Old 02-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 287.8/????/180

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Swift Kick in the Butt needed

OK guys, this is a plea from GA... I've started a new work schedule, working day shift rather than night, and what have I been doing? Going out to eat after work because restaurants are actually open when I'm off work. This week alone I've gained 8 lbs. TELL ME TO GET BACK ON PLAN!!!! I need someone, or more than one, to tell me to get off my butt and start back. HELP!!!

Last edited by marauderpig25; 02-22-2008 at 07:29 AM.
marauderpig25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:34 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Looks like you need to consider those restaurants CLOSED for the time being, until you can choose healthier things on the menu.

Going out to eat everyday is NOT going to help you get to your goal.

Think on it, and maybe pack a small snack for after work so you don't go out to the restaurants. Or prepare something delicious for dinner the night before, so that you know you have something yummy at home. (And you don't have to spend a ton to make it )

So here's your:

And here's a: for good measure.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #3  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Get back on plan! Hide your cash and your credit cards so that you can't eat out after work. Pack some on plan snacks so that you can munch on those on your way out the door to stop you from the urge to eat.

Last edited by fiberlover; 02-22-2008 at 09:40 AM.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

McKinzie, have you ever gone on a site like Calorie King and looked up the calorie counts in some of your favorite restauraunt foods? If not, I encourage you to do so. Like me, you just might be amazed.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-22-2008 at 09:42 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #5  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

McKinzie, GET BACK ON PLAN! RIGHT NOW, WITH THE NEXT PIECE OF FOOD YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH! Most likely, most of that 8 lbs is water retention and will come off easily, but if you continue to stay off plan, you know what will happen.

Also, you need to figure out why it happened. Do you need to have a snack in the afternoon before you leave work to keep from being so hungry? Can you drink a big glass of water an hour or so before you leave work and maybe refill your cup for the drive home? Fiberlover had a great idea about the cash and debit card. Maybe make an appointment with a friend to go exercise or go for a walk right after work. You can't stop and eat if you know you have to meet someone someplace. Make sure you have at least one healthy, quick, easy to prepare, low calorie dish that you can make in a pinch at home, so you can't say that eating out is easier than cooking. Do everything you can to make it as easy as possible for yourself. Plan, plan, plan.

You can get back on plan. Why don't you come back here after work today and let us know how you did? Knowing that you have to be accountable to someone is a big deterrant sometimes.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:06 PM   #6  

Well, I did really well today until dinner... when I had Olive Garden as celebration for getting my yearly bonus today, but starting now I'm going to take everyone's advice. I can't keep this up! I've been sluggish, haven't been working out... and I've been down right lazy!! Tomorrow will be a better day, though. Earlier this week I invited a friend to go out to lunch tomorrow, but I'm going to go to the grocery store tonight and I'll be having her come to my house instead so I can cook something healthy. Thanks so much for the support! I'm really in dire need of it right now. I'll update tomorrow to let you know how it goes.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #7  
Meowsah

S/C/G: 317/239.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Don't wait one second! The time to get back on plan is NOW! You can do it!

We have moments where we go off plan. But I think the key is definitely getting right back on it and not waiting. And definitely don't beat yourself up over it.

Noelani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:40 AM   #8  

Default Doing better!!

So yesterday I did really well! My friend talked me into going out for lunch instead of cooking, but we went to applebee's and I had their lime chicken salad from the WW menu. The only bad thing is I had a few girl scout cookies, but I was still down this morning 2.4lbs! Thanks again so much for the support!! It's back on track for me!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #9  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

McKinzie!! Going out to eat and making good choices is harder for me than bringing my own food and snacks to work with me. Which is why I try to keep going out to a minimum. But when I do go out? Look up the menu info online on My Daily Plate or Calorie King before you go. Some stuff that sounds hecka healthy is NOT. A little research beforehand can be quite helpful.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:07 AM   #10  

Thanks Gina... I'll definitely do that next time I go out.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 294/160

Height: 5'8"

Like you, I also had a ad habit of grabbing something to eat on my way home. One way that I found to combat this was by leaving my cash and credit/debit card at home. I do keep a credit card on hand for emergencies, but refuse to use it. I have found that by not having these things easily accessible I plan more and by the time that I get home it is then more convenient for me to eat there than going out. Hope this helps!
Chysmom is offline   Reply With Quote