Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 08:54 PM   #1  

Default Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry

Marinade

6 tbsp. soy sauce (1 point)
1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar (0 points)
2 tsp. vegetable oil (2 points)
2 garlic cloves, minced (*I use minced garlic in jar) (0 points)

Cut 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts into thin strips.
(16 points)
Marinate chicken in above marinade in fridge for at least 2 hours. (I always do it overnight to absorb the most flavour)

For Stir-fry

1 tbsp. Vegetable oil (3 points)
1 head broccoli, cut into florets (0 points)
10 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms (0 points)
1 can drained, sliced water chestnuts (1 point)
1 tbsp. cornstarch (?)

In wok, or heavy skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil 1 minute. Add marinated chicken, saving soy sauce mixture (Use a slotted spoon as you need this mixture for later). Cook 3 minutes until no longer pink. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon. Add broccoli, mushrooms and water chestnuts to wok; cook 1 minute (or more if needed). Return chicken to wok. In measuring cup, stir soy sauce mixture and cornstarch until smooth; add to wok. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes until thickened. Serve hot over rice (4 points per cup).

Makes 6 servings. Per serving: 252 calories; 39 g. protein; 6 g. fat; 87 mg. chol; 11 g. carbs; 1,146 mg. sodium

***Here is where I need help. When I add up the total points for the dish, it comes to 23. If I divide that by 6, it comes out to roughly 4 points per serving. If I use above calculations, there is no fibre listed, so it comes out to 6 points per serving. I know there is fibre in this recipe but I'm not sure how many grams to use in the calcuation. Also - how big is a serving? I would suggest that it would be easier to divide 23 points by 4 and count it as 6 points. Then, serve over rice and you have a lovely 10 point meal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:51 PM   #2  
stbakd

your reciepe looks good

hefty
Old 04-12-2002, 10:04 PM   #3  

Thanks - it is delicious. I think it may look a little complicated or time-consuming but it's really not. Probably the hardest thing is remembering to marinate the chicken the night before you are going to to have it. I have, on occasion, forgotten to marinate the chicken, so have stir fried the chicken on its own, and then put it in the marinade while I chop up the rest of the vegetables. That way, it gives it some time to absorb some more of the marinade, and will add more flavour. Let me know if you try it and what you think! Thanks for responding. Have a great weekend.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:34 AM   #4  
Dan

Wink only 3 WW pts

Hi Andreasmom,

I have put your recipe on my Weight Watchers CD with and without the rice. It only comes out to 3 WW points per serving for 6 servings.

I live in the Toronto area and would be happy to email you the recipes with the nutritional facts on them so you can see how they are figured out. If you would like to contact me directly and send me your address.

Contact me at: [email protected]

By the way I can't wait to try it myself sounds delicious.
Old 05-26-2002, 01:20 PM   #5  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Where can you get a cd that figrues out points for a recipe?? I would love to have that!

Any info would be great. I live in Barrie, ON and not alot of things are available in Canada.

Angie
Old 05-26-2002, 07:59 PM   #6  
Dan

Hi Angie,

I found the disc at the Office Place and it's called the Deluxe Weight Watchers Light and Tasty (for Windows) It has its own recipes and you can also add any of your own.

I add my own recipes (I have created my own Cookbook on the disc) and it gives you all the nutritional values after which I take out my best friend "My Calculator" (from WW) and have it do the points for me. I will then add it to the bottom of the recipe so that when I make that particular dish I know how many servings, points etc there are.

Hope this helps you if not you can still contact me directly if you want any other info.
Old 05-27-2002, 07:07 AM   #7  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you! I bid on one at ebay last night, and won! So hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will get here. I hope I got the right thing!

Good luck, and again thanks!

Angie
Closed Thread