Exercise Equipment Does it work? Share your experiences with exercise equipment here.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Temporary Goal - 186/180/156

Height: 5'3"

Post Masai Barefoot Technology sneakers (MBT)

Has anyone tried MBT sneakers? They are a sneaker that causes you to exercise your legs and back and supposedly helps posture. The sole of the shoe curves upward towards the heel, forcing you to keep yourself balanced. I bought a pair last month, and have been wearing them most everyday to run around in when doing errands -- I can feel the burn in my thighs, calfs and shins. Yesterday, I wore them while doing my regular walk in the park, but had to stop after twenty minutes because my legs were so tired. Has anyone else tried them? I would be interested to know your experience with them. Thanks, Michele.
Michele237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/mfd175/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

I purchased my first pair of MBT's almost a year ago and I am still in love with them. Totally worth the money. My powerwalks get better and better and they have made a huge difference in my posture. I now have two pair and also the sandals.

They do take some getting used to, but ease into them and you won't be disappointed.
ideafield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:21 PM   #3  

I haven't heard of these before. Where do you get them? Are they expensive?

dustcatcher
dustcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #4  
MuffinTop - Begone!!!

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

I bought my MBT's a little less than a year ago, as I am a nurse who walks a ridiculous amount for my job (I work 12 hour shifts, and walk roughly 10,000 steps or more according to my pedometer!) I had been getting some quite severe back and knee pain after my shifts, and getting up in the morning was torture, I was in so much pain! My MBT's do seem to correct my posture, so my knee pain has gone away, and my back pain has really improved! They are expensive, (I paid $225 for mine) but completely worth every penny. I bought mine thru Amazon.com (just go to that website, and do a search for Masai Barefoot Technology shoes) I've also seen them listed on Ebay. Next, I want to try the FitFLops that I've seen listed on Bath & Body Works, kinda like a summer flip-flop version of these shoes, has anyone tried those? they actually look pretty cute!
Venvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/mfd175/165/135

Height: 5'4"

I purchased my first pair at The Walking Company store because I wanted to try them on and walk in them before I purchased. Yes, they are expensive, but I quickly got over the guilt once I realized I was wearing them all the time. I have also noticed a huge improvement in my posture, standing straight and tall comes naturally in these shoes.

If you google MBT, you will find their website which has tons of info as well as listings of stores near you which carry the shoes.

I have also been wanting to try the FitFlops but haven't yet!
ideafield is offline   Reply With Quote