South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 6

Default How much did you lose in phase 1?

I just started south beach a few days ago. I don't want to get my expectations up too high, so I'm taking a poll.... how much did you lose during the first two weeks of phase 1?
Old 03-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

I think it all depends on how you ate before as well as your original body weight. When I did it before (I'm just starting again) a few years ago, I lost 6 and was thrilled.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

I also lost 6 during phase 1..and 4 more since then for a total of 10 for the first month. I seem to have stalled out lol.. but have since added the exercising into my routine.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #4  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

The first time I did SBD I lost 8 or 10 pounds on ph 1
This time I lost 12 pounds on ph 1, but then stalled for a couple weeks. I finished ph 1 mid January. I did not see any more weight loss until February. For all of February, I lost 5 more pounds. So since January 1, I am down 17 pounds. Slow and steady as she goes! I found that when I started consistent, intentional exercise the pounds started coming off again.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #5  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

When I first started SB in May 07 I lost 13lbs on phase 1 and at the beginning of the year when I did phase 1 again I lost 6lbs
Old 03-03-2008, 02:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I've done it twice, 5 lbs. each time.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #7  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

I have done phase 1 once and lost 13lbs.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #8  
Determined to lose!

I think this is a dangerous poll. We ALL have different eating habits, work habits, exercise habbits (or lack thereof), different body types, health issues which ALL contribute to how much you will lose during any phase of a new eating style. Another thing will differ is what exercise you do or don't do. For instance, last month I lost five inches, but only 2 1/2 lbs (according to curves)... but some of the fat turned into muscle, which we all know weighs more.

The reason I feel this is a dangerous poll is that if you know some of us lost 10 - 20 lbs the first week, other's 5 -10, others 1-5, and get your hopes up for the higher, yet only acheive the lower, you are likely to get discouraged from trying this.

SB is not a diet, rather a change of eating habits... learning how our bodies work, what nutrients it needs to function like a "well oiled machine", and encorporating that into our daily lives, for life. For some of us it truly is a matter of life or death.

Best wishes to you.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #9  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Ditto on what Loriann said

Loriann said it best.

I lost 12 lbs the first time I did Phase one and I was only on it 10 full days because I ran out of groceries.

I decided to do Phase One a second time last week and lost 9 lbs on six days.

The more important question is not how much weight have you lost during Phase One but how much are you truly willing to change your eating habits meal to meal, day to day, week to week, month to month, etc. until you have reached your goal weight??? And, then continue to do that. Ask that question! (sorry if I sound grouchy but I am just very serious about this)

I almost wished there wasn't a Phase One. It lures people in for a quick weight lose but it's not enough time to lose the "fat head" that is sitting on top of the fat body. I'm speaking only about myself.

After a second and more difficult "run" (see my other post to see what I mean) with Phase One, I have decided that no more flip-flopping on this.

No more delivery pizzas, homemade fudge nor eating whatever "looks good" but "sort of" is SBD in restaurants. It's all or nothing for me!

P.S. For all of those purists, I am also going to start counting calories while on Phase Two. I am expecting fall out on that but I don't know when "full" is and when I saw how many calories I can put away eating unlimited lean protein I realized I need something as a "checkpoint" for me. So, you can rake me over the coals but I have to do what I have to do for me. I'm tweaking Dr. A's plan so I can lose weight. I love you all but I still am losing weight for me.

Just thought I'd announce it here so you all won't be shocked when you see my mini-goal. I want results. I am enjoying the health benefits of eating so healthy but yes you can still remain fat even if you are (over)eating healthy. (No, I'm not talking about the pizza or the fudge.) Sorry, but it is true!

Last edited by pamatga; 03-03-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #10  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Pam-I don't think anyone will rake you over the coals. Many here also count calories. I have to count calories.
I started using FitDay from recommendations here at 3FC. I only use the free one. I do NOT use it for exercise or calories burned...I have heard from 3FC forums that portion of FitDay isn't accurate. It takes a bit of time to plug in your foods. I had to do alot of custom foods. Once you use it for a week or so, it gets easier.
I really like being able to see the percentages of carbs/protein/fats. It is also easy to see where the majority of your calories or fat grams are coming from and helped me to change a few things in my diet.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Pam I started counting calories last week as I too have a portion problem sometimes. I don't think anyone will have a problem with it as there have been many who have done it to get a handle on their eating. Good luck~
Old 03-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 6

Some people on this forum need to chill out!!! If you don't like the question or think it's "dangerous" than just don't answer it. I was just trying to get an average. I do use fitday (as you can see, I lost 30 pounds before I even started south beach) and I do count calories. I'm no newbie to diets, so I know what kind of changes I have to make and that they have to be for life. I didn't want a lecture, just a poll..... get over yourselves.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 126/119/100

Height: 4'10

I don't think anyone was trying to be mean or pushy...just helpful. Please don't take it the wrong way. I'm sure everyone was just trying to be helpful. No harm meant.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Easy, chickies!

This question is asked at least once a month. Perhaps I should combine all the threads and put them into the FAQ Section.

In the meantime, I'm closing this thread because it has the potential to turn nasty and I hate sand throwing!
Closed Thread