Old 03-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #1  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Unhappy Dang it, now what?

O.k. I am still here and still trying. Life has been overly stressful and I have been feeling discouraged in general---was doing WW points and lost and then gained some back---hopefully have kept off around 7 or 8 pounds. I am SO discouraged. I would give up, but I am too stubborn. I want to lose weight, dang it!!!!! I am not sure if I should keep doing WW, or take a chance and try something else. I lost a bunch of weight a few years ago by just eating less and mostly healthy and exercising a lot. I felt like I was in control, not someone else (like WW?). But I have had to take medicine that caused weight gain ( and still taking it--no, no alternatives for now, believe me, I checked). So I am afraid I won't be successful doing my own thing.

I just thought of posting here, because I know no matter how down and discouraged I get, you guys are always so supportive. I am going through job changes and a bunch of junk right now, so really stressed, but I need to see some progress anyhow. Ideas?? Thank you so very much. Take care.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #2  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Smile Look how much you've lost so far!

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I know it can get discouraging. I just started counting points about a month ago, at home on my own, and I weigh in weekly. When I first started, I ate, then journaled, and then figured the points. I figured I was eating over 40 points a day. I could have maintained my weight on that, but certainly could not have lost. I lost 10 pounds in the first month.

I have maintained these past 2 weeks due to PMS and using all+ of my weekly flex points. I'm happy with that! I know that the loss will come if I stick with it. I don't know about you, but I expect an average loss of 1 pound a week, putting me on a 2 year plan. I only exercise by walking 20 minutes a day during the work week. If I expect bigger losses, I'm going to have to exercise more, or use less of my weekly flex points, or both. I also know that I have to drink all my water, journal, and try not to allow the feeding frenzies that are my downfall during the evening. I am going to try to post here in my weak times.

You can do this, however you chose to go! You can be accountable here, at a WW meeting, with friends and co-workers, whatever works for you. But, you need to be accountable. I have found the saying to be true, "You can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results". I look forward to hearing about your continued journey. Beth
bethz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #3  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Please, please do the plan that works for you. Maybe try calorie counting. Does that provide more choices than WW? Maybe look into other plans and see what fits your life best. Hang in there. You have it in you (you're doing great!) but you need to do what you can stick to long term. Good luck to you!
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #4  

Congrats on your weight loss so far!
Just take it one day at a time... Sometimes, one minute, and one hour at a time!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

I really hope you figure out something that works for you. If ww isn't working then maybe try something else. You can always go back to ww if it doesn't work. Just don't give up. Keep trying until you find what works for you. You can do this!
joylove26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:21 AM   #6  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdkathy View Post
I would give up, but I am too stubborn. I want to lose weight, dang it!!!!!
Hold on to that feeling!

It's so easy to be discouraged, especially when there are health problems/medication issues, stresses that cause you to gain (or keep you from losing). I really do feel for you.

What ever plan you choose, you always have this support group here!
Healthy Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #7  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

{{{hugs}}}

Stress can derail you from a healthy eating program if you let it.
Do you exercise? This will really help you deal with stress. Heck - just punch a pillow for a while, that can feel great!

As far as plans go, any of them are really doing it on your own, not just WW. You don't have to be locked into any single program - why not try some different ones to find the one that is most comfortable for you? The key to success is planning. Plan your meals, plan your exercise, plan your time for you.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberlover View Post
As far as plans go, any of them are really doing it on your own, not just WW. You don't have to be locked into any single program - why not try some different ones to find the one that is most comfortable for you? The key to success is planning. Plan your meals, plan your exercise, plan your time for you.

Very well said. I've tried most of the commercial diets out there and a few unconventional ones as well. I have finally found something that works for me. I plan my meals and watch portions—yes that means measuring and weighing. I also plan my exercise in and then work my plan. So far it is working for me. If it stops working then I will definitely try something else. I know I have to do this the rest of my life and I want something I know I can stick with.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #9  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and...

start all over again! I think that is the line from a song.

Not much else I can add. I have had a couple of brief periods where I really floundered---last November and then again last month. I did what I call "regrouping the troops". I reviewed my food diaries, I took a look at what I had accomplished, and I set my jaw to "charge ahead!" It doesn't mean I wasn't disappointed that I felt I was about three months behind from where I had hoped to be but I always say to myself, "Self, did you learn something from this? Or what can you learn from this?" Then, I journal. I restate my overall objectives to myself and then I am "off again", riding in the wind full speed ahead.

Thanks for sharing, please know that you aren't alone, we hear you loud and clear.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:01 PM   #10  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Don't give up!! You have lost so much already, try and find the plan that will work best for you. WW might not be right for you and maybe something else will fit in your life better. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
Hopefulpinkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #11  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Thanks, guys. Feeling really down and discouraged in general today, so your encouragement means a lot to me. I will NOT give up!
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote