Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #1  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Default I don't like this cycle

I go through these cycles - losing 5-7 pounds quickly, then for 2 months I gain and lose the same 3 pounds over and over, then I lose 5-7 pounds quickly, then gain and lose the same 3 pounds over and over (you get the idea).

I was pretty bad from October through the end of 2007 so I gained and lost the same 4 pounds over and over. On January 1, I started over a little bit and stayed within my points, got into heavy exercise, and lost 6 pounds in a month. Now the past month I'm just going from 136 to 139 over and over and over.

I am getting frustrated because I don't have much to go to get to my next big goal and where I might stop - 130. I'm at the point sometimes where I just want to say whatever, I'll just stop now, everyone tells me I look so great and I've lost so much weight, and I'll just maintain here, but I'm personally not happy yet. I know that I am getting to a healthier weight, but I'm just not happy yet. I honestly don't know if I will be happy at 130, but that is what I'm focusing on right now. I'm really just feeling blah - pity party for myself right here!!

Everyone says it gets harder when you get closer to your goal weight, and they sure are right. Today has been completely off eating - I munched on banana chips, a fiber one bar, and pretzels already and it's only 10:30. Bad bad bad.

I think I need to get back into the state of mind I was in during January. I was so focused and doing so good - no sneaking a snack here and there at work, no overeating, I was doing great, and I need to get back there. Those last few pounds are so tricky!
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You know what you need to do. Do it!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:36 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I agree with Bargoo. What you're saying is that you go off plan and stop losing. Well... Step away from the snack foods!

You must understand that your eating choices are why you keep going through this cycle. It's not because your body is a problem, it's your eating patterns.

You also need to figure out how you are going to eat when you get to your goal weight. Keeping weight off means that you need a plan for how to eat to maintain... How will you stay accountable? Check out the Maintainers Forum for some ideas.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:51 AM   #4  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
I agree with Bargoo. What you're saying is that you go off plan and stop losing. Well... Step away from the snack foods!
yes, especially those banana chips! They're fried and laden with grease, fat and sugar!!!

Another suggestion: if you're only a few pounds from your goal weight maybe it's time to stop focusing on your WEIGHT and start focusing on how you LOOK. It seems that is the area you're unhappy with. What do you do for fitness? If you don't lift weights you should be!! This is the one thing that can really sculpt and actually change the shape of your body. Perhaps look at one session with a personal trainer to develope a program for you (that's what I did) or if you can afford it meet with them regularly.

Last edited by wisher; 02-28-2008 at 11:51 AM.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:02 PM   #5  
The Princess

S/C/G: 225/206/150

Height: 5' 7"

Look at how far you've come! In the past year you've had such an awesome weight loss. I go through the same frustrating thing. I find that if I increase my calories for a few weeks (not excessively--just go to a maintenance amount), my body is happier to give up a few pounds when I cut calories again. Maybe think about increasing your exercise, too. Every little bit makes a difference. If all else fails, learn to be happy where you are for the time being and know those last few pounds will eventually disappear.
Dorys Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #6  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

All of you are absolutely right. When it came to refocusing at the turn of the new year, it was basically just me telling myself "DO IT!!" and stepping away from the little snacking throughout the day, and really really focusing on staying within my points range and getting in that exercise.

As far as exercise, I'm getting in no less than 4 days a week, and usually 5-6 days a week. Cardio every time I exercise (running, DVDs, elliptical) and 2-3 times a week I do about 30 minutes of weights and incorporate lunges, squats, and pushups into it. Latey I have been trying to focus less on the number (although it is hard) and more on how I look. I have finally seen the change in my body (it took me 47 pounds and 10 months to see a change in the mirror) so I've been trying to really focus on exercise lately to get some of the chub and flub gone.

I have definitely been able to change my eating habits forever to a better way - before I would eat the whole bag of chips or cookies, eat ice cream every day, you get the idea. Now, we don't have those things in the house ever (unless they are in 100 cal packs which I have no problem just eating one of and walking away) and I don't think we ever will have them in the house again because it is just too tempting. I know that the times I go off plan are why I bounce between 3 pounds, so I really think that I am just going to have to be strict until I get to the weight I am comfortable with. that doesn't mean I won't plan in an occasional dinner out or event with friends, but I can plan for those and change my food and up my exercise for the time surrounding that event.

It's going to basically come down to just DO IT and stop fudging around!

Thanks for everyone's advice!
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote