Old 02-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #1  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 235/194/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Group: I need to get motivated...i need someone to help me with this journey

Hi there, so ive managed to regain 20lbs in a the last 6 months...and am very angry with myself...i binged for 6 months, saying to myself every single day..."tomorrow"..."tomorrow I start counting calories">...and tomorrow never comes...I lost 63lbs in about 9months going from 235 to 172...mainting the most part for about 3 months...BUT...went crazy and started eating anything and everything...now I really need to start this journey again...with the mindset that it never ends....i found counting worked best for me, because I allowed myself small treats within my daily calorie allowance...and bcs I know it works, now I want to get started again, only this time, Im going to start excercising too...which I never did in the first place...and I know it will help me to maintain my goal weight...Im sure I could go lower for a goal weight, but I want to get to that first before I change my goal...SIGH'...i just need to talk this out...vent, and get support from those who understand this daily journey... im a chatter...and need to chat it out... any advice...support is totally appreciated...
mamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #2  
Bite Sized Version of Me

S/C/G: 234/175/145

Default 10% goals

Hi,
My name is Kari. I've been trying to lose weight myself so I know how you feel. I think that setting smaller goals are the way to go. I try to set 10% goals, meaning that I have the mindset that I only need to lose 10% of my weight. It doesn't seem as daunting as the BIG number. I'm all about chatting my way through this. My sisters are far away and oh by the way thin...so I'm here trying to fing someone in the same boat that I am.
Good Luck.
kari
kari a go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 219/212/150

Height: 5'4"

Whew! I can totally relate! I haven't lost as much wt. as you have but I have gained it all back & am so disgusted with myself! I can't climb the darn stairs without feeling it. My clothes feel tight & uncomfortable. So I get it! I made a decision to do Nutrisystem for 1 month to get myself going. I've done WW a few times & have not stuck with it. I'm an emotional eater - it makes me feel good to eat a whole bag of chips! I hate to exercise. I have fibromyalgia & it hurts. NO MORE excuses for us - we gotta get moving! I'm strating Monday - I'll be thinking of you - stay strong!
Grace4Me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #4  

thanks Kari...it looks like you have been successful, how did you get started...ie...what kind of excerice program did you do at first, and how did you manage your meals? Congrats on your progess...it is nice to see others working their way through this....sigh!....so yeah...i figured if im not starting today...i need to get some motivation and insights first...and then I know I can do this, especially if I have someone to report back to...you or any audience for that matter...its just nice to put it in writing...and going from there for me...its kinda like therapy...he he...i think im an emotional eater, and only have just realized it, because the last 6 monts have been crazy andthings still are not settled, so i figured...id vent my way through..and talk my way through the choices Im making daily...sigh'...
Old 02-23-2008, 05:35 PM   #5  
Bite Sized Version of Me

Hi...I started out doing the Atkins thing, but found that was very hard to do being a single mom. So I began just trying to eat smaller portions and NOT finishing their meals. Drinking plenty of H2O was key and cutting way back on my soda addiction (6-8 a day yikes). My life was very stressful for a good long while and I find it very hard to lose weight as I too am an emotional eater, for a while there Ben and Jerry were my only friends.
As for exercise, all I did was an encumbrent bike... 30 min a day 3 days a week. I joined a gym last month, but sadly havn't gotten my but down there more than a few times. that is my goal for this week though. Get to the gym and get back on track.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #6  

Hi Grace and Kari, nevermind my clothes are tight, when I lost all the weight, I vowed never to go over 180 again...and got rid of all my big clothes except for one pair of dress pants and a pair of khaki casuals...AND...they are even getting tight!!!! I dont have any other pants that fit and I REFUSE to buy any new clothes to fit....I too am starting on MOnday...thats the plan...I am volunteering at the Family Y...2xs a week and before I do my vol shift i will go try something out...cardio??? I think, I need to talk to someone about what to do....???>....and the other 2 days my 4 yr old goes to preschool at the Y and after I pick her up...i plan to go too!!!...I will def be thinking of you Monday..and hopefull here back from you to see how your day went!!! I cant stick to programs like WW, bcs I find it too abstract to count things that way...calories make more sense to me...i bought a scale at Sears and it weighs everything, ...calories, fibre, protien, fat..etc...etc....SO yeah...i plan on going to to the gym and going full force Monday morning...with...counting and excerices...im very inactive...aside from two little ones...so going from couch potatoe who eats anything...to eating healthy and excerices...is sure to be challenging...im getting emotionally ready for this...really ready...no more excuses is defenitley the thought I need to adopt...
Old 02-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #7  

again..thank you guys for responding to my plight...I already, feel less alone in this journey...challenge...new way of living my day to day..
Old 02-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #8  

I'm in! I am going to start with the treadmill - 30" to start. I just wrote out a menu for the week. I'll weigh in Monday morning & that will be my starting point. Being over the 200 mark is unacceptable!
Old 02-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #9  

i was eating 6 times a day....three small meals and three snacks a day....along with lots of water too....Right now...Im not even drinking water daily?????...and I eat more like 3 times a day....big big meals....and when I do snack..its really bad snack food.... sigh....so in a way, im looking forward to eating lighter and healtheir, im kinda getting sick of the bad food....not only does it make me feel kinda bad physically and emotionally...it doesnt really taste all that good either...some days I just crave a good vegetable....but end up eating something starchy and heavy BUT....that was the past...and hopefully will remain the past....i have to start looking in to good cookbooks, I find when I eat healthier...i have to be more creative....
Old 02-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #10  

okay...here we go!!!! I need to make a weekly menu too...my husband thinks its a great idea too....plus it helps us budget too....so yeah....i will talk with you again....and see how your monday has gone!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #11  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

welcome! i have experienced the same thing! just repeat to yourself! I CAN DO IT! I WILL DO IT! good luck!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:29 PM   #12  
Bite Sized Version of Me

Ok girls, I'm in for starting back seriously on Monday, Back to the gym and counting those calories, have any of you tried calorieking.com? It's about 40 bucks but you just type in what you eat are going to eat and it counts everything for you. Keeps a daily log and charts your progress. I really like it.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome!
A number of our members use FitDay to count their calories:
http://www.fitday.com/
It's free.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #14  

I am loading up on bread becauz I know I will miss it SO much! Not just any bread - good bread, fresh baked french, sheepherders, etc. Oh yes, & did I mention the butter that goes on the bread?!
Gearing up mentally today............grace
Old 02-24-2008, 07:27 PM   #15  

I have a scale at home that I use to count my calories...when I did this before I weighed everything, including the butter on my toast...it was a bit painstaking, but accurate and made me feel good to be taking the effort and time into making counscious healthiful choices...SOOO...im at it again, as of tomorrow morning...OH and thank goodness most things have a calorie count on them too...that helps!