Old 03-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default March - NSV's

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #2  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

The first person who didn't know I was losing weight noticed and commented! It took 31 pounds for it to happen.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #3  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Default She asked me why?

I have a part time job, working graveyard at a gas station on weekends. A customer came in last night, and remembers me from Quizno's (I had stopped in a total of 4 times ordering those new 200 calorie Sammies). She had asked why I hadn't stopped in lately, and I explained that I was keeping a tighter grip on my calorie counting. She had asked if I was on a diet. I replied that I indeed was on a diet. She then asked me, "Why?"

Some people at work have commented I look "just fine" (meaning I don't need to lose anymore). These same people seem shocked when I explain that I am still considered obese (per BMI chart, and BodyFat hydrostatic test done at a local college).

It took many years at seeing myself in a mirror, or in pictures, and seeing how fat I was. I imagine it will take years, or plastic surgery, to see myself in a different view.

I am slowly getting the impression (with the help of that Quizno's employee) that people don't view me as a fatso anymore.

Also, NSV#2. Same night. A police officer (we work out at the same times at the gym), was bragging about me to his fellow officer about my workouts.

Two compliments, one night! Dayuuum!
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #4  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

That's incredible Fresno! My NSV today was getting into size 18 jeans, down from a tight 22. They are stretch jeans (lol and I hate stretch jeans, I haven't seen a pair of non stretch on the racks in years) so I don't know if I'm a true 18 but i'll take it!
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #5  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gela View Post
That's incredible Fresno! My NSV today was getting into size 18 jeans, down from a tight 22. They are stretch jeans (lol and I hate stretch jeans, I haven't seen a pair of non stretch on the racks in years) so I don't know if I'm a true 18 but i'll take it!
I think I mentioned somewhere here on 3FC, that I just did a wardrobe overhaul, courtesy of a local thrift store. Bought size 40 pants, and some 38's and 36's (goal is to get down to 35-36" - 5" to go!!). Anyways, the 38's weren't anywhere near closing on me (this is the end of January this year). Last week I tried them on. It took some convincing to close them, but I was able to. There will be no bending over/sitting down with these pants. Hopefully in a month or so I'll be a little more comfortable in them.

I guess that's a belated Feb NSV for me?
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #6  
since 10/23/07

S/C/G: 286/ticker/136

Height: 5'5"

My NSV today is that I passed my black belt test!!
jay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Jay - Congratulations! That's fabulous.
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:18 PM   #8  
Beach Bum

Congrats everyone! I love to hear NSV's. I find them encouraging. It helps me look for those positive things even when the scale is being a beast and seems slow or stuck.
March NSV's-walked the treadmill at a faster speed today and down from 24 pants to 22.

Last edited by SkinnyDogMom; 03-01-2008 at 11:19 PM.
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:21 AM   #9  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoBeeDude View Post
I think I mentioned somewhere here on 3FC, that I just did a wardrobe overhaul, courtesy of a local thrift store. Bought size 40 pants, and some 38's and 36's (goal is to get down to 35-36" - 5" to go!!). Anyways, the 38's weren't anywhere near closing on me (this is the end of January this year). Last week I tried them on. It took some convincing to close them, but I was able to. There will be no bending over/sitting down with these pants. Hopefully in a month or so I'll be a little more comfortable in them.

I guess that's a belated Feb NSV for me?
Absolutely! Keep it up they'll be falling off in no time!
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #10  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on all the NSVs!!

Today I had one. I was walking downtown with DH. The weather was warmer today, and I wore my leather jacket instead of the bulky winter one. I saw our reflection in a store window and realized that we looked pretty much like a normal couple. Not like the guy walking with the fat girl.
It was so weird. I had to stop DH for a minute so I could just look LOL! At least he is used to those little things now
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #11  

Height: 5'3"

Hi All...

I'm new here but I have two NSVs from this weekend. First, I am down a jean size! Whoohoo! A COMFORTABLE size, too - they fit well, look good and I know even these will be loose in no time :-)

Second, I've been doing 40-60 minutes of cardio 4-6 times a week since the first week of January. I'm not a runner. I never have been but I do push myself on the treadmill/elliptical/bike. Well, today I was competing with my dog to earn his second herding title and we had a bit of a bobble...well I had to RUN with him to get the sheep we'd dropped and I was able to do it...and didn't feel like I was going to die afterwards. LOL. I think that meant more to me than earning his title today!
BernerDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #12  
Junior Fat Chick

S/C/G: 236/233.5/140

Height: 5'5

I received roses from my husband for my dedication to a healither me.
clburchett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #13  
Beach Bum

Awwwww...what a sweet, sweet hubby!
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #14  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

I bought pants today that are down a size (16) and fit comfortably.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

My dress clothes are hanging on me. I am going to have to buy new tops. Good thing I only dress up for church. My sweats still can be worn baggy.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote