South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default The Weekend Chick Chat

Happy March! It's coming in like a lamb here, I just hope it goes out like a lamb, too. Spring is right around the corner.

The predicted 3" of snow ended up being just rain for us. I really wouldn't have minded the snow, since it's the weekend. I'm not sure just what our plans are for the day, right now I'm just curled up next to Jake on the couch, enjoying my coffee.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

No lambs here.
Good morning Cottage! Now for coffee.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:38 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

it looks calm but cold out, but I"m gonna get out to take Jade for a walk at least once if not twice today. She's locked in crate all day while I'm at work and it's been too cold to take her for walks, so I'm gonna dig out the longjohns and go!!!!! Besides, I need my exercise and I have no plans of going into town to do the curves, unless son needs picking up, then I will. He has a class of Judo this am.

I really pray I don't lose this gumption I have right now. I have been feeling like I CAN lose the weight I'm wanting to lose, but usually I get down to about 178 and stop. I'm hoping that between you all and curves I wont quit!

I have gotten the blood pressure down. This am it's down to 123/89 !!!!! as opposed to 173/93, 162/101, 184/104... (those are readings stored in the machine.)
Old 03-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #4  
Determined to lose!

Hey! How did I get my title changed to SR member????
Old 03-01-2008, 08:06 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Loriann - it changed automatically after 100 posts. Would you like it changed to something else - like Gumption Gal? So glad you are still feeling feisty!

Cottage, sounds cozy. I may make myself a fancy dancy breakfast in lieu of going out with you and Jake.

CindiM, I'm with you on the re the weather - maybe even a . We may as well resign ourselves to March as a winter month and take any spring-like days as a bonus. My plough lad is the only one happy baout the snow - he's ploughed me out at elast once a week since mid-December.

I hope to get out in my car today - just going down to the store for milk would be such freedom although my friends have been incredibly supportive. There's one wee problem - my neighbour Liz had the use of my Focus while I couldn't drive and has mislaid the keys! Oy! I suspect they are in a jacket pocket and will turn up today but ...... I really need to get back to driving as I have a re-check with the surgeon in town on Wednesday and really would like to drive myself.

Hershey and I plan a quiet day with some sewing to do and an order to get ready from the garden catalogues that I've been drooling over since December. Come on Spring!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Saturday Morning chicks!
DH and I had a really nice dinner at Sunset last night. I love that place, we've been there dozens of times and always get a great meal. It's also a place my grandparents used to love to go to, so some fond childhood memories too. There's nothing like a morning weigh-in to keep you on track though! I had one glass of wine, a salad, lima beans, and tenderloin with a crabcake, but I only ate half of the entree (yummy lunch today!). The kids ended up sleeping over at my Mom's house. DH and I were both beat - he worked the midnight to 8AM watch yesterday, so he hadn't slept for about a day and a half, except for a nap on the plane, and I hadn't slept much either. We stayed up long enough to get reacquainted , but I think we were both out by 9:00!

I have no idea what I'll get into today. I've been weighing the options, but it all depends on my mood. The kids both have friends coming over. I need to grocery shop and plan menus. I may try to get to the PA Dutch Market too. We could go swimming. And I definitely want to get in a WATP. Whatever we get into, it's a beautiful sunny day!

I get to move my ticker today! I've weighed three times and come up with three different weights, so I'm going to wait a while before I decide what number to go with. In any case it'll be a loss, which I haven't seen in a while!

cottage, aren't lazy Saturday mornings the best? Thanks to a cup of coffee after dinner, I stayed awake long enough!
loriann, great job on lowering the blood pressure! There's your motivation to keep going. You seem to have plenty of gumption to last for a while.
Cyndi, I've got to go back and read yesterday to find out about the lambs!
Ruth, it's so great to hear you sounding back to your self. I'm sure you'll be out and about before you know it.

I'm sure I'll check back in later, chicks. Have a good one!
Old 03-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Schmoodle, you go with the lowest number that scale gave you! You deserve it after all your hard work!

Ruth, hope your friend finds your keys!

Cyndi, I'm wishing for some little bleating lambs to come meandering up your way!

Loriann, we'll see you through the 178 brick wall!!!

Linda, are your skies as bright and blue as ours? Looks like there's a bit of a breeze out there, but it was nice last night when I was walking to and from my sister's.

I'm trying to get the energy and sitter support to go out for a run this morning. Hopefully my mom will be able to come sit with the kids while they eat their breakfasts. My dad and brother are out at the ski slopes teaching lessons so I'm hoping she doesn't have big plans, or can at least work in a half hour for me. Then this afternoon is my niece's birthday party. I've already planned in a piece of cake, but I am going to be really good the rest of the day and I have a food plan all ready for tomorrow, so I WILL stay on track. This is like a mini-trial for when Tom gets home and I have five straight days of eating out and parties. Ugh. That is going to be just mentally exhausting!

Kara
Old 03-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #8  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good Saturday afternoon!

I've tried so many times to get on here and post & had no such luck til now.

Dh & I got up early this morning and walked the 3 mile Asthma walk - great weather for it. Now we will spend the rest of the day at the grocery store & doing thigs around the house.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Glad you enjoyed your walk, Gonna! Have fun at the grocery.

I did get in my run and am showered and just about ready to head out to the party. I'm going to grab my yogurt and blueberries and then we'll be set to go. Wish me luck!

Kara
Old 03-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

March in like a lion here. Blowing snow. Love the rain prediction they were predicting a trace of snow looks about 2 inches out there and it ain't slowin down. Started a new quilt today. Finished the placemats and napkins yesterday and something needs to be done with all those linens. I hate throwing them away so they're going into a couple quilts.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:48 PM   #11  

I cannot believe it is Saturday!

Loriann: Congratulations on the lowered blood pressure!
Ruth: I hope you find your keys. Being without your car is so inconvenient.
Schmoodle: Great job on the weight loss. Keep up the good work. I am with Kara on this one, put the lowest weight!
Kara: I hope your sitter support comes through. I didn't realize that when Tom came in it was such a challenge. I know eating out is very challenging, and I have avoided parties like the plague. Keep thinking positively, by reading all your post you can get through it! I just read your most recent post and it looks like you got your run!
Gonna: Way to go on the 3 mile Asthma Walk!
Old 03-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My keys are back but I can't drive out the lane until the lad ploughs. There's 8" of snow and I can't chance getting stuck. Oy!
Old 03-01-2008, 07:15 PM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Jen, we need to start a 3FC South Beach quilting club!

TN, it's gonna be a doozy! The day he gets in, we have lunch out with his mom and then dinner out with close friends. The next day, we're having a family party at his dad's. The day after that is Palm Sunday at my grandparents. Then, his last full day is Monday and we're doing dinner out with his mom. My word! I'm going to check out the menus at the restaurants beforehand and choose what I'm going to eat while in sane mind, and then for the family parties I'm going to contribute something healthy and only eat what I've prepared. That's the best I can think of right now.

I did do VERY well for myself at the party today. I had a small piece of birthday cake, which was on my plan, and stayed away from the food table otherwise. I'm very proud of myself!

Kara
Old 03-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

Well, I didn't get out shopping tonight. DH took way longer than expected, and I didn't want to shop with 3 kids. The stress that can create (sometimes) is enough to make me want to eat a lot. Did I mention I'm a comfort eater? And a boredom eater? And a stress eater? And a happy eater? LOL...

But tomorrow I'm just going to keep it simple and have some plain eggs with cheese for breakfast. I'll shop after church, and hopefully go from there. Sometime about 2PM tomorrow I'm going to hit my wall of desperation, so I hope to have plenty of Phase1 snacks ready to go. If I can get through 2 days, I'll be good, I think.

DD9 like to run, just tried my treadmill and easily ran a 12 minute mile.. I can only do a 16 minute mile on a good day. When it warms up, maybe she'll be my running partner... ?

Kara, it sounds like a challenge coming up, but you have a great plan. If you mess up a little, you'll get right back on I bet.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #15  
Visualizing the Goal

Fluffy, how old are your kids? Mine are 6, 3, and 1.5 and it's always an adventure shopping with them! I try to get them to "help" a lot. They put the fresh produce in the produce bags, pick out their own apples, decide between French-cut green beans and regular ones, choose which flavors of yogurt they want for the week, etc., etc., etc. Plus, we go to a grocery store here that has a train that runs along tracks above the dairy section and it's a huge hit! Good luck getting it done tomorrow!

Kara
Closed Thread