View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #13
Glory87

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
As for the sugar, I am convinced it is just like a drug. The more you have it the more you want it. And therefore, IMO, you must do without it completely. Just like an alcoholic or a heroin addict. That that one drink or that one hit of herion will send you spiraling out of control. And therefore it is a BIG no-no, and can not be part of ones life, especially in the first months of a weight loss program. Yes, it's difficult the first 10 days - 2 weeks. But you just must somehow, someway STICK to it - and then it gets waaay easier and you feel better and you wonder why in the world you didn't do away with it beforehand.
It's so easy to respond to posts when I can just quote Robin. I never thought I could just quit eating sugar, but I can barely articulate how immensely freeing it is to be out from under sugar's thumb. I used to feel crazy and out of control but now I realize it wasn't ME (I mean, of course it was MY hand and MY mouth) it was the sugar and a body genetically hard wired to feast on high energy foods whenever they were available.

I didn't give it up forever, I eat sugar now (usually in controlled ways, like splitting a dessert in a restaurant) but completely giving it up in the beginning was one of the greatest keys to my success, finally, for once in my life I wasn't RULED by sugar.

My very long weight loss story

"I saw an angel in the marble and I chiseled until I set it free."
Michelangelo
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote