Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #1  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Inspiration

I'm a newbie here, but well acquainted with the roller-coaster of weight loss. In an effort to support my current managed eating plan, I am re-reading a book I first read in 2003.

Although this book is mostly about beginning to run, the author, John "The Penguin" Bingham, has a perspective on beginning exercising that I find absolutely inspiring in a general sense. I know the book has been mentioned on the forums before, but not lately, as far as I could tell. I really feel it is worth being brought to the forefront again, particularly at this time of year when winter just seems to be dragging on and on and on, and the weather can make it so difficult to just get outdoors.

At 43, John went from being an overweight, unfit, smoking, couch potato in a body he didn't believe was built for running, to being a runner, redefining the term 'runner' along the way.

For those of us who can come up with a million reasons not to move, I believe it is a must-read.

Waddlin' on,
Ti'an
Daffy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

Hey Daffy -

I love that book! In fact, it helped convince me that I could run a marathon and now I've done three.
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Thanks for the suggestion! I will try to look for it soon.
xMeaganx is offline   Reply With Quote