Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #1  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Default Kick aerobics

Can two Kick Aerobic classes a week make much of a difference?
They are 1.5hrs long. I just truely cant get my head around exercise making that much of a difference unless your at hardcore "I start my day by goin to the gym" type person.
I lost the weight that I have from from the diet side of things, and the fact that I cycle to and from uni or work doesnt seem to make that much of a difference for me.
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #2  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Well, it'll help your overall health to do it. I personally just got back from a cardio kickboxing class at the gym (literally just came through the door!). I haven't always been a gung-ho exercise person, but I'm slowly becoming one in large part due to these classes! I wear a Heart Rate Monitor, and depending on how hard I work, I can burn 500-650 calories PER HOUR in a cardio kick class. And I have fun while I'm doing it!

Since losing weight the first time, I've realized that incorporating exercise is something I need to do in order to keep the weight off permanently. If it's a high intensity class and you burn, say, 750 calories per 1.5 hour class, then you're going to be burning 1500 calories per week. So, through exercise alone you'll take off maybe 1/3-1/2 of a pound (since one pound = 3500 calories).

But! Maybe you'll like it, and maybe it'll lead to a more active lifestyle for you in general. It's scary, but I've started BECOMING one of those "let's get up in the morning and go to the gym" people--when I was SO sedentary just a few months ago.

Last edited by Azure; 03-11-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #3  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Plus... while I wouldn't suggest eating back what you burn... I do sometimes think of exercise cals in terms of food cals. Let's say you go off plan and eat some type of 400 calorie dessert. Your exercise provides a little cushion so you aren't going to be gaining even though you didn't stick completely to your calorie plan.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #4  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

OMG yes that is 3 hours a week of hard core cardio. I promise you that will make a difference.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #5  
44lbs gone!

cheers everyone,
I cant see me burning 750kcals per class due to my size/height
more like 490kcals(from caloriesperhour) but hopefully that will give the boost I need seeing as getting back to a strict diet seems so hard nowadays as my BMR is ~1300

ty again

Hannah
Old 03-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Yes-exercise makes a TON of difference. Not only in weight loss, but in general health, and in how your body looks.

You can be thin and not be healthy. You can be thin and not be fit. You can be thin and still have a flat bum, saggy arms, or jiggly thighs if you are not that physically active.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:07 AM   #7  
44lbs gone!

Okay, went to another kick aerobics class today, an hour long, only a handful of people there and completely different, more focusing on technique, so I felt like a complete numpty with my bad co-ordination! and didn't work up a storm like before, I will be attending the Saturday class again for sure.
Also try to the the 1hr version on a monday as well.
Thanks again everyone!!
*hugs*