Thread: I Caved
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #12
mandalinn82
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Heehee, ya'll crack me up..

I'd recommend one extra thing, if you can...figure out what went wrong that led to the bad choice. PMS? Taking the first bite of cookie and not stopping yourself before moving onto more cookies? Getting too hungry/tired/cranky? Baking the cookies in the first place, if they're a trigger food?

Obviously, I'm on team "forgive yourself and move on". But it can be useful to know what went wrong so you can try to prevent it in the future.

Take me, for instance. Today, I also made cookies...and nosedived into the dough. Oops. But I did take a second to figure out what it was (if one goes on an hour and a half long bike trek, having eaten only a Slimfast while running out the door this morning, one should probably EAT before baking cookies, or the dough will be WAY too tempted to your starving body!). That way, each little "blip" becomes a learning experience, so you learn ways to avoid the same pitfalls in the future.

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!

Maintained Oct 2007-Sept 2011, then got pregnant. Our baby boy was born in May, 2012...now to lose the baby weight!!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote