Old 02-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #1  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Default Hi! I'm new too!

Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer. I am new to this site, but not new to losing weight. I have tried too many diets to name, but when I did WW years ago I lost 44 pounds then hit a major plateau and gave up. Of course I gained the weight back and then some. July 2005 I reached 298 lbs and was so unhappy with myself I just couldn't take it anymore. That is when I started LA Weight Loss in about 6 months I lost 53 lbs and then was suprised (but blessed) to find out that I was pregnant with my son. Of course since I had to put my weight loss on hold because I couldn't continue with LA Weight Loss until after my pregnancy, I went back to very bad eating habits. I ended up gaining 72 lbs with my pregnancy and ended up being back to square one with my weight. After my son was born I tried going back to LA Weight Loss, but was just too discouraged with myself and them to continue with them. So I spiraled back to my old self very quickly and with 2008 approaching and having a very active child I knew I had to do something. Jan. 1, 2008 I started trying to exercise and eat healthier, but with no real way to keep track of my eating I wasn't really losing much at all. I decided to go back to WW points system because for me it held me accountable and was pretty easy to follow. So far I have lost 12 lbs and am walking 3 times a week. I also struggle with the "all or nothing" mentality and that is something I am trying to turn around. I look forward to "meeting" everyone and so far I am inspired by so many stories! I sure could use all the support I can get!

~Jennifer~
Hopefulpinkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:23 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Jennifer!

Congrats on those 12 lbs down. Many of us struggle with that "all or nothing" mentality. And in order to change it, I believe the first step is to accept that slip-ups will happen. They will... we're human, and I have yet to speak to anyone who has lost weight say "I never messed up once. Ever." Another step we need to take is to fully embrace the fact that if we want this weight gone forever, we have to commit to changing our lives forever.

You really have a great start! Eating healthier & exercising are HUGE steps. Be sure to post wherever on 3FC that you're comfortable ^^

Best of success!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well then HELLO and WELCOME to you too as well as all the other newbies.

I too needed/still need/will ALWAYS need - accountability, which is why I calorie count. I know WW is a similar idea and am glad to hear that you're back with it and have lost 12 lbs already. Congratulations!!!

I look forward to hearing lots more from you, so please post often.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:59 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Jennifer - and welcome! Lots of new 100+ers this week

Show the "all or nothing" mentality the door. It only sets you up for failure.
Did you know that a pilot makes hundreds of corrections while flying to stay on course? And as passengers we just know we arrive at airport B from airport A.
A weight loss journey is like that. Many corrections happen to keep on the path - the key to to make the correction and not think of it as a failure.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #5  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi and a warm welcome to you!

You'll find lots of support here. Congrats on your 12 pound loss....you are on your way!

Many folks struggle with the "all or nothing" mentality. We'll be here to help and support you along your journey.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

This is one I found in The Beck Diet book I'm reading. Beaware of how often your standing while eating. Train yourself to only eat sitting. This has stopped me from mindless food popping while cooking or getting plates ready for the kids.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Geez whoops wrong post. Another Mez moment!!!
This was supose to say WELCOME!!!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #9  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome Jennifer!
Congratulations on your 12 lb loss so far - that is fantastic. I also have a young son (2 years) and he is a huge motivation for me to lose weight - that and the fact that I want to get pregnant again - but this time at a healthy weight. I am also working on losing the "all or nothing" approach that got me this fat to begin with. I love this site and hope you enjoy it too. I look forward to being on the journey with you!

Cheers,
Robyne
Healthy Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #10  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

You guys are wonderful!

Robyne-I am right there with you. I also am looking to get pregnant when I get down to my healthier goal weight. I was overweight when I got pregnant and it was so much harder to pregnant and overweight. It's nice to have weight loss buddies!

Mez-Thanks for the welcome and actually even if the tip wasn't meant for me it's actually a really good tip! I will have to keep that in mind.

Lori-That's a really good way to look at it. Thanks for the encouraging words!

Faerie-Thank you for the kind words! They really encouraged me.

Thank you all so much. I'm happy to have found people who know what it's like losing 100+ lbs!

Last edited by Hopefulpinkangel; 02-26-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Hopefulpinkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

You've come to a wonderful place!!!
on the weightloss so far.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #12  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Jennifer!

It's wonderful to have you...you've found the magic pill...this group!!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote