South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #1  

Default Are these allowed

Does anyone know if the Morningstar Farms Asian Burgers are allowed in Ph1?
Unlike the Morningstar Farms Garden Burger, the Asian Burger does not have brown rice. They are sooooooooooo good but I'm scared I messed up on my restart. I would appreciate anyones help in this matter.
sluggo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:39 PM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I looked up the contents and I'd avoid them because of all of the corn products and the sugar (and the unpronounceables)

CARROTS, WATER CHESTNUTS (WATER CHESTNUTS, WATER, CITRIC ACID), CELERY, WATER, BAMBOO SHOOTS, ONION, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, CORN OIL, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, SALT, WHEAT), EGG WHITES, CORNSTARCH, GREEN ONIONS, SUGAR, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF WHEAT PROTEIN, SESAME SEED OIL, SALT, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, GARLIC, MALTODEXTRIN, YEAST EXTRACT, SPICES, NATURAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES WITH CHABLIS WINE SOLIDS, DEXTROSE, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, METHYLCELLULOSE, DEHYDRATED PINEAPPLE JUICE, MALIC ACID, WHEY POWDER, CITRIC ACID, DISTILLED WHITE VINEGAR, DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, CARAMEL COLOR, LACTIC ACID, ASCORBIC ACID, CARRAGEENAN, TURMERIC FOR COLOR.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

You wonder who in the world thinks up all the ingredients for something like that. THere are two kinds of sugars in there and corn starch which is a highly refined corn product.
Spiritmagejkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'd avoid them, with the cornstarch and sugar in them. The concept of eating the South Beach way is to avoid all those unnecessary added ingredients and chemicals. It looks like they went overboard with these! Do you know how many grams of sugar are in one serving?
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:52 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sluggo, the main problem here is that the first ingredient is carrots. They are fine in Phase 2, but carrots aren't allowed in Phase 1. I always forget that when I redo it, because it's so hard to think of carrots as "bad!"

Watch for cravings--if you get even a twinge, extend your Phase 1 by a day or two. It takes me 3 days to detox, but I usually do P1 for at least five when I have to get rid of cravings, just to make sure I nip 'em in the bud.

When you hit Phase 2, you might want to try the MorningStar Tomato & Basil Pizza Burgers. They are to die for! There are some bad ingredients, but they are all listed as part of the 2% or less part of the ingredient list, so they don't worry me. I ate these every week during my first year or so on SBD, and I lost over 100 pounds, so I think, at least for me, they didn't cause any cravings. However, I never ate them in P1.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote