Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 08:50 AM   #1  

Question Embarassed?

When I am unable to walk outside I put on a video. BUT if my hubby comes home I immediately turn it off and quit. I am emabarassed to exercise with anyone else there. Am I off my rocker or do others feel the same?
Old 05-24-2002, 12:46 PM   #2  

I'm with you, if my kids are even in the house, I turn it off! :-)
Old 06-13-2002, 08:05 AM   #3  

hbjaya

My BF exercizes every day at home and I still feel embarrassed. I do it though because i Need it and I know it. Mostly, the most insensitive people are the ones you love most, but ask them: do they want to support you to help you in getting healthy? Nobody's gonna say no.

that'll stop them.

Good luck and get on with it!
Old 06-20-2002, 02:45 PM   #4  

Unhappy Same boat

I completely understand what you mean. I thought I was the only one. I have 4 videos that I like to switch between so I have some variety in my workouts, but the minute my roomate or bf walked in I automatically turned it off. Kinda looney, but it does seem a bit embarrassing. I just have to remind myself that no matter what funny looks I get I just picture the looks on their faces after they see how much better I am going to lose when I hit my goal.

It seems the people we most care about are the ones we get the most embarrassed with, so the next time the ol' man walks in or the kids giggle, tell em to join you and you can have fun with it together. Then the minute they wear out, but your still going strong, then you can have a little giggle about them. After that, they will understand and you probably won't hear a peep from them anymore or they will enjoy working out with you so much, they will keep joining you. How great would that be?
Old 06-22-2002, 03:02 PM   #5  

That is why I prefer going to the health club to do aerobics......because everyone there is doing the same thing!
Closed Thread