Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back In Kindergarten #38

Hello and to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Okay, got caught up on the posts!

Hello ladies!

MINDEE...I see nothing wrong with taking lots of pictures. Once I was able to get a camera I took pictures of everyone and everything, and still do! Loved the pictures and love your new avatar! I had DD's ears pierced when she was only 4 months old. I figured she would do it eventually so why not do it for her and take care of her ears, plus she wouldn't mess with them at that age.

SUSAN... to 159! Proud of you missy! Superbad was named correctly because it was superbad, lol. There were some funny parts but overall it was stupid...more of a teen movie too, I think.

JULES...of course you can come, and bring that adorable baby, we may have to fight over him though. I am just not cut out for the drama, ugh. It's enough with my own kids but then thru in a DIL to be and ugh. Apparently she needs a lot of attention...whatever. You know, it's not that I am going to do anything with Josh's room...it will stay the same-I don't think he even wants to take the furniture, which is fine. But if he is getting married I think he needs to take his clothes and all the other crap, or do something with it. Not a big deal...I could just store other crap in there I'm kidding.

Hello SUE, KATY & FRANCIE...hoping all is well with you ladies.

And speaking of the DIL to be...when V gets home we will be off for him to get fitted for his tux...he is going to be Josh's bestman. Then going to go watch Cambrie at her gymnastics and then off to dinner with Charlotte and the kids. V said "Oh the fun never ends does it?" I told him it hasn't begun yet. Anyway...

My back is being stupid so I have to be careful. Going to do a bunch of short walks on the treadmill thru out the day. I do NOT want it to go out. Going to start a food journal today also because I was weighing every day and from Thursday-Saturday morning I supposedly gained 6 pounds I know for a fact there is no way I did and I don't know what I ate that it would throw that up like that...it's crazy! What I don't like is that I started weighing every day so I am not doing that anymore...but at the same time, if I hadn't last week I would have been more shocked at the gain. Anyway...that's about all I have.

Take care ladies, and have a wonderful day!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:51 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

Good Morning - -

This site is so fricking slow today, I swear. I can't write now, I am in a pissy mood. Ugh...I want a pastry! haha

anyway - I will come back later. I just wanted to say good morning and I posted some pictures of the girls from the visit to the pumpkin patch last Oct @ myspace. I know - super late. I also have one of me and Gab on our trip to Arkansas in Nov, I think I was 174 in that picture!

k- adios - I need to go calm down.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-03-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

Ok, I have *centered* aren't we all thrilled

Mindee- Cute on the ear piercings for Marissa! Gab won't let me do her ears, I should have done them when she was younger.

Sassy - Hope the Hubby is feeling better!

Cristina - Is there a wedding date? Sweet that V is going to be best man. I don't think it is mean to want his things moved out, like you said he is getting married. Have Char come and box the stuff up,lol. I told Rach she was moving out at 18 and she let out a sob and said "don't say that, that scares me".

I had oatmeal and a banana for breakfast. I read until mid night - I am reading Me talk pretty one day (?) I think by David Sardise. It is so funny, I need to look up his other books.

k- I guess that is it. I take Gab for another PTA movie, Dustin Hoffman and the toy store one...forget the name.

Hope you all are having a good day.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #5  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

I am taking a quick me time while all three kids are talking naps. I need to get me something to eat, make a dinner list/grocery list.....and write Brandon's teacher a note in his Monday folder.

Cristina~ My mom has always paid to get her grand kids ears pierced if the parents would let them. So, we took Marissa to get them done, and paid for them. Then when my dad got home, we got the money back. But all in all, she has been great with her ears being pierced. She has yet to play with them like we thought that she would.

SusieQ~ We were going to get them done right when she was at the age, which is I believe 3 months old. But we kept getting the chance to get them done, but didn't have the money for them. So, this time when my mom said that she would pay for them if we wanted to get them done, we jumped on it!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Hello ladies, and a Happy Tuesday to you!

SUSAN...oh yeah, I thought I had mentioned...the wedding is set for May2...will be here before you know it! So stupid...after asking V to be the best man, and I am not sure how that is going to go, but whatever...she has decided that her 8-year-old son is going to be the ring bearer/best man. I asked her why we were there for a fitting...V can be a groomsman. Originally, her son was going to walk her down the aisle, now her dad is so...ugh! It's her wedding...just give me the invite and I will be there. Sorry the site was slow for ya. I checked out the pics...they are great! You don't look like you were at 174...look smaller, a lot smaller! But the Gabster is growing like a weed...I didn't realize how tall she is.

MINDEE...that's nice of your momma. That was one reason we had DD's done so young...she never messed with her ears. Is Brandon going to school daily? Bet he is lovin' it!

SASSY...what's up with you missy? Are you back at work? Ugh, can't keep up, lol. Any news about your mom and the test?

SUE...hoping all is well with you and yours.

FRANCIE...whacha reading now missy? I know it's something good!

KATY...Miss knitting queen...what are you working on now?

JULES...how is Teri doing? Did she enjoy her weekend with her momma? I bet Ryan is getting excited about moving to Oregon.

I think I got everyone...

Nothing going on with me today. Had some errands to run this morning so haven't gotten my exercise done yet. One of the errands was to get some flowers and cards for our neighbor/V's supervisor. They live about 5 or 6 houses down from us and him and his wife both ride bikes/motorcycles. Well, Saturday they were out and about and she hit some dirt/sand on the road and tried to correct and lost control, went into a ravine and some barbed wire and the wire almost cut her arm off from the shoulder down to her arm pit, ouch! They weren't sure they would be able to save the arm but did...terrible thing to happen to anyone. She's pretty beat up but is doing fine. She's home now. Anyway...have lots of laundry to do today and exercise to get done.

Hoping all is well with you in your little corner of the world.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #7  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon -

Day has gotten away from me!

Cristina - Thank you for the nice comments. I was 177 when I came back from Arkansas, I was 171 when I went there, I am guessing at the 174 in that one picture.
I gained 6 pounds in a week, yikes. Anway , thanks for the comments on myspace! I posted some more today from the trip but can't read what you wrote til tomorrow when my computer time isn't filtered.
anyway - there was nothing to eat at his mothers house but fried foods and velvetta. I was close to tears and blamed Gaby's dad for my suffering - lol. We did escape once to a fast food joint and I had a small hamburger, fingering that beats chicken nuggets. His mother had all these gadgets in her house and I sat down for the 1st dinner to nuggets and french fries, all made in her deep frier....and there was an assortment of sauces....and she called it *Gaby's Dinner*.....anyway - I am sure I told this before.,,,kind of the Best of Susan's Rants...haha.

You might have mentioned May 2nd? I am not sure. Wow , 2 months away?? You must be busy getting ready!! Sounds exciting. I think my ex husband has a daughter getting married in May too. Not that that means anything. ....lol

So, Gab, Rach and I went to our 2nd PTA movie last night, the Dustin Hoffman - toy store one. It was so- so.....I like Jason Bateman, always had a crush on him when growing up, so that made it watchable. Gab laughed and thought it was good. She kepts saying "it's magic" all the way home. Our next movie is Fred Claus.

Had a lunch of chicken and broccoli w/ cottage cheese, finished my *Me Speak Pretty One Day* book....it was very good, I would recommend that one, very funny. So, back to my shopaholic books.

k- guess that is my update!
Chat later ......
Old 03-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #8  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....I am listening to a little girlie saying "dada" over and over again. I am about to start dinner here in a couple of minutes.

Cristina~ Man, the wedding is fast approaching!! Our anniversary is May 11th.....and what I like....is every couple of years it falls on Mother's Day! (our first anniversary fell on Mother's Day.....and this year it falls on Mother's day!) Yup, he does go to school every day! Monday they went to the book fair, and he made a list of books that he liked. they are learning about dental hygiene this week.

SusieQ~ I have been seeing the previews for that movie and have been wondering if it is worth seeing. The boys seem to get a kick out of the commercials when they come on.

I will be back later.....I gotta run.....long day so far, and thank goodness dinner time and then bed time is approaching fastly!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Girls.

Hi Girls.

Its a cold and rainy dreary night here. Just makes you wanna sleep. Infact I had a hard time waking up this evening. But I did......

I was a bad girl tonight and had pizza and it wasn't even good pizza!!! lol. So not worth it! lol. Aw well.

DH went to the dr this morning and guess what? He has two bad ear infections. The dr said he doesn't know if its the ear infections that gave him the flu-like symptoms or the flu that gave him the ear infections. But he gave him some anti-biotics.

Cristina -- Yup I am back at work. Just think instead of M-F I work M-W, only nights. So I am off Thursday-Sunday's. Hope your back doesn't go out, mine is being kinda "cranky" too with all this darn rain!!! lol. We have to be careful.

Hi Ya Susan -- hope your in a better mood. I was in a very sleepy mood today, still cannot totally "wake-up" and I've been up for hours. lol. Oh well they don't need me to be awake at work, just have to be here, right? DH showed me trailers of a bunch of movies he wants to see. I can't remember them all as he showed me when I first got up. lol.

Mindee -- aww that is cute. So how long before she says "mama"?? lol.

Hi to everybody else out there!!! I hope you are doing well!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #10  

Sassy~ I hope your hubby starts to feel better soon! She already says mama.....but she has to be mad when she says it. (I am taking it as a sign of what the future holds when she is a teenager!)
Old 03-05-2008, 09:07 AM   #11  
RosieKate

Hiya!

Just wanted to drop by and say hi! I may bbl, as I may be home with a sick girl today. She had a bad sore throat when she went to bed last night.

Sent off my first test knit - and they loved it, so that's done. I finished a shawl also....pics on my blog.

I'll catch up with individuals later...have a great day!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:51 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Sassy - Yes, it is a proven fact that gross tasting pizza doesn't count. caloriewise. You can eat as much as you want and be a.ok. haha. Wow, so you must work 12 hour shifts?? I kind of like your hours!

Mindee- The Dustin Hoffman I would say is for 5 yr's old and over.We sat in a crowded theater with all age of kids. I think they were ansty when there was a lot of conversation going on and the movie had that. It was cute in spots but also dragged on. I hope Alvin in the chipmunk or even Enchanted is better.

Katy - Saw Miss L last night, sorry she is not feeling good today!! I just dropped Gab off w/ Rach and her boyfriend and did a lap around the park. Congrats on you 1st test knit

anyway - busy w/ job search and helping Rach get into this college program at the community college, it works towards her high school diploma, along w/ college credits when completed. I hope she gets in. She has testing today and tomorrow and she will go where McDreamy works on Friday and chat with a *prep* person.
That isn't McD .....I hope. lol I don't think so he doesn't know that much about the program so I don't think he is involved.

k- tons to do!! Chat at you all later.

Hi to Cristina, Jules, Sue, Francie, and Michelle!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-05-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #13  
One day at a time

Hiya Chickies!

SUSAN...I like your way of thinking lady! So as long as the pizza is crappy I can eat all I want and it doesn't count? I just want to get it straight for the next time I eat pizza...I will make sure they make it crappy, Hey, that is GREAT! I am glad Rachel is thinking of college, good for her! And I only tell it like I see it! The pictures were great and when I read about all the greasy food, yuck! Okay, but I have to say...not everyone from the south fries everything. Growing up my mother did but we also had lots of veggies. She doesn't so much now and I definitely don't! The thought of grease makes me gag. About the wedding...not a lot that we need to do to get ready...we will do the rehearsal dinner, or rather go somewhere, I am doing the favors...hersey kisses in a little bag and then candles wrapped in the netting stuff. Our part is mainly opening the old wallet and forking out some moola in the form of gifts though. Well, and I need a dress but now I have two, lol...just need to decide which one I want. Oh and V has to rent a tux. Also gotta find a song for the mother/son dance I think I found what I want but going to pick a few and decide. I know I am going to cry, geez I hate crying but I am getting choked up just trying to find a stinking song so I know the wedding will make the tears flow. Wondering if I should even bother with makeup. Anywho...

SASSY... you are not a bad girl for eating pizza. With me I have learned and found that what works for me is being able to eat what I want, in moderation of course. The minute I tell myself a certain food is off limits is the minute I want it more and end up on a binge. But that is me and that is what works for me. I know some have to take certain foods out of their diet completely. Everyone is different. Yes, we do have to be careful with our backs and I hate that! But then I got it from my mother...she has a bad back, or I am assuming I got it from her. got everything else, lol.

MINDEE...yeah, my BD & Anniversary are May 12 and it too is on Mother's Day every four years. If I had to do it over I would not have gotten married on my birthday, just seemed like a good idea at the time, lol. But yeah, the wedding is fast approaching...I will be glad when it's over! While at the place for Cambrie's gymnastics...it was so cute by the way, there was a woman there with her daughters and the one looked to be about a year old and she was saying dada. The woman said "why is it the first words out of their mouths is dada when we do all the work" too cute! I love when the little ones start talking.

KATY...WTG on your first test knit! That is too cool and I will check out your blog! Hope little Leigh gets to feeling better, poor little thing.

Anywho...nothing really going on today. Went to take a dress back and ended up with two, lol. I like them both and can't decide...I wanted something fun, cute looking, and not something that says "old woman" Just because I am the mother of the groom doesn't mean I have to look like it, lol! Too many pretty dresses out there for sure. Of course for the most part the ones I saw that I really liked they didn't have my size, ugh! Hoping I can decide between these two, take the other back and then get a little cardigan and shoes. Working on finding a song, I think I already said that, going crazy here. This wedding is stressing me out and it's not even mine!

Going to go grab an energy drink and then get some exercise done...I am a slacker so far this week.

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Opinions ladies...

I think these are the top four songs I have, what do you think? And be honest!

Simple Man...Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Man You've Become...Molly Pasutti
Child of Mine...Carole King
The Prayer...Andrea Bocelli & Celine Dion

Even though possibly Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra or if you ladies have any suggestions please I need help!
Old 03-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Katy - Love the shawl!!!

Cristina - I like Fly me to the moon! Just because of Frank Sinatra and it is a fun song. I am already weapy just thinking of a son-mother dance - a fun, jazzy song would help you not to cry

You shouldn't take my diet tips to heart!! lol It would be great if we could eat all the so so pizza and not have it count!

I wish you luck on finding a dress!! I saw a black one today that looked kind of Gothic looking - you could wear a mask and look like Batmans Mom.....lol. jk......I am sure you will look lovely in whatever you decide

k- back to the grind, just wanted to say hello!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-05-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Closed Thread