy about that, but is it normal/ok to lose so fast. I've been doing everything healthy, no starving or not eating. Just exercise 1/2 hour a day 5x a week and a healthy diet 3 meals a day, 2 snacks all good healthy foods. Has it been like that for anyone else ?

Last edited by growinginlove 6 22; 03-12-2008 at 09:53 AM.
growinginlove 6 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:56 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Is this the very beginning for you? If you've just started, those aren't surprisingly high numbers nor should you be alarmed. (I lost 11 lbs my first two weeks.) A few weeks down the road your weight loss numbers may decrease to the "normal" 1-2lbs area. Just so that you're prepared for it. But enjoy the big losses while they happen!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #3  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Growing, that happened to me, too. The first three weeks, I lost 5-6 pounds a week, doing the exercise bit & cutting portions. It kinda freaked me out because it seemed too fast. Now, though, I've tapered off to a more sensible 3 pound a week for the past 3 weeks. Like Faerie said, it's normal to have the higher numbers when you start but it will go down a bit eventually. =D
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:34 AM   #4  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Ditto
The first week or two (more for some people) are almost always big losses, then you move into a pattern of more "normal" numbers. This is more prevalent the more you have to lose.

However, there are some people who just naturally lose bigger numbers that others...lucky!!

You're doing great! Keep it up.

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #5  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

If you are doing it healthy then there is nothing to worry about. I started my journey 10 weeks ago and I've lost 50 lbs, and I am still losing at a high rate. I think it all depends on how much your started with and how much you exercise and eat. It all factors in on how much you lose
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

It too lost very, very quickly the first couple of weeks. - I think it was 11 or 12 pounds. But, it slowed down to 1 o 2 pounds now everyweek. Sometimes 3pounds and sometimes stays the same. I've learned to not live for the scale as much as I used to - instead, try to change the way I think about food in the long run. I want a sane relationship with food. Now don't get me wrong...I like to see a loss at the scale - but, I am learning that it won't happen every single time. Life/metabolism and other things can affect it.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

It's always so exciting to see that big drop in weight that first week but many of us have been conerned about losing too fast. For me that weight has always amounted to water weight. I say enjoy seeing that big drop and don't worry BUT don't get discouraged when you level off. Losing 1-3 lbs a week after that is actually normal and expected and when you hit plateaus you may not lose at all as your body adjusts. Have you taken a tape measure and taken your before measurements??? Those numbers are normally more accurate than the ones on the scale and proves you are losing actual inches.

Good luck, you're doing great!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote