View Single Post
Old 05-22-2002, 07:35 PM   #9
Lenore

Default Old Ned and I with our throats bone dry and still no sign of water, cool water

Let's see--2 cups before leaving the house, 6-9 cups at work, at least 2 more with dinner--that's 80-104 ounces a day. And that doesn't count sodas, coffee, or workout water. Because I live in the desert, I consider that a minimum; summertime I drink more, because you lose lots of water just by breathing the hot dry air.

Everything I've read and my own experience has convinced me that drinking water is just good for you. It helps your digestion, keeps your organs functioning properly and your skin younger looking. And not drinking enough is very bad for you: dehydration gives you headaches, nausea, crankiness, confusion, and general bad health. Of course, if you live in a humid area you won't need 100 ounces of water, but IMHO the 48 ounces that WW tells you to drink is a good minimum amount.

Oh, and yes, it does help me with my appetite, although my main issue is journalling and splurging...but that's for another post.

Lenore