View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
julzchiki

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'3"

Thank you for sharing your wisdom and successes. So much of what you have all said are actions I must take and will take, particularly about loving myself. I don't know how to do that very well and it has to be a conscious decision each moment when I hit a wall.

As I get heavier, I am seeing sugar to be like a drug. If I eat it my body craves more even though my brain says "hello, you don't need to eat that". I think I will set a 14 day goal of no sugar and see how I feel. May I come back here for accountability and support on that? (I think I'll start a new thread for that.)

WebRover, your to Heather's commnet about motivation vs commitment hit a note with me as well. It has to be commitment or on the hard days nothing will get me to stay on program. It's so easy to fall off the wagon.

My first goal is focus on the present by setting daily goals (rather than be overwhelmed with all the weight that needs to be lost) and weekly goals to work on with no attention to the distant future. It'll be tough because I'm easily overwhelmed with "there's so much work to be done".

For those who have fallen off the wagon with exercise... what did you do to reinvigorate your desire to exercise. I like the way it makes me feel but right now the thought of going to a gym makes me ill. Isn't that weird? If you have any ideas on how I can get excited about it again, I'm all ears.

Goals:
254.8. START. 1/27/12

Find me (julzchiki) and my diet progress on "Lose It!".
julzchiki is offline   Reply With Quote