Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-29-2008, 11:00 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Best weight loss tool... Nintendo DS!

LOL! Ok, you're all probably going to think I've fallen on my head or something.

But I'm completely serious! A lot of us have issues with emotional eating, or eating when bored or stressed.

My husband gave me a Nintendo DS Lite for Valentine's Day and got me a game as well. I was so addicted to it, I forgot to eat a few times!

This is a great thing to keep you busy. You fing a game that you like, there are tons of them out there, including the ones to exercise the brain. And I'm telling you, you'll lose the focus on food. It's portable so it goes everywhere.

I particularly like Zelda... yeah, yeah, what can I say, I'm like a little kid when it comes to video games. I was so focused on the game that I wasn't thinking about food at all.

Ok, you can officially label me as nuts, but it works for me (I mean the video games, not the "nut" label...lol).

Last edited by friendlykat4u; 02-29-2008 at 11:02 PM.
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:17 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I like computer games--good ones really keep my attention. But I can't say I've ever forgotten to eat... Darn it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:30 AM   #3  
Catherine

S/C/G: 446/389/200

Height: 6'2

I don't have a DS, but I LOVE my gamecube, although I havent played it in awhile since I've been so busy. It probably did distract me from food though, especially late at night I actually love Zelda too And the Resident Evil series..
BrokenButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:03 AM   #4  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Yes the DS! Love it!

Try Professor Layton. It just came out. It's VERY good. It challenges your brain with all sorts of crazy puzzles and at the same time you are solving a crime. My husband gave me this game for Valentine's Day and then took it away from me and has been playing it himself since!
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/253/180

My Husband And I Just Got Rock Band For His Xbox 360 And I Totally Love It! It Is Sooooo Much More Fun Than I Anticipated! And Even Though I Feel Like I'm Being Lazy By Sitting Around And Playing It Sometimes, At Least I'm Not Eating Because I'm Bored.
JimmieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #6  

DaisyNicole: That's the game I want to get, it looks like it's something I'd love. I saw it at Target on sale yesterday, but I didn't buy it. That will probably be my next treat.

Playing a video game sure is better than eating if you're bored. You can always say you're working out...the brain!
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've played video games off and on since I was young (started with an Atari 2600). Uhh yeah, it never stopped me from eating
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I find the best "sitting on my butt" weight loss "tool", to be 3FC. Hands down.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #9  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

I confess that I've sometimes lost track of time, therefore not eating out of boredom, by playing video games, too.

There are some things that I get so totally engrossed in that I can spend hours on them without noticing how much time has gone by! One of my favorite things to do is put together music videos on my computer using family pictures. That can keep me occupied for hours and hours, and when I'm done I burn it to a DVD and show my project off to everyone.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #10  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmieLynn View Post
My Husband And I Just Got Rock Band For His Xbox 360 And I Totally Love It! It Is Sooooo Much More Fun Than I Anticipated! And Even Though I Feel Like I'm Being Lazy By Sitting Around And Playing It Sometimes, At Least I'm Not Eating Because I'm Bored.
Play the drums on rock band... it'll be a workout! I played with a group of friends for hours a couple weeks ago and my calf hurt SO BAD!

I love that game!
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #11  

Height: 5'3"

video games help me to not eat as well. they don't really help me to exercise though...

i love tetris and world of warcraft... so addicting
beautybooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I play card games online, I feel responsible to the people I'm playing with to be compleatly focused so I don't try to eat while playing.

I heard somewhere that it takes 15 min for a craving to pass so finding something to distract you while it passes can be good.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #13  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I can spend hours and hours playing with my digital camera; taking pictures of all my backyard critters and natural scenery. Then you have to download them and crop and edit and resize ... you get the idea. I lose track of time, but then DH comes to ask 'what's for dinner?' ~ LOL!

I can also spend lots of time on my PC and at 3FC's too ...

ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #14  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

I love my Wii! Time just flies by lol. I also find that picking up around the house is much more satifsying than snacks sometimes. I agree with Robin that 3FC is my fav sitting on my butt thing too lol.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote