Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

Default Up, down, up, WAY down, WAY up

So I'm just finishing out my TOM, but the scale is so frustrating! I weighed in Thursday (my official record day) and I was 207, the next day I was 208, then I was 207 on Saturday, down to 206 Sunday and back up to a whopping 210 today. Eeek! I imagine it's just water weight, I have being weighing myself at the same time in the am. I also fell off the wagon a bit this weekend, I could not hold back! I was craving fatty food like crazy. So I indulged a bit. I had mac&cheese and burritos during the course of Saturday and I had turkey chili and cornbread yesterday in addition to a potluck I went to in the am. I attribute this craziness to my TOM, but it's over now, or just about so I need to get back on the horse! I have no problem eating good during the work week but the weekends kill me. Aside from the crazy eating, I painted my kitchen and volunteered for a Feral Cat Coalition Clinic and dogsat two of my sister's big dogs. Ah! I'm actually glad the weekend is over so I can get back to a nomral routine!

Thanks for letting me vent. I love you all!
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Gosh--I can't think of anything to say that you don't know already! Someone on 3FC once said, If you are eating at weight loss levels during the week, and then going off plan and overeating on weekends, it's called... maintenance! (At least some folks' version of it.) So, I wouldn't be expecting a weight loss for a week or so...

But hang in there! Keep trying!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

I weigh anywhere from 117 to 121 during each DAY depending on how much water I drink, if I weigh in the morning, if I weigh at night, etc. It has nothing to do with gaining or losing weight?

Don't upset yourself over a different number each day. Worrying about this will just upset you over a number that - literally - does not exist!

Check out Kim Lyon's new book. In her introduction, she posts her own weight 4 times in one day. It fluctuates about 4 pounds. Totally normal. It happens when your body is composed mostly of water.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

There's a great thread stickied at the top of this forum about why scales fluctuate. Doesn't make it any less frustrating, but at least you know you aren't alone!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #5  
Cookie??!?!!

S/C/G: 145/143/120

Height: 5'4

Sacha I noticed you are basically in the same weight range as me when you started losing weight. What did you do to lose it? I eat low carb and work out 5-6 day a week and I'm barely losing. I do the treadmill in intervals RUn and walk. But I hurt my knee and the doc said no running for 2 weeks. But even when I was running I wasnt losing. Also how long did it take you?

Last edited by Sarae878; 03-04-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Sarae878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarae878 View Post
Sacha I noticed you are basically in the same weight range as me when you started losing weight. What did you do to lose it? I eat low carb and work out 5-6 day a week and I'm barely losing. I do the treadmill in intervals RUn and walk. But I hurt my knee and the doc said no running for 2 weeks. But even when I was running I wasnt losing. Also how long did it take you?
It took me 1 year to take it off and I have maintained it for 3+ years now!

My weight loss was primarily due to diet changes. I eat 1800-2000 calories per day and 6 meals. This is my typical day:

Breakfast: Green tea, 1 litre water, egg whites with vegetables, piece of whole grain toast (dry or with almond butter), apple
Snack: 1 whole grain wrap with 1 can tuna and 1/2 cup salsa
Lunch: Spinach salad with 1 hard boiled egg, small piece of low-fat skim milk cheese, about 150grams low-fat turkey, tiny amount of vinagrette dressing
Pre workout: 1 cup cottage cheese (1 hour before), 1/2 cup strawberries
Workout:1 hour strength training (heavy weights, I do p90x) and MAYBE some cardio (intervals are 20 minutes: 1 min 3.0mph walk, 1 min 10.0mph run)
Postworkout: Protein shake
Dinner: 1.5 cup pasta with unlimited vegetables, a bit of sauce, ground turkey
Snack: Maybe some popcorn (dry, nothing added)

Twice a week I get a 'treat'. Until the end of April that's been a Cadbury easter egg (one per week), and maybe a starbucks latte (once a week).

Strict??? Yah, but if I was to eat anything in butter/fat, I would probably vomit because my stomach is unable to handle most processed foods now.

Boyfriend and I usually do a 4-5 mile run on the weekend (when I don't work), I probably run 8-10 miles per week. I HATE running, but, it's important for me. But I love weight training. 5lb pink dumbbells are NOT allowed! ha!

If you have any more questions please let me know.

Signed,

the **formerly** overweight asthmatic non-athlete!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #7  

When you say you work out 5/6 days per week what does that include???

I eat about 40% carbs. Carbohydrates are very important for your body and to maintain energy for an efficient workout. They are the friend, not the enemy.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #8  
Cookie??!?!!

S/C/G: 145/143/120

Height: 5'4

35min walk-run Usually 15 min run 20 min walk
20 min strength training
Sarae878 is offline   Reply With Quote